Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dead Disciple (Read 3384 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Dead Disciple
Nov 2nd, 2014 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Long story short, I am not familiar enough with the Cleric enhancement tree. Therefore, Divine Disciple (dark) looks very tempting to mix with Pale Master. Its PM SLAs are better than PM's SLAs (metamagic works with them).

My question is: Am I wrong? Is this basically a punk-out from Turbine? If I try to mix Cleric and Wiz for PM, will I be

A) wasting my time?
B) missing some obvious thread in which this has already been discussed in detail?
C) Doing valuable, but likely futile research?

I left out D) better off choning. Though I will admit that is probably the only build I can truly master.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Re: Dead Disciple
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 5:36am
Print Post  
EMO Cleric

17 Cleric
3 Wizard(Zombie)

Harm yourself all you want.  Tell people how much you like to harm yourself.  Hang out with other Pale Masters and Harm each other.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 5:42am
Print Post  
So it isn't necessarily how workable the build is, but instead the kind of players it attracts, that makes this build unplayable?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 7:20am
Print Post  
I think your greatly over estimating how good the cleric SLA's are. If you're looking for an sla based wiz, shiradi archmage builds will be much more effective.

Pm's are best served as dc casters, baring in mind it takes 18 wiz levels for litch (+4 int with pm tier 5)  2 cleric is abysmal compared to the pm capstone.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 7:20am:
I think your greatly over estimating how good the cleric SLA's are. If you're looking for an sla based wiz, shiradi archmage builds will be much more effective.

Pm's are best served as dc casters, baring in mind it takes 18 wiz levels for litch (+4 int with pm tier 5)  2 cleric is abysmal compared to the pm capstone.

True. I knew I was looking at figuring out something unorthodox, if anything was going to work at all. Mainly I just like the idea of a Neg Burst sla. Probably too much Tongue

Once I decided the build would probably have to go melee, I thought 31 AP down for EK. Which made me sour on the idea. There just don't seem to be enough AP to make the concept work. 12 more AP into Harper, and still 0 AP have been spent on either DD or PM. Lol.

If I mostly dump INT and WIS to avoid Harper, then more or less I'm just trying to make a paladin who farts dark clouds, aren't I?

So the last idea is to ask if there is a possible upside from a Cleric POV. What is gained if your cleric is a vampire?

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
You'd be better served with FvS instead of cleric.  12 FvS/6 wiz/2 X is one of the most popular splits at the moment.  A pale master variant should work well, especially in current metagame.  I'd consider 13 FvS/7 wizard in heavy armor.  Teth is playing a 12 FvS/6 wiz/2 monk halfling PM now.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2014 at 5:08am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 5:30am:
Long story short, I am not familiar enough with the Cleric enhancement tree. Therefore, Divine Disciple (dark) looks very tempting to mix with Pale Master. Its PM SLAs are better than PM's SLAs (metamagic works with them).

My question is: Am I wrong? Is this basically a punk-out from Turbine? If I try to mix Cleric and Wiz for PM, will I be

A) wasting my time?
B) missing some obvious thread in which this has already been discussed in detail?
C) Doing valuable, but likely futile research?

I left out D) better off choning. Though I will admit that is probably the only build I can truly master.

Done it.

15-20 was god mode.

What you are missing is that it sucks in epics because there is no synergistic epic destiny.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 7:03am
Print Post  
I ran a 13 cleric/7 wizard vampire build back when the enhancement pass first came out. With the right metas, stats, gear, etc. You can do some pretty decent damage and CC in the form of Command and Greater command. I named my build the High Priest of Vol and if I ever get around to digging it back up I may have to post it.

All in all, you need to remember that your SLAs will be dependant on cleric levels. So if you want free neg burst I'd just say roll a pure wizzy and get someone to give you a few cards for SP pots.

If you want a cleric past life, a fun/interesting time, and a flavorful experience I'd say go with it.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Nov 26th, 2014 at 7:03am:
If you want a cleric past life, a fun/interesting time, and a flavorful experience I'd say go with it.

This.

With any of my builds, I just want to get them to the point where my medium to okay skills can keep them alive while I have fun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint