Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic PM Archer (Read 2658 times)
adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

PM Archer
Nov 24th, 2014 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
less than 5 levels from completionist Im looking at a life to stick in for a while.  I want the build to be self sufficient and able to solo EH stuff while half asleep and half drunk, and be useful and helpful in EE.  Im thinking that a Pale Master, archer might be what the doctor ordered.  I can farm out epic TR's in at least 3 of the tree's and still be decent if not 100% optimized.  So now I need to figure out how to do this.  I never made a monkcher or an archer period for that matter.  I have 2 ideas that appeal to me but I might be missing the point.

First
11 rng 7 wiz 2 monk  ranger gives me most of the important feats, I can ditch dex completely since i only have a +4 tome combat archery might be out of reach, and get GMoF easily enough.  Plus if i fit power attack somewhere Im pretty decent with a pair of handwraps.  Spend points in harper to get angles, as some ranged power/spell power and I feel like it would be solid.  Extend, max, Empower for casting feats

Second
11 rng 7 wiz 2 Fvs.  For this i can take heavy armor (asuming I can get the ASF down enough to where i can cast neg burst reliably) swap my int focus for cha, half elf pal dilly and longbow as impliment for some extra spellpower.  This feels setup seems a little more silly, more diverse and less EE capable just mulling it over in my mind.

Other than these builds, I guess I could go 7 ranger 7 wiz 6 monk elf dex build, but that feels less fun to me i dont know why.  Perhaps its because I dont understand how effective 10k stars is. 

Any advice/input would be appreciated.

*edit* just noticed AA turns bows into impliment so maybe pal instead of fvs would do the same trick.  Also noticed elf has an ASF enhancement so thats interesting.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2014 at 11:37pm by adolrak »  

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Re: PM Archer
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 9:01am
Print Post  
10k stars is a must for bow builds.  Just the way it is right now until we see how the ranged pass (if that ever happens) turns out. 

There is nothing wrong with the 12monk/6ranger/2pal-fvs.  Once they nerf charisma save bonus for paladin, there will be no reason to go paladin and should be 2fvs instead.  Very good at self healing and saves are high. 

For race, you can go halfling and get an additional healing source from marks if that is what you like.  Elf and helf have some bow damage bonuses too... Human is always good with an extra feat...

With the change in OC not requiring all those pre-req feats, it is fairly flexible build as compared to previous feat requirements.

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Is 10k stars required because of a better cooldown than manyshot?  Im struggling to see how to have a decent damage dealing stat, as well as a 50ish wis for 10k. 

Sorry if i seem like a complete noob, havent built an archer before.  I suppose I could go 7 Ranger 7 wiz 6 monk to include 10k stars and still keep to the PM idea, but I think I would need to go dex build at that point. 

Also I noticed that elf AA give out the capstone at level 25, seems like it should be an auto include but alot of ppl make halfing monkchers and such. Is the capstone not *that* good?

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Elf

10 str 18 dex 14 con 16 int 12 wis 8 cha

all level ups into dex
1 rng Point black
1 rng
3 monk zen archery, completionist
4 mnk precision
5 rng
6 rng adept of forms
7 rng
8 rng
9 rng Imp Crit range
10 wiz Extend
11 wiz
12 wiz master of forms
13 wiz
14 wiz maxemize
15 wiz empower
16 wiz
17 rng
18 rng G.master of forms
21 overwhelming
24 combat archery

Elf seems like it will be a solid archer, good ref saves and access to AA capstone.  If i swap monk for pal i free up at least 3 feats tho im not sure what i would spend them on, maybe wiz PL for one.  I can go heavy armor without a problem swap int to cha and be incredibly durable but lose a solid bit of dps.

If I go human i drop swap dex to str, ditch combat archery and precision for power attack, and imp critical blunt, be capable in handwraps or bow, and take insightful reflex for my human feat.  No AA capstone but more versatile and more AP to spend in harper tree.

3 choices, all with pros and cons. hmm up to level 18 gotta make up my mind pretty quickly

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Bows have a really shitty rate of fire. Fortunately there are 2 abilities in the game that improve this.

Whilst they share the same activation timer, they have separate cool downs. So it's possible to go:

10k Stars, Manyshot, 10k stars, 10k stars, Manyshot, 10k stars : repeat.
as opposed to
wait, manyshot, wait, wait, Manyshot, wait : repeat

That's why bow users essentially have to have monk levels.  Manyshot and Doubleshot do not compete with Manyshot / 10K stars.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

khyberkajiit
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 5:14am
Print Post  
Wait what?
Weren't many shot and 10k put on the same timer?
I doubt they changed it back...

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 5:38am
Print Post  
khyberkajiit wrote on Nov 26th, 2014 at 5:14am:
Wait what?
Weren't many shot and 10k put on the same timer?
I doubt they changed it back...

Read what I said and comprehend it.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Many shot has a long timer, 10k has a really short timer, so you use 10k, then many, then 10k twice, at which point Many is availalble again....you get to stay in one of them pretty much constantly

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Went 7 ranger 7 wiz 6 monk.  Its okay but i kinda have to run and hide if my hps get low and let death aura bring me back.  Havent tested it in MoD content yet which is where it should do better.

Kinda regret doing str build as 10k is only giving me about 3 attacks

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Hence the 2 lvls of paladin (or fvs/clr) to get divine might and why the 12m/6r/2p-fvs-clr build is so popular.  Str is a lot easier to boost compared with other stats and does not need to be maxed at creation.

IP Logged

adolrak
Korthos Resident

March of the Noobs!

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
I Rerolled and went 14 pal 6 monk.  Liking it so far but only level 25.  Its nice to be able to actually self heal and not have to hide from LoS while death aura ticks up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint