Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bannhammer follow up (Read 24561 times)
mattyboy
Ex Member

Bannhammer follow up
Apr 24th, 2014 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
So a couple friends who caught the Banhammer late last month have finally gotten back online to survey the damage now that their bans have expired. How bad was it?  well this is from a guy who wasn't even duping stones and boxes, just run of the mill stuff:

"Ya ban is over but not playing much.
They completely gutted my acount, emptied entire green bags, deleted crafted weapons even deleted 3 stones I paid tp for and many ingredients I never duped. Wiped clean. My bank acount got the same treatment even though no duping was done on it. Rather discouraged me from playing, I think I'll try some other mmo. ESO looks promising!"

He had a two week ban, I don't know if it will scale at ban lengths and longer bans will be worse? but this sounds pretty stark as it is.  Sad
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 2:52pm by »  

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Bannhammer follow up
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Well, cant say he didnt deserved it, right?

While I agree on the rule explit early and often, I do expect that those who get caught will bite the dust

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 2:57pm
Print Post  

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 2:56pm:

While I agree on the rule explit early and often, I do expect that those who get caught will bite the dust

for me it is very hard not to exploit when I know an exploit. It is like a sickness.

Can I sue Turbine for discrimination against people with a disability?

Anyway...i don´t even have time to exploit....   Undecided

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:04pm
Print Post  

Bah!  I won't say who he is, but I will tell you that if he bails he will be a huge, and I mean HUGE loss to khyber. Just about the most knowledgeable, helpful (noobs and vets), friendly, and fun guys I have ever played with.

I know what your saying, but it just sucks that he may understandably move on while some real horse=dicks will be on the server forever.

Anyway, just a public service message about post-ban inventories, I had put out a lot of feelers to people to find out what happens.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
"100 Remove Curse pots? DUPED!"

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Anyway...i don´t even have time to exploit....   Undecided

Dude! that is so sad! your killing me here, you have to take time to smell the roses mate! then take the roses, then sell the roses to people who want to smell them.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bah!  I won't say who he is, but I will tell you that if he bails he will be a huge, and I mean HUGE loss to khyber. Just about the most knowledgeable, helpful (noobs and vets), friendly, and fun guys I have ever played with.

I know what your saying, but it just sucks that he may understandably move on while some real horse=dicks will be on the server forever.

Anyway, just a public service message about post-ban inventories, I had put out a lot of feelers to people to find out what happens.

If he shows up in the Vault, I am sure there are enough people here that would help him again on his feet.
We are assholes, but we like to mess thinks up. I would help in Argo.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Dude! that is so sad! your killing me here, you have to take time to smell the roses mate! then take the roses, then sell the roses to people who want to smell them.

Well, if you haven´t played from Monday to Friday a single minute, and you can play on Saturday for 90 minutes, you play 90 minutes, you don´t dupe.

At the time I am duoing anyway...

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If he shows up in the Vault, I am sure there are enough people here that would help him again on his feet.
We are assholes, but we like to mess thinks up. I would help in Argo.

Thanks mate your a stand-up xploiter!  I told him to let me know about that.  The bummer is that when you take a break (forced or not) it is easy to think about stopping, it is a 8 year old game after all. Now if all your shit is gone? well I could see how that would make it even easier to leave.

My big question, really big question is still waiting on Xpstone banned players, I am really curious to see if they pull levels, lifes, exp, etc.... from them.  That would make it really easy.  None that I know for that are back yet.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:12pm by »  

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
still waiting on Xpstone banned players

Were there really already bans handed out for that?...

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:13pm:
Were there really already bans handed out for that?...

Yup! and  couple of our vaulties copped to it early in the month, seems like most caught a 30+ ban
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:18pm by »  

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yup! and  couple of our vaulties copped to it early in the month, seems like most caught a 30+ ban

Ah... I forgot that it's been around that long. How time flies.

Then again, the 7 Epic TRs I did, at 1 every 3 days does add up.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:22pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
i can guarantee 2 things

people who exploit have spent money on ddo

people who exploit are not satisfied with the product that is ddo

no one wants to jump through the hurdles you throw at the players. making goals absurd to reach does not create player retention. it creates exploiters. the entire mantra of ddo is "make anything worth having cost money" and while that might seem profitable in the short term, its gonna piss people  off. Some will leave and some will cheat. Imagine if items weren't hard to acquire, and getting xp wasnt off destiny shitfests for days. no one would need to grind exploited xp, no one would want to waste time duping items. people would spend time playing with others for fun, instead of endlessly grinding their own unreachable goals. you people dont appreciate the shit your players put up just to play a dungeons and dragons-esque game.

either way this game is long over due for death so please continue to ban people who pay for and care about the game

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:21pm:

Ah! if only someone had figured out how to dupe Reincarnation timers eh?

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ah! if only someone had figured out how to dupe Reincarnation timers eh?

Boxes were dupable at 1 point. (Lol, now someone is gonna say "They still are.") That would have got the job done.

I was sitting around for more than 1 day, waiting for the silly timer to reset.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:26pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Athanor
Waterworks Kobold

Carpe Diem!

Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:26pm
Print Post  

Sorry but I don't agree. If the game have bugs we have to live with it until Turbine fixed it, same for exploits. If they did bad software isn't my problem.

I feel sad for the dude that got banned and erased his inventory, what win Turbine with this? absolute nothing, in fact, Turbine is loosing money with that.

So the best police to prevent exploits is fixing them, not banning the people who found the bug

We need more guillotine's revolutions!!!

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:26pm:
Boxes were dupable at 1 point. (Lol, now someone is gonna say "They still are.") That would have got the job done.

I was sitting around for more than 1 day, waiting for the silly timer to reset.  Roll Eyes

Doh! sorry brain fart. Yeah they were in the box so plenty around then.

IP Logged

OneUpGamer
Dragon Raider

Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:23pm:
i can guarantee 2 things

Those are actually valid statemenst and it applies to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #19 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
OneUpGamer wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:40pm:
Those are actually valid statements and it applies to me.

Ditto.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #20 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:23pm:
i can guarantee 2 things

no one wants to jump through the hurdles you throw at the players. making goals absurd to reach does not create player retention. it creates exploiters. the entire mantra of ddo is "make anything worth having cost money" and while that might seem profitable in the short term, its gonna piss people  off. Some will leave and some will cheat. Imagine if items weren't hard to acquire, and getting xp wasnt off destiny shitfests for days. no one would need to grind exploited xp, no one would want to waste time duping items. people would spend time playing with others for fun, instead of endlessly grinding their own unreachable goals. you people dont appreciate the shit your players put up just to play a dungeons and dragons-esque game.

either way this game is long over due for death so please continue to ban people who pay for and care about the game

I've been exploiting like mad and i didn't put a cent in the game in the last four years...

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #21 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:21pm:

Good job my padawan... you did half of your master did. Cheesy

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:51pm:
I've been exploiting like mad and i didn't put a cent in the game in the last four years...

Well, you are an exception.

Even myself, a quite nigg...eehhh stingy player, have spent some money in MOTU and such.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #23 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:51pm:
in the last four years...

how much prior

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #24 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:54pm:
Good job my padawan... you did half of your master did. Cheesy

You ain't my master!...

Heh, I would have done more, bbbuuuuutttttttttt  Roll Eyes Thank you, Mr."Maintenance"
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 4:15pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint