Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Paladin (Read 19292 times)
Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Paladin
Oct 19th, 2014 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
I have a 8/2 Pal monk I'm going to fire up.  I can LR the monk out.  Curious as to what good builds are these days.  I read you can face roll with pure paladin with sword/board; I'd prefer pure paladin if possible.  Thoughts, ideas?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Paladin
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
I've got a Human Pure Paladin with a 182 AC, 269 PRR, and 159 MRR. He's S&B with the Purple Dragon Tower Shield but he's not a Vanguard type. He's always in Sacred Defender stance (1320 HPs) and Legendary Dreadnaught for his Epic Destiny.

Does a fair amount of damage, even more when Divine Might is active but not the best DPS by any stretch.

He is the most survivable character I have though. Thinking about switch to Bladeforged but I probably won't because of all the healing amp he's got. He gets 5-7 HPs back on every swing of his Nightmare the Fallen Moon.
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2014 at 4:53pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to work out if Bastard Sword + Shield benefits from the two handed fighting stance bonus.
Edited:
ie. the combat style bonus that grants +10 melee power

If so, I'm liking the look of S&B 18pally/2 fighter Vanguard.

I'll go t5 in Kotc for neg level immunity, last I checked Stalwart armor/shield mastery Sacred armor/shield mastery stacked, it should be possible to pick up about 12dodge, and + 10% style bonus to attack speed.

« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:29am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 9:49pm:
I'm trying to work out if Bastard Sword + Shield benefits from the two handed fighting stance bonus.

If so, I'm liking the look of S&B 18pally/2 fighter Vanguard.

I'll go t5 in Kotc for neg level immunity, last I checked Stalwart armor/shield mastery Sacred armor/shield mastery stacked, it should be possible to pick up about 12dodge, and + 10% style bonus to attack speed.

Post back if it works.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 11:17pm:
Post back if it works.

I'm not likely to log in to until after March.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 12:01am
Print Post  
I am running 4th Divine life on my pure human Vanguard.
230 prr and 82 Bash at lvl 21, something like 95 bash at cap.
100+ Stun should be possible with pimped Strength and whatnot.

That 5% ~ 75 autobash procs a LOT, I think that and 5% double strike is very much worth going pure.
Stuns Undead, stuns constructs.

I love it.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 12:01am:
That 5% ~ 75 autobash procs a LOT, I think that and 5% double strike is very much worth going pure.

Imo, it's not if the 2hf fighting feats & stance bonus works with bastard swords.

Pure 20 Paladin Feats :
1 Human = Power attack
7 Heroic = Shield Mastery, ISM, Shield Bash, Exotic B.Sword, I Crit, Stunning Blow, Tower Shield Prof.
3 Epic = Ocrit, Empower Heal, Blinding Speed

18/2 gets Tower shields free (ie. +3 feats vs above) (as an aside, Leviks was surprisingly good when I was testing on Lam, it was fun making use of such an old and iconic item):
1 Human: Power Attack
7 Heroic: Shield Mastery, ISM, Shield Bash, Exotic B.Sword, I Crit, 2hf, Empower Heal.
2 fighter: i2hf, gthf
3 epic: Ocrit, Stunning Blow, Blinding Speed.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2014 at 12:29am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:05am
Print Post  
I think it does work, except melee power.
If you watched Zerkul's Tor video, he has gthf on Vanguard so I suppose it does work.
Even then, would extra glances and extra Kotc and effects damage on glances be better than 5% Doublestrike ?

I have Precision and Tactician- speed is on Innocent boots.
Madstone Aegis can save proficiency feat on pure too, I like eBulwark at 20 and Bastion or Pdk shield though.

If it wasn't for the passive Stun I wouldn't like it that much I suppose, tried one life Kotc with khops so would get back to that.
Pally is uber no matter what you do to be honest. The tankiness with Kotc + stance or Vanguard + stance is amazing, 5 levels underlevel EE sagas, stuff like that.

Glad such topic started, I wanted to post one but it's so uber that don't really need much advice Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:09am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:25am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:05am:
I think it does work, except melee power

The 2HF +10 Melee power bonus is what I'm uncertain of with bastard swords + s&b. If the +10 melee power is applied I think splashing fighter to fit it & extra actionboosts in may well be worth more than the Vanguard or KOTC capstones.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:31am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:16am
Print Post  
I forgot my lvl 15 mule has both shield mastery and first rank of thf - MP doesn't stack.
Only found this thread.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/449323-Improved-Shield-Mastery-and-Gre...

IP Logged

Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:25am:
The 2HF +10 Melee power bonus is what I'm uncertain of with bastard swords + s&b. If the +10 melee power is applied I think splashing fighter to fit it & extra actionboosts in may well be worth more than the Vanguard or KOTC capstones.

Fuck it! I will try it for you, haven't been able to get interested enough to log on and this makes me curious! if it works I can post a ton of videos and bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch ala Cetus  Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 2:16am:
I forgot my lvl 15 mule has both shield mastery and first rank of thf - MP doesn't stack.
Only found this thread.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/449323-Improved-Shield-Mastery-and-Gre...

Note to self read whole thread before posting answer to earlier post.....

Oh who am I kidding?  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 3:01am
Print Post  
I love it.

Wow, someone is loving a S&B build, that is some kind of win right there.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 12:24am:
Imo, it's not if the 2hf fighting feats & stance bonus works with bastard swords.

Pure 20 Paladin Feats :
1 Human = Power attack
7 Heroic = Shield Mastery, ISM, Shield Bash, Exotic B.Sword, I Crit, Stunning Blow, Tower Shield Prof.
3 Epic = Ocrit, Empower Heal, Blinding Speed

18/2 gets Tower shields free (ie. +3 feats vs above) (as an aside, Leviks was surprisingly good when I was testing on Lam, it was fun making use of such an old and iconic item):
1 Human: Power Attack
7 Heroic: Shield Mastery, ISM, Shield Bash, Exotic B.Sword, I Crit, 2hf, Empower Heal.
2 fighter: i2hf, gthf
3 epic: Ocrit, Stunning Blow, Blinding Speed.

Tower shield prof is not needed, fot shield has it, for rest there is master touch.
Blinding speed is pretty much useless too, because E boots of the innocent.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #14 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
I am running 4th Divine life on my pure human Vanguard.
230 prr and 82 Bash at lvl 21, something like 95 bash at cap.
100+ Stun should be possible with pimped Strength and whatnot.

Stuns Undead, stuns constructs.

I love it.

Screenie of enh breakdown please? I fudged my PDK 2/18 and only have 165/80 prr/mrr and want moar! Using Talon and Twinblade/Oathblade so far.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #15 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Hmm not much to fudge enhancements wise.
And there is prr from Blitz, heroic WGU ring, more past lives, Harbored By light tier 5 in Defender.
Or even twisted 20 prr with Combat Expertise but that's kinda waste - Precision is better and anything over 200+ is good enough.

bash by

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Dude those saves.... Go charisma based, activate DM hit 50 Str anyway with mid 40 charisma. YW

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #17 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 6:48am
Print Post  
I was just wondering, what's the usual STR top pallies run around with (buffs n all)?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 6:55am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 6:48am:
I was just wondering, what's the usual STR top pallies run around with (buffs n all)?

Both my pally builds are charisma based. 46~ on each. Str in low 50s w/o tenser, house d pot, or yugo pot. That extra 10 points on str isnt going to make much of a difference killing mobs, and getting saves higher has more impact.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #19 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 6:43am:
Dude those saves.... Go charisma based, activate DM hit 50 Str anyway with mid 40 charisma. YW

Yeah I know, I am actually going back and forth between charisma and strength.  She has only 4 tome and only 8 charisma item and just 7 saves from 3bc gloves I think in the pic. No Good Luck either. Just wanted to try close to full retard tactics at level this time.
But to be honest I don't feel the need for more saves. Levelling, that is.
I swear I didn't die once in quest since u 23 ( and exclusively EE sagas , underlevel or not ), except Gop and Mod. 
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2014 at 7:06am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 7:04am:
Yeah I know, I am actually going back and forth between charisma and strength.  She has only 4 tome and only 8 charisma item and just 7 saves from 3bc gloves I think in the pic. No Good Luck either. Just wanted to try close to full retard tactics at level this time.
But to be honest I don't feel the need for more saves. Levelling, that is.
I swear I didn't die once in quest since u 23 ( and exclusively EE sagas , underlevel or not ), except Gop and Mod. 

Yeah, dying on new heavy armored builds is kinda hard now. Even melee unfriendly bosses like Thrill of the Hunt, or maralith room in PoP were noticeably easier on hvy armored pally. Which is to be expected when damage reduction is 66% or higher.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #21 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 7:44am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 6:48am:

I'm hitting about 76 str reliably with tensors and DM.

My Charisma hits about 50 when fully buffed.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #22 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Glad such topic started, I wanted to post one but it's so uber that don't really need much advice Smiley

But . . . the retard fanbois on the forum told me fighters are just fine . . . are they lying?  Smiley

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #23 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Glad such topic started, I wanted to post one but it's so uber that don't really need much advice

You've no idea the level of stupid I can attain when starting building a character. 

If not for folks like Junk, Munk & Cow I'd have quit trying long ago.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 22nd, 2014 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 7:44am:
I'm hitting about 76 str reliably with tensors and DM.

My Charisma hits about 50 when fully buffed.

hax!! breakdown plox?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint