Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic warlock shiradi theorycraft (Read 4815 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

warlock shiradi theorycraft
May 20th, 2015 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
12 warlock/6 sorc/2 fvs

Assuming 20 warlock doesn't just supersede shiradi sorc spam (which it might), I think splashing heavily in warlock for crit damage will be the way to go. 

12 levels of warlock/tainted scholar for +20% crit damage. 
A few pointed in enlightened spirit for eldritch aura. 
6 levels of sorc for T5 air (sonic spellpower + wind dance).

Alternatively, 12 warlock/6 wiz/2 fvs for arcane supremacy and free maximize. 

Thoughts?

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: warlock shiradi theorycraft
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2015 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
At the stage where I think Warlock with either be gay retarded overpowered or just completely suck donkey balls and only good for 1st life noobs to learn the content.

I have been thinking about shriadilock - my suspicion is heavy armor dark shiradi builds will still far outclass them, and I have a hard time believing that warlock pewing will be worth loosing higher CL on the different magic missile spells.

Sonic focused warlock with sorcerer - unknown, not very impressed with sorcs right now much less something that kinda copies it.

I wonder if nerve venom could trigger on warlock aura and if it goes off fast enough to be worth it. I am pretty sure nerve venom does not go off on death auras (like 99.9% sure).

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2015 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Well not sure how it will be, but currently i see nice synergy with light spellpower focused warlock in case that light damage burst actually scaled correctly by spell power.
Shiradi, as usual can say it will be ok in case you can use force type aoe blasts.

To soon to say to be honest, but dc wise mass hold will rock on warlock, now just to figure out a way to abuse that 60% spell crit damage outside of helpless

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2015 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
AngryKobold wrote on May 20th, 2015 at 5:41pm:
I have been thinking about shriadilock - my suspicion is heavy armor dark shiradi builds will still far outclass them, and I have a hard time believing that warlock pewing will be worth loosing higher CL on the different magic missile spells.

3 pc abishai set :p

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2015 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 20th, 2015 at 7:31pm:
Well not sure how it will be, but currently i see nice synergy with light spellpower focused warlock in case that light damage burst actually scaled correctly by spell power.
Shiradi, as usual can say it will be ok in case you can use force type aoe blasts.

To soon to say to be honest, but dc wise mass hold will rock on warlock, now just to figure out a way to abuse that 60% spell crit damage outside of helpless

Get the fuck out of here you clueless wannabe, go suck-for-pity on the mobos.

Sorry to interrupt Atomic, that shitstain just cannot be taken seriously.

Please continue.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #5 - May 21st, 2015 at 5:29am
Print Post  
How about 15 warlock since it has wings alrdy at that level?

Could do 15 warlock 3 wizz 2 fsoul instead as you will pick fey anyways due to it being sonic based pact

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - May 21st, 2015 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 5:29am:
Could do 15 warlock 3 wizz 2 fsoul instead as you will pick fey anyways due to it being sonic based pact

Fey will likely have to target reflex saves, which could be a big issue vs mobs with evasion.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #7 - May 21st, 2015 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 5:55am:
Fey will likely have to target reflex saves, which could be a big issue vs mobs with evasion.

So it will be like runearm more or less, practically useless in higher tier ee.
Hmm another idea depends on how the aura thing will work.
IF its toggle and the spellpower for it being calculated at moment you turn it on, then 15 warlock 5 wiz might become also very interesting.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2015 at 5:16am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 5:29am:
How about 15 warlock since it has wings alrdy at that level?

You really need the arcane caster levels to max out magic missile and scorching ray.  I don't see how 3 wiz could work, unless you're going to rely on eldritch blast.  If that's the case, it seems like you'd be best off with 20 warlock?

I guess it really just depends how well eldritch blast scales, which is impossible to know at this point.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #9 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:23am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 5:16am:
You really need the arcane caster levels to max out magic missile and scorching ray.  I don't see how 3 wiz could work, unless you're going to rely on eldritch blast.  If that's the case, it seems like you'd be best off with 20 warlock?

I guess it really just depends how well eldritch blast scales, which is impossible to know at this point. 

Was more for crit chance and mm, but depends on what sev said, he said that blasts will be affected by spell alatricity, so in case aoe cone or the homhing like ones end up being cast /thrown/no idea how to say it faster with alatricity then regular spam, i dont see a need for casting at all.
He didnt answer if modifcating blasts to add light damage will proc empyrian, since that way you could entirely skip on scorching.

They seem that they will do more damage overall then mm /chain with scaling and if affected by spellpower n such, pure blast only might be the new shiradi /purely assuming this at this point wel see during this or next week when it hits lama
Again, to soon to say
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 9:27am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint