Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 20th Level Fighter Build questions (Read 2795 times)
Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

20th Level Fighter Build questions
Nov 29th, 2014 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Got bored with my BF THF 8FTR/6Monk/6Pally and want to TR to a pure HOrc Fighter.

Thinking of going TF Bastard Sword with all the SWF feats and the THF feats for the glancing blow damage. Prolly will have a TF Orb in the other hand.

The other option is to go with a TF Great Axe and the THF feats which will save me from having to get the SWF feats also.

I'm pretty sure I want to go the SWF route (seems rather obvious way to go as I'll have plenty of feats to do it) but I was curious as to what the TF Orb should look like?

Tier 3 seems obvious (Draconic Re-Invigoration) but what should Tier 1 and Tier 2 choices be?

Also, will I get the glancing blows with the Bastard Sword/Orb combo as long as I also take the THF feats?

If you have any additional suggestions regarding either path I've listed, I'm all ears.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2014 at 12:31am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Re: 20th Level Fighter Build questions
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2014 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Last I checked THF and SWF are mutually exclusive. I monkeyed with Fred trying to take glancing blow enhancements that require THF and then swap THF for SWF but it reset the enhancements. I think the only way to increase glancing blow effects in heroic without the THF feat is Tier 3 Acrobat and Battle Engineer.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2014 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Ok. If that's true, would it be better to go with a TF Khopesh? The base damage numbers are ever so slightly in favor of the bastard sword but the Khopesh's x3 crit modifier is tempting.

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2014 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Oh, and in regards to the TF Orb, I'll put Devotion 150 in Tier 1 and use Cocoon.

I've no idea what to put in Tier 2 though.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Not that I would play a pure fighter nowadays, but...

If I were compelled to, I would play a Throw Your Weight Around dwarf. Either THF with a great axe, or SWF with Dwarf axe+orb or TWF with heavy picks.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Stinky_Pinky
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Draconic Re-Invigoration is nice but isn't it a 2 min timer. Why not just switch get your boost back then switch again for dps?

I thought with update sword/orb lost the double strike bonuses, or are you doing it just for the attack speed? Tbh, I think 2hf would be the way to go. Twitch fighting with haste boost is tits. Taking mortal fear would be the best all around dps. T1 could be dps and just slot devotion, t2 should be fort bypass imo.

I wouldn't count on cocoon being your go to for heals. It's nice n all but being a in your face melee, those temp hp don't last very long. Being in crusader or at least twisting  consecrated grounds for healing would be best.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:10am
Print Post  
No reason to have an orb anymore as they are "fixing" shield mastery and imp shield mastery to not give bonuses for orbs. You may want to go deep into vanguard and go sword and board since the swf + orb build is done.  You may want to go 15 pal / 5 fighter for the holy sword + zeal deal...  or pure pally at that point if you have enough feats to do what you want.... which you should have.  Lots of healing, great PRR/MRR and decent dps.

I have to make the same decision with my pure pally and I am thinking to eTR then TR into another pure pally and go sword and board. Maybe go dwarf with d-axe....  Not sure about the enhancement points though...

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:10am:
No reason to have an orb anymore as they are "fixing" shield mastery and imp shield mastery to not give bonuses for orbs. You may want to go deep into vanguard and go sword and board since the swf + orb build is done.  You may want to go 15 pal / 5 fighter for the holy sword + zeal deal...  or pure pally at that point if you have enough feats to do what you want.... which you should have.  Lots of healing, great PRR/MRR and decent dps.

I have to make the same decision with my pure pally and I am thinking to eTR then TR into another pure pally and go sword and board. Maybe go dwarf with d-axe....  Not sure about the enhancement points though...

I already have a pally S&B toon.

IP Logged

Stinky_Pinky
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:10am:

He also said pure fighter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint