Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 15pally/3ranger/2monk twf (Read 3828 times)
Wipe
VoD Slasher

15pally/3ranger/2monk twf
Jun 21st, 2014 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Hey, so ameliorating strike based barbarian turned to be pretty much fail as "final build for some time", I want something else, possibly to get last pally life + capped toon to play ( maybe for a month, maybe a year ).

Anyway, human 15 str,14 dex,16 con,10 int,8 wis ,16 char ( 4 tomes all, 5 char )
PA
Cleave
Great Cleave
twf ( from Ranger )
itwf
gtwf
IC blunt
point blank
Manyshot
Emp heal
Quicken
Dodge
Mobility ( or maybe imp crit Ranged, without IPS i feel I would get more use from better dodge  + MDB in Tempest maybe )
OC
Ptwf
Blind speed

Mornhs ( Mornh + TF at cap ) in LD mostly.
What you think ? Could awesome self healing ( got 2 past lives pally + human+ Kotc ), 36 Doublestrike ( 9 martial+12 belt+5 ptwf+10 Zeal ) and power of Mornhs in LD make up for shitty pally tree ? Maybe even can fit some weak ish stance, don't know yet.

Or maybe ideas for fleshy, even thf ? Possibly no ranger ( I have glorious Tempest already ) and don't give a fuck about BF anymore. Gear/ raid gear is no issue, just kinda running out of new ideas.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Re: 15pally/3ranger/2monk twf
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 21st, 2014 at 12:58pm:
Hey, so ameliorating strike based barbarian turned to be pretty much fail as "final build for some time"

This is why I don't use MaddMatt builds.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 3:50am
Print Post  
There is 2 ways to keep 100% off hand strikes and a pally icon. First is your split. The second is 5+ monk in wind stance with Meditation of War.  But that requires the toon to be centered with its weapons. 

You can do without quicken if you have enough displace clickies, and/or Lore item. If you wanted more hp trade Manyshot line for epic toughness line. Blinding Speed can be replaced with Goatskin or Collar. You lose 1 dodge, 1 to saves, and 2% speed. Not sure why turbine didn't make them haste items in the first place. Maybe Force of Personality if your will saves need a boost.

4 dodge from monk
3 from ninja spy
3 from tempest
3 from dodge feat
2 from mobility
10 item.
= 25

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Cheers.
I really love the Mornhs in LD so no way for centered without 8 fighter, that defeats the purpose of godly self healing.
Quicken non negotiable, I play my Tempest every day, it's a must. That's with 21 dodge, 70 saves and ~ 40 mins of Displace.
I guess I could ditch the Speed, I wanna kinda have eTorc permanently. We did Shadow after a little break, it was really shitty 90 mins completion, I must drank like 15 card pots on a Ranger. Wanna try Torc viability once again for the heck of it.
Manyshot is a must too.

Heh I guess not much to change, noone play pallies anymore ( I mean like normal toons, not some stupid tank ).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 9:23pm:
Quicken non negotiable, I play my Tempest every day, it's a must. That's with 21 dodge, 70 saves and ~ 40 mins of Displace.

I havent taken quicken on my human melees in many, many lives. I dont need it, at all. I jump back if i have to cocoon anyway. Quicken doesnt help with the small 150 hp buffer. Once you get hit again, the cocoon healing tick stops anyhow. Jumping back is needed with or without quicken.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Then you are much better / cautious player than me and good folks I sometimes play with like Bigjunk or Eth ( and Eth is a fucking Korean crazy good, I'll tell you that lol ).
I would be dead in EE raids or higher levels quests without it.

I play a bit reckless I admit though.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 12:55pm:
Then you are much better / cautious player than me and good folks I sometimes play with like Bigjunk or Eth ( and Eth is a fucking Korean crazy good, I'll tell you that lol ).
I would be dead in EE raids or higher levels quests without it.

I play a bit reckless I admit though.

Im not saying im better. Watched Eths vids he's beast. I just learned I didnt want quicken unless I had a very good spell for it like heal. I dont even take it on my Cetus because SLA cannot be interrupted.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Are people finally learning quicken isnt that great when you have a minute amount of skill?

About fucking time.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
I dont know, quicken depends on sources of healing and spells you have.
IF its only cocoon fk it skip on it.
IF its marks cocoon or some random slas n spells, then its quite nice to have.
At least i like BEING in melle while selfhealing and killing stuff, no matter the content.
I totaly hate jumping back and forth like a tard.
But i am playing a druid melle now that actually does some serious dps compared to cetus-es build, and that can soak up more damage considering im sitting at 80-100ish prr depending on quest.
Quicken on a only cocoon build? Waste of feat.
Cocoon on a build with multiple heals? Really good

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
You can try getting Crucible boots for Mobility. Since you only want the 2 dodge and cap. This way you keep Speed feat. And get Mobility benefits. Quicken does get a lot better with CSW and CCW. Torc for your neck slot. With a Con-Op item, and possibly Magical Training to replace Mobility.
It's for Echoes of Power, 5% crit, 80 sp.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Quicken = wasted feat

I don't care what your argument is. I solo healed every raid with a FVS without it, because it is a waste. Build your toon efficiently and you wont have to give a valuable feat on a starved class.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Cmon man, timing mass heals and standing back in Dragon or Tod in 2010 is different than meleeing+self healing today.

I have those boots rotting in a bank since epic GH, not a bad idea. Magical training is really cheap in AA tree, I might get Stun Blow after all ( it's such a bitch to have stupid Combat Mastery Dun Robar and 10 str somewhere on all the time ) or IC ranged.
I have nice 10 str/50 hp belt from Cetus life, there's Battlerager's Belt now though, so boots/belt for 10 str kinda sucks.
We really need better augments.

I will see maybe in 2 - 3 weeks to cap again.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 3:48am
Print Post  
My FVS was melee dps, and I had no problem solo healing that stupid lolth raid and bringing meaningful dps - all without quicken. The two new raids, well you dont even need a healer for them so they speak for themselves. There is no raid in this game you need quicken for, shockingly, not even on EE.

If you were a healer and stood in the back healing before epic levels came out, that speaks largely of your lack of skill in the game and explains much on your need for worthless "I only heal" builds. The game has not changed raid wise. You have hardly needed a healer since shroud came out.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
I think Alaska has frozen your brainsticles so you only can talk shit now Epoch.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #14 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
melee fvs healer w/o quicken in EE raids??????????????/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #15 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
I think lot of you forget how fucking gimp lolth is when it comes to attacking. Pro tip, you have enough time to cast a cure mass spell. Another pro tip, standing there spamming mass heal is the exact opposite of efficient.

Another pro tip, playing like a bitch, makes you a bitch.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #16 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Epoch sorry dude.
But quicken on  a melle fsoul is not a waste of feat if you solo ee content.
IF you are in group and such maybe it is, but not every single person has time or will to group with other people.
Try to understand, its a valuable feat for high end ee solo players or shortman players.
Maybe it isnt valuable if you enjoy being in a full raid and pike your way to completition but when you are solo, and all aggro is focused on you, you concentration check just wont cut it in ee, you will fail, fail alot, fail miserably, and die, die offten, die fast, die miserably.
You can do it with concentration and scrolls alone, but you need to have a considerably high mitigation in build mechanics and saves.
I mean not trying to disrespect you or anything, but on  a multi heal option melle in current ee content quicken is good
Not a must have, but it is a feat that isnt useless nor bad nor anything.
If you can spare feats for it, it will help in surival.
Since a failed check when a horns giant hits you for 500 damage could mean death.
And in breaking the ranks you fight hella lot of those
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2014 at 2:07pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #17 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 2:01pm:
you need to have a considerably high mitigation in build mechanics and saves.

If you solo, you should have this anyways. This, really, should be on any build that is worth using.

all aggro is focused on you, you concentration check just wont cut it in ee, you will fail, fail alot, fail miserably, and die, die offten, die fast, die miserably.

Blade Barrier. Any divine should be auto specced for this amazing spell. Not doing so and you should go back to a fucking pally.

being in a full raid and pike

Piking is for bitches, unless it is a stupid ass event like Mabar.

it will help in surival.

I never said it wouldn't help, I just said it is not a need.

Try to understand, its a valuable feat for high end ee solo players or shortman players.

Soloing EE quests is different then grouping in raids and quests. Two different ball games. For shortmanning quests, it would depend on how short - 2man, 3man? EE sure I can buy that. 4? Yeah, now you are stretching it. I used to solo farm EE all the time with quicken, or small groups until doing so became entirely pointless - like it is today. This thread though, has no plan or real seeming interest in high end solo play on EE. For the topic of discussion here, it is entirely pointless and a waste of a feat. I used my fvs as an example as to why.
When the thread starter wants to start making his build viable for that - we can start talking about different types of builds and needed versatility.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #18 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 5:22am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 5:22pm:
Are people finally learning quicken isnt that great when you have a minute amount of skill?About fucking time.

Next thing they'll realize that they don't need obnoxiuosly high saves or evasion. Imgine that.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #19 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Oh if its not focused for ee, then yea dont need quicken, concentration can cut it and you wont get that much damage to need emergency heals anyways.
Lay from palie can totaly cut it with some cures since its a 15 split, can get both zeal and cure.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #20 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 5:22am:
Next thing they'll realize that they don't need obnoxiuosly high saves or evasion. Imgine that.

You can hope, but I won't hold my breath waiting.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #21 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 5:36am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 5:22am:

With mrr being added soon to ddo, honestly even this might be turned upside down, and speaking of that, whilest playing a fleshie sorc i never felt any need ever for any kind of saves or evasion /since you know cc n such
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2014 at 5:38am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint