Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) c. crafted/challenge/drop twink items... which? (Read 35953 times)
Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

c. crafted/challenge/drop twink items... which?
Mar 31st, 2015 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Being a newcomer to DDO, and not having had the chance to utilize  dupes or hacks,  I am at the mercy of playing the game as is.

I have one main character, now in the mid epic levels who is also grinding (slowly) out cannith crafting and has had a lot of experience in cannith challenges (few mats in bank).  I grow bored and want to try others, so:

This is my question:

To those of you who run twink multiple toons around, can you list the items you have on hand to give to twinks in general and possibly a list of items given to caster / melee twinks separately from cannith crafting or easy to grind quest rewards?

That means, no greensteel (no support for me towards any kind of raiding), no TF, just cannith crafting and maybe cannith challenge gear.

I've seen a few posts here and there that say someone enchants this with that to level, but I've never seen a concise list in one spot of what items to go for, so for myself and others new to the game, I'd like to have one.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 4:26pm by Fail »  

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Re: cannith crafted/challenge twink items... which?
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
set of BtA rings with skills for trappers: +10 (ML5 with masterful), +13 (ML9)
(I also create some rings with social skills for partycrashers)
belt/ring of GFL ML7
superior stability armor / shield
evocation focus II item ML5
maladroit of everbright maul
good luck +2 trinket ML7

some +6 ability items, but I usually don't bother with BtA and either craft them anew or buy some on AH

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Cannith Crafted items, especially for the lower levels, are so easy to make that I often find myself tossing them at TR and remaking. You'll want Marks of House Cannith.

Personally, I mostly focus on weapons. A holy with no other enchantments and Masterful Craftsmanship is ML1 and good for quite a while.

I generally only bother with +skill and +stat items, and not until I can get to +4. +4 stat then +6. Skill items, whatever the highest I can use for a few levels. A +75% fortification item doesn't hurt, either(ML3 with masterful).

The early levels go by damn quick and you won't need much else. You can make all kinds of twink gear, but its a lot of work for something you might only use for a few hours.

I know you said not to mention it, but green steel is the ultimate twink, absurdly great items at low MLs. Some GS is good to 28. I don't know what you mean by "no support" all you need is the adventure pack. The flaggers can be soloed and the raid gets pugged all the damn time. I've literally never NOT been on a PUG shroud, with the possible exception of that time I tagged along with another guild on their raid night, and even then I joined a public LFM.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
I use Cannith Crafted Melee alacrity items (usually trinkets, you can craft on the first tier of Shroud shards then gloves when I can equip Voice of the Master); invulnerability armour (useful until ~lvl 8); fortification, resistance and protection items; and +6 stat items.  I don't bother with lower stat items, as they're easy to find on lootgen and it's not worth the bank space to keep them through TRs.  I have a bunch of metal-type weapons specifically crafted as DR beaters, but they seem much less important now that we have Deadly on lootgen.

Basically I use Cannith Crafting to fill slots with the same enchantment that I will have on better items later levels, to avoid gear planning headaches.  It was far more useful when guild slots were a thing, but most of the bonuses from them are the same type you get from ship buffs, so it's not really worth the time or money to hunt down Large Guild Slot items which no longer drop.

Cannith gear, I use Wind Bracers and Frozen Tunic.  Ring of the Stalker is pretty good as well after level 11.

Masterful Craftsmanship shards are about the most useful thing from Cannith Crafting, as you can lower the ML of Cannith Challenge gear with them, as well as getting ML1 melee alacrity, ML9 +6 stat, ML7 Resist 5 and ML5 heavy fort.

Other easy-to-get items:
-Voice of the Master (Delera's)- +5% xp, +1 luck to saves and hit trinket.  You can make a Master's Gift (colourless augment, ML 1, 5% xp bonus) from this and the cloak from threnal.
-Carnifex (Delera's)-  Best low-level weapon on 0 fort targets.  Even a caster is better off swinging one of these early on.
-Upgraded Ioun Stones - +6 stat at level 5, or spell absorbsion.  Don't wear the spell absorb one unless it's upgraded, as it doesn't recharge.
-Chronoscope gear - ML5 three or five piece set with clickies, spell power and stat bonuses.  Chrono isn't run as often as it used to be, but the heroic version is an easy solo for a level 14+.
-Giantcraft or Elfcraft armour - ML 10, 10 heroic relics each, and similar enchantments as blue or black dragonscale, but four levels earlier.  Comes in robe/light/med/heavy as needed.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Starkjade pretty much nailed it, but I'll toss my hat in the ring for what it's worth:

- Sharn Syndicate "Nicked" items. Pretty good stuff for ML:2
- Shan-to-Kor: Some good items that are no ML, like    Berserker Bracers, Gatewarden's Girdle, and the Shadow Star shuriken. Trapblast Goggles +4 Reflex no ML is gold.
- 3-Barrel Cove: Scoundrel's Items are all up-stepped damage dice + Anarchic and low ML. The Scorched Handwraps are great at their level, and the Greatsword is awesome for Necro I as a Wight-beater.
- Phiarlan Carnival: Utility Vest is a must have on all my trappers. Antique Greataxe is a passable substitute for Carnifex at the same ML, and becomes a "Go To" DR breaker when made Epic.
- Relic of a Sovereign Past: Nightforge items. Most are ML: 8 or so. All are adamantine, and most have slots now as well. Every one of my toons has a Nightforge Gorget (100% Fort + Yellow Slot) it's ML: 9, if memory serves. Warning: You'll need to run the optional to gather Adamantine ore, and I believe there's only 15 per instance. Best to solo, cuz sharing sucks.
- Lordsmarch Chain: The set items from Wrath of Sora Kell: Manya's Fists, Teraza's Sight, and Katra's Wit.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Named_item_sets

- Diplomatic Impunity: Katra's Wit Ring. Also the Medusa Shield and Wand of Blasting, if you're into it.
- Framework, from Lordsmarch first chain: Snakeskin Vest for trappers, some of my toons use it right up to Lvl 20. Hard to beat +10 Search and Spot Plus Poison Resist on one ML:8 slot. Teraza's Sight tiara drops in the "end" chests.
- Also from Lordsmarch: Blade of Fury Greatsword, can be upgraded in different flavours and will also "break down" into a pair of equally tasty short words for your Bard/ Ninja/ Assassin.
- Still with the Lordsmarch: Gorgon Armour/ Docent. +4 CON and Earthen Guard (casts Stoneskin on you sometimes when hit) Decent heavy-armour for ML:8 and a great docent for an Arty dog. Manya's Fist gauntlets drop in the end chest.
- Lastly with the Lordsmarch: Stonedust Wraps and Rocksplitter heavy Pick. Upgradeable similar to Blade of Fury, and with the Vampiric upgrade, can make your Monk nigh-unkillable. Rocksplitter is one of a precious few named Heavy Picks in DDO as well.

After this, you're in Green Steel Country, and that's been covered above. Wink

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Oooh, also, farm Tangleroot chain rewards for Visor of the Flesh Render Guards.  Get two or three of them per character.  It's a ML5 7-min Death Ward clicky.  Useful forever.

And the Silver Flame nugget upgrades, from each of the Necro I-III chains, can be very useful.  ML9 Deathblock necklace with 5 charges of death spell absorbtion with the second upgrade, ML11/10 charges for the third.  Makes beholders much less daunting as a swap-in.  You can have both the ML9 and ML11 version at the same time, but you'll have to upgrade them separately.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
cannith crafted:

planeforged plate armor of invulnerability w/ masterful craftsmanship (ML2)

bta goggles of secret door detection

bta ring of greater false life w/masterful (ML7?)

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Mar 31st, 2015 at 1:58pm:
bta goggles of secret door detection

Yes, and True Seeing later.

I keep forgetting that not everyone has Tharne's goggles anymore.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Mar 31st, 2015 at 2:07pm:
Yes, and True Seeing later.

I keep forgetting that not everyone has Tharne's goggles anymore.

upgraded teraza's sight works for True Seeing also.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Planeforged plate armour absolute min lvl 20 whatever..
decon it...
and its actually min lvl zero....fantastic
get master craftsmanship,

Craft whatever you like on it, alacrity, invulnerability- you are someting like ac 40  at lvl4..no need to actually give the armour a plus enhancement, its great without....

Get a planeforged armour with a blue slot in it, an decon it..put mc on it.. And alacrity, its stll min lvl 4 I think...And still about ac 27 Base

once you hit lvl 8 with the same armour you can slot hvy fort....

Currently running around on my pally at lvl 23 with :crafted +5 planeforged with alacrity, deathblock and hvy fort slotted....min lvl 20
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2015 at 3:47pm by merciless »  

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
+30 BTA, MC, belt of greater false life, ML: 7

+6 BTA Stat rings

Holy Burst of Greater Undead Bane

+6 CHA of Persuasion

+2 EVO, NECRO, ENCHANT  DC items, BTA

Phiarlan Mirror Cloak ML:3

Quiver of Alacrity + (special item) - can pass through the shared bank.. ML: 1

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Looks like I got some work to do.

I spent today flagging for shroud - it was kind of a long pain and I hope im not reading that crafting table right... do i have to run each of those flagging quests every time i want to make a greensteel item (parts for shavath signet stone, as it seems to be a part of every weapon craft)?

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Mar 31st, 2015 at 4:51pm:

I spent today flagging for shroud - it was kind of a long pain and I hope im not reading that crafting table right... do i have to run each of those flagging quests every time i want to make a greensteel item (parts for shavath signet stone, as it seems to be a part of every weapon craft)?

Well, you need to run the flagging quests for the stones, all 5 makes 1 signet stone, which is required for a blank.. unless you can find someone to craft a blank for you...

otherwise, you need to run the raid for mats + shards..

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #13 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
+6 stats at level 9
100% fort at level 7(?)
GFL at 7
the disjuncted plate armour people mentioned above.
holy of undead bane usually blunt for skelies
ML 15 elemental greataxe of fire at level 1 for thf (forget carnifex)
+6 cha of persuasion at 13
others have good ideas in here as well (some of which I duplicated)
GS items ftw, but if you don't have enough signet stones to make everything, i'd suggest a displacement clickie. the weapons are alright, but not as awesome as they used to be. if you still have them , by all means use them. but if you're making stuff fresh, fuhgedaboutit

and as far as large guild slots.. those are the same bonus types as the new guild buffs. if you are in a sufficiently high guild, since they don't stack, they are useless  Undecided

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #14 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
It's a pity you missed out on Crude Vials.

Regarding GS displacement clicky:
My favorite for all rounded use during TRs:
Cloak - T1 fire 10hp +dex skills.  T2 : Air +50sp +4 cha skills. T3 Smoke +100sp +6 int skills

A big thing to keep in mind is that Stat, rage and haste potions have no minimum level. House P buffs are also pretty nifty for their half hour duration.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2015 at 6:28pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #15 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Mar 31st, 2015 at 4:51pm:

Yes, unfortunately.
You get quicker at it though.

IP Logged

chuky
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
GS blanks aren't hard to get, probably some on plat auction house. They are not btc until u put T1 on them.

IP Logged

chuky
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
p.s. Its the shards u want to collect for a fully upgraded t3 gs item, u need 1 shard, 1 great shard, and 2 supreme shards.

IP Logged

Dzabe
Korthos Resident

Reply #18 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Also if possible ioun stones are cool too. +6 to your main stat at lvl 5, espec if you have Masters gift slotted somewhere.

Bleeding of screaming weapons with MC are ml1
Holy of undead bane maul/hammers are ml6
Maelstrom for low level content, Carnifex till SoS if THF
Buy red aug weapons and slot them with meteoric rubies for extra fun  Cheesy

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
When I keep hearing about having "clickies", I didnt know any referred to GS items.

I'm researching and I see that displacement is a big one, but people seem to  disagree as to what item its best placed on and if the length of the effect changes based on the base item/user levels.

Whats your thought on this guys?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #20 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 1:45pm:
'm researching and I see that displacement is a big one, but people seem to  disagree as to what item its best placed on and if the length of the effect changes based on the base item/user levels.

Clickies have absolutely nothing to do with player level (except for people with artificer levels).  An item with a clicky will display the caster level it is cast at.  The duration of the spell is directly related to that caster level.

The reasons artificers are an exception is their Wondrous Items ability.

The caster level of a GS item has nothing to do with what slot it's equipped on.  The reason you get different answers from all of us is because we've all built gear up over the years and different opinions.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #21 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Best way to figure out where to slot greensteel is get a good idea of the items you have/want from lvl 11+, then figure out which slot you can do without, combine, or put somewhere else.  It's generally going to be belt, cloak or goggles, as these seem to be the spots without much going for them during the levels at which GS is the most useful.

That's one of the main reasons greensteel is so loved, versatility.  (Power being the other one.)

Your GS clickies are going to be caster level 16, and their duration depends on the spell; for example, 16 minutes for Stoneskin on a Mineral II and 1:36 (I think) Haste on an Air II.

IP Logged

Fail
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Ok.
This thread is starting to make things a ton clearer.

I swear, the hardest part of getting into DDO was everyones (in game/ddo forums) expecting everyone else to know all this stuff and its just not something anyone would or could ever figure out if it wasnt for threads like this.

Thank you all again, and if anyone else has any gems, feel free to contribute - imho this post is worth its weight in plat already.
Grin

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #23 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
There are lots of good suggestions already, but here are some of my favorites for lower level crafters are (or at least were, haven't done much lately) that haven't been covered - add to the above lists not replace.

underwater action ring,

Blindness ward googles (of attack bonus, but I think some of the newer lootgen stuff is better),

a ghost touch of lesser undead bane (you can add "good" with a Flametouched Iron blank - often cheap on the AH or get into a Chronoscope raid and buy one from the vendor in the Rusty Nail).

Screaming of Bleed is a good weapon combo,

I always liked Viscious weapons for self healing or characters that solo with a hireling - it scales by party size with small parties doing 1-2 points to you but adding 2d6 to enemies with a crafting level of like 18.

Armor of Invulnerability is great up to level 12 or so

Stability is also a great armor effect for true neutral characters.

If you are failing will saves vs fear from Kobold Shamen, a Lionheart armor is also low level crafting score and very useful.

I think all of the above can be made after investing only a few hours in crafting (gets you to level 20-30 range).

When Crystal Cove comes around, if you have a trapper the treasurehunters spyglass is great, as is the Lesser Cunning Trinket (it adds 50 SP that stack with most other sources of SP) for anybody with a blue bar. You can put it on before a rest, buff, and swap it out for your adventuring trinket for "free buffs".

When Mabar or whatever is around I like the cloak of Shadows for the Ghostly.

Also, if you make a dedicated crafter, a human artificer is a great choice, Grind crafting levels as much as you can stand at first, then take DragonMark of Crafting and level the Artificer as high as you can. A level 20 human artificer with DragonMark of Crafting gets +20 crafting levels. Some people hate it, but I give my human arti crafters Construct essence and take the Automated Repairs Tier 3 enhancement and they get self healed by their dog! Great for farming lower level quests for ingredients.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #24 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Fail wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 7:09pm:
imho this post is worth its weight in plat already.

Yes. Worth its weight.
In plat.

I totally agree.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint