Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 18 sorc 2 fvs (Read 5967 times)
Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

18 sorc 2 fvs
Sep 15th, 2014 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Hey, i'm working with this build https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425269-The-Scorcher-(WF-18-Sorc-2-Fvs-...

What improvments you guys think i could do to make it better?
I've noticed a small mistake at the op too. No need to take the -5% spell failure from warforged tree cos you get that from the eldrich knight core ability. Also no need to pick protection from evil spell as sorc cos you can take that as fvs spell.
What else?

IP Logged

Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Re: 18 sorc 2 fvs
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
He didn't abuse double-Maximize reduction from AV and Sorc. Currently they stack, together with Meridian Fragment making your Maximize feat cost +1sp (25-9-9-6). Nice for non-SLA spells to always be maximized.

And about PFE... there's not much to take at level 1 anyway (maybe Merfolk), what would you take instead? Don't forget, FVS version will only have caster level 2, so shitty duration, better grab something like CLW, Summon (for buttons and trap triggers, if it works) or Command if you have a good Enchantment DC (still useful for Heroic/EN/EH content even on Shiradi sorc).

I also wouldn't bother with Meteor Shower and replace it with PWK. It would be ok if you boosted your Evocation DC, but most mobs just evade it or at least save at 1/2. PWK doesn't need any DC (apart from Spellpen check, but that's only for squishy drow that die anyway).

edit: BTW, there's not much of a benefit for a Shiradi caster in the 17-18 Sorc levels, so you can replace them with Rogue 2 and get decent trapskills/UMD on top of Evasion. That is, if you're 36pt for increased INT. 16/2/2 works fine, you trade some high level spell slots for increased survivability.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2014 at 1:04pm by Oyster »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
I haven't posted my build yet because it's still too squishy, but I have one that abuses Scorching ray also (12 FvS, 5 Wiz, 3 Monk, for 35SP Max/Emp/Quickened BB's, and 18 Pt SR's).

I do not understand why in all the write ups I see for casters that people don't abuse SR. Its amazing, even for shiradi. Unlike MM, it actually does damage itself. Also, you only need 11 Caster levels to max it our completely. In my case, I use Abishai set and AoV T5 for 3+3+5Wiz levels = 11. I run in EA for DC's and the juicy light SLA's.

Anyway this is a nice build and I had NO idea that immolation used Fire SP for damage, that makes it a lot more attractive.

Agreed on Fire Savant SLA's being useless.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2014 at 2:38pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
also, really nice jazz on the motherforums about shooting rays around corners. pro tip!

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Nice info there, ty guys. I didn't know that angel of vengance maximize reduction stucks with the one from sorc.

I know that 18 sorc lvls may not be that good for a shiradi build but i am not entirely sure i'm going for shiradi only as i want to test this build in draconic too when i cap it (am at lvl 12 now). This build in draconic should have a crapton of fire spell power and i also love dragon breath..

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Oyster wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 12:58pm:
He didn't abuse double-Maximize reduction from AV and Sorc. Currently they stack, together with Meridian Fragment making your Maximize feat cost +1sp (25-9-9-6). Nice for non-SLA spells to always be maximized.

No, only wiz/FvS stack, not Sorc/FvS.  It's just something that turbine is too lazy to fix, as no other class combination besides wiz/FvS stacks for double maximize. 

Here's my fire savant-shiradi build 15 sorc/3 monk/2 FvS. 
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/447048-Epic-Completionist-Shiradi-Sorc...

Currently, I don't think higher level spells are worth the loss of a deeper splash, because ruin and hellball make up for them. 

For U23, plans are to go 18 sorc/2 FvS in heavy armor.  In U23, higher level spells will be a big bonus in new content and defense should be about the same with armor changes and gear power creep. 
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2014 at 6:10pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 6:08pm:
No, only wiz/FvS stack, not Sorc/FvS.  It's just something that turbine is too lazy to fix, as no other class combination besides wiz/FvS stacks for double maximize. 

Here's my fire savant-shiradi build 15 sorc/3 monk/2 FvS. 
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/447048-Epic-Completionist-Shiradi-Sorc...

Currently, I don't think higher level spells are worth the loss of a deeper splash, because ruin and hellball make up for them. 

For U23, plans are to go 18 sorc/2 FvS in heavy armor.  In U23, higher level spells will be a big bonus in new content and defense should be about the same with armor changes and gear power creep. 

For a 18sorc 2 fvs warforged in "heavy armor" i should pick adamantine body feat, right? So what feat should i ditch for that?

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 2:53am
Print Post  
I tend to drop toughness before anything else.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2014 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
My build:

Feats:
Maximize
Empower
Toughness
Mental toughness
Improved mental toughness
Quicken
Adamantine body

Enchantments:
Same as scorcher build only you sacrifice the last tier of warforged toughness to max warforged arcane spell failure reduction. Also you must use a Sapphire of spell agility 15.
You can slot that on flawless blue/shadowscale docent.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2014 at 1:17pm by Jon Van Caneghem »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint