Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Bannhammer follow up (Read 24564 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Bannhammer follow up
Reply #25 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
ESO looks promising!

Follow the Duping.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #26 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 4:02pm:
how much prior

I was VIP for 2 years, dropped it after the first Maban!

I spent $50 and that's it.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #27 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 4:15pm:
You ain't my master!...

Heh, I would have done more, bbbuuuuutttttttttt  Roll Eyes Thank you, Mr."Maintenance"

I should have stayed up all night but i'm old.  Wink

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Athanor wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:26pm:
Sorry but I don't agree. If the game have bugs we have to live with it until Turbine fixed it, same for exploits. If they did bad software isn't my problem.

I feel sad for the dude that got banned and erased his inventory, what win Turbine with this? absolute nothing, in fact, Turbine is loosing money with that.

So the best police to prevent exploits is fixing them, not banning the people who found the bug

Bah, I knew that eventually, someone will go the butthurt way on my post :-D

Ok, I will say the idea behind my post as simply as I can:

We all agreed to EULA. Thus, we all know that if we exploit AND get caught, there will be consequences. They may range from 3 days vacation to permaban. Somwhere between that is inventory cleanup of some degree.

I have absolutely nothing against exploiting at all. Quite the opposite actually. But I am fully prepared to take the consequences if I exploit and get caught. If you exploit, you KNOW you are breaking the rules you agreed to. So if you get punished, take it as man and not as a little bitch that screams - its all their fault!!! They should make 100% perfect and flawless game! Its on them! Its possible to make 100% perfect and flawless game - just look at ESO!

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:36pm:

Well it took 16 posts before it happened, so there is that......

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well it took 16 posts before it happened, so there is that......

Right? It surprised me!

That said, if your friend needs help, i can help out on Cannith. Not sure that is of any use, but I can do that..
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:42pm by Vic »  

IP Logged

ghostbane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:23pm:
i can guarantee 2 things

people who exploit have spent money on ddo

people who exploit are not satisfied with the product that is ddo

no one wants to jump through the hurdles you throw at the players. making goals absurd to reach does not create player retention. it creates exploiters. the entire mantra of ddo is "make anything worth having cost money" and while that might seem profitable in the short term, its gonna piss people  off. Some will leave and some will cheat. Imagine if items weren't hard to acquire, and getting xp wasnt off destiny shitfests for days. no one would need to grind exploited xp, no one would want to waste time duping items. people would spend time playing with others for fun, instead of endlessly grinding their own unreachable goals. you people dont appreciate the shit your players put up just to play a dungeons and dragons-esque game.

either way this game is long over due for death so please continue to ban people who pay for and care about the game

True story.  I spend a fair amount on the game already but I spent MUCH MORE in the store than I would have if I had not been able to recycle as much.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
What a fine bunch of big hearted bastards the Vault produces! lots of offers to help.
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:45pm by »  

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What a fine bunch of big hearted bastards the Vault produces! lots of offers to help.

Hey, i know that if I get caught I get hit. But I hope that if I get hit, I will get some help.

And as such, it has to work bothways.

IP Logged

Myth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
I'd help too if it's someone I know. Its just a game and why not help out your fellow gamers
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:07pm by Myth »  

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #35 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 2:57pm:
Horny bear

Hmmm... dunno if "attack" is the right word.  I think that bear just wanted some sweet, sweet lovin'.  Grin

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #36 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:17pm
Print Post  

We all agreed to EULA. Thus, we all know that if we exploit AND get caught, there will be consequences. They may range from 3 days vacation to permaban. Somwhere between that is inventory cleanup of some degree.

I have absolutely nothing against exploiting at all. Quite the opposite actually. But I am fully prepared to take the consequences if I exploit and get caught. If you exploit, you KNOW you are breaking the rules you agreed to. So if you get punished, take it as man and not as a little bitch that screams - its all their fault!!! They should make 100% perfect and flawless game! Its on them! Its possible to make 100% perfect and flawless game - just look at ESO!

I agree with Vic.
You do the crime, you do the time.  I accept that for my actions.

You can argue over the severity of the punishment and what it achieves, but there must be some consequence to exploiting (deterrent) otherwise it would become mainstream and seriously FUBAR the game.

Regarding the inventory cleaning - to be fair, what can they do?  Spent 6 weeks going through every toon, every bag, every cache validating against store purchases and anything else?
They can't and won't.

Same with the question on stone duping -I don't think they can undo levelling and XP.  They will just delete the toon.  Turbine will take the easy way out and what can you the exploiter argue?
Is it right, prob not, but if your role was to enforce, what would would you do with the growing list in front of you?

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #37 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Says the guy that actively turns in exploiters.

IP Logged

Lootseller
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:19pm:

You're the third guy who's either said this or warned me directly. I am now very wary.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:19pm:

Yeah sure, girly keep trying to sell that.

IP Logged

crazytiger
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
I just came back to the game about a month ago and I have to see I would have left already if not for the recent exploits they make the game more fun

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #41 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:23pm:
Imagine if items weren't hard to acquire, and getting xp wasnt off destiny shitfests for days. no one would need to grind exploited xp, no one would want to waste time duping items. people would spend time playing with others for fun, instead of endlessly grinding their own unreachable goals.

The reality of MMOs is they paid keen attention to Pavlov's Dog. We respond to conditioning. It's not entirely doom and gloom. There are actual reward chemicals going off in our brains for each ing. we harvest. It's just ... science has taught Turbine and Blizzard and whoever made Farmville exactly how to pwn our asses.

And if they don't ... they go out of business.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:31am
Print Post  

Me clicking on a button is just that and I categorically reject any implication of contract.  In fact, if you want to get technical, most programs would be easy to hack to bypass the agree button.

IP Logged

crazytiger
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:19am
Print Post  
the reason why people exploit is because ddo doesnt give store items a chance to drop in quests etc at a reasonable rate, as wel as the crazy grindyness of items.  Greensteel should be lowered mats by now as its out of date and not many people run shroud anymore but nope still the same amount which makes this difficult for new players.  then we have new thunerforged which has a rediculous amount of grind to get 3rd tier for just 1 weapon, what if you dual wield? thats about 80 raids you have to run which is absurd.  Thats just for one character!

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #44 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:48am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:31am:
Me clicking on a button is just that and I categorically reject any implication of contract.  In fact, if you want to get technical, most programs would be easy to hack to bypass the agree button.

The thing is Atomic - not many do read the EULA.
I don't for MMO's.  Couldn't care less what it says, unless it relates to releasing my personal details for marketing purposes to other orgns.

The only purpose the EULA serves is a gateway to the game, that protects Turbine's rights.
If you're playing the game, then you are assumed to have accepted the EULA, whether you bypassed the accept button or not.
I have seen many pointless legal arguments about the enforceability of the EULA and players rights.

The default starting position should be you have no rights if Turbine decide that don't want you to play.
To challenge that, you need to take on WB in court - over a game?  C'mon.
So whatever they put in the EULA is just legal fluff to cover their bases - it doesn't give us the player any rights in practice.

Any talks of contracts and contractual obligations is just hot air.  I don't see the relevance of that discussion.
Saying "I don't have to respect the game's rules because I refuse to acknowledge the EULA" is pointless?
Turbined says "Banned!" what's your next move?

They either permit you to play the game or not.
You have some right to challenge decisions for sure.  But if they Permaban you, it's time to start again on another account or find another MMO.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #45 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:58am
Print Post  
crazytiger wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:19am:
the reason why people exploit is because ddo doesnt give store items a chance to drop in quests etc at a reasonable rate, as wel as the crazy grindyness of items.  Greensteel should be lowered mats by now as its out of date and not many people run shroud anymore but nope still the same amount which makes this difficult for new players.  then we have new thunerforged which has a rediculous amount of grind to get 3rd tier for just 1 weapon, what if you dual wield? thats about 80 raids you have to run which is absurd.  Thats just for one character!

Crazy - you're right in that they have the calibration of the grind wrong.
Every game has grind - it's a psychological hook they use to keep you paying and playing (hopefully).
But I agree, Shroud is now past history and should be relaxed somewhat.  In it's heyday, it was successful because it was calibrated well.
Now there are fewer shrouds and fewer people interested - so the drop rates should be tweaked.

Thunder forged they have just gotten wrong.  Their idea was to make the new endgame last for a long time.
But as you point out, the phlogiston drop rates was cocked up, and the fixed version isn't much better.
A classic case of Turbine not listening properly.

They need to string out the U21 content as much as possible until they can release more content.  But rather than a carrot on the end of a stick, they put the carrot top on the end of a 200ft crane boom.  So far away that most just say "fuck it" or cheat.

I have most of the ingredients except the phlogistons and I can't be bothered even trying for a T3.  The raids aren't exactly fun (for me) after the first few times.
But I don't mind the Thunderholme area and HH quests for some repeatability.

The horse has already bolted for Turbine - most of the mats have been duped to buggery - the only thing holding back a flood of T3 items will be the phlogistons - so don't expect them to relax the drop rate any time soon.  Sad

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 3:59am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Proudexploiter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:01am
Print Post  
I exploit because it makes the game more fun for me. The best exploit (imo) was duping the bag items. Now i can make any item I wouldnt make before just to try it. I never used the xp exploit, because I havent seen the reason to do it. I play mainly one char, I tr often and play different builds. With the change of xp curve, I dont feel the game grindy as it used tobe. But honestly to say, I came to this point after a few years of plasing it.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:02am by Proudexploiter »  

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #47 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:19am
Print Post  
Seems they banned a bunch of ppl that used the saga exploit^^ wonder what will happen to those? toon back to 1st life, level 1, human? xD it's pretty sad^^

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #48 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
for me it is very hard not to exploit when I know an exploit. It is like a sickness.

Can I sue Turbine for discrimination against people with a disability?

Anyway...i don´t even have time to exploit....   Undecided

Damn! You always make focking good points! Shocked

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 5:02am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Apr 25th, 2014 at 1:31am:

1. I am pretty damn sure that you havent bypassed the agree button.

2. Even if you somehow did, as Drop said, turbine expects that you did not. You can take it to the court /lol/ and loose miserably there with Warner Bros.

3. I dont agree with GE Money bank that I have to pay my loan to them. I actually CATEGORICALLY reject any implications of having a contract with them by agreeing to their condicions! Lets see how that one will work out for me :-D Or well, lets not. DDO is the same deal - it just doesnt matter that much, since as long as you dont data mine them, the only penalization they can force upon you is in game and thus not affecting your real life.

4. Stop being a little butthurt bitch. You KNOW that exploiting is punishable, if caught. So either dont exploit and be safe, or exploit, profit and hope that you dont get hit. But when you do, take it as a man, not as a crying bitch that will cry its not their fault. It is.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 5:03am by Vic »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint