Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Holy! Holy sword Batman! (Read 10357 times)
Forest
Ex Member

Holy! Holy sword Batman!
May 28th, 2015 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/460743-Holy-Sword-and-Improved-critica...

Looks like someone on the vault just got their wish.  No it wasn't me, but glad to see someone is passing on the info to the unwashed masses.

Attention all fanboys, Damage stations! 
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2015 at 11:09pm by »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Holy! Holy sword Batman!
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2015 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Yawn.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2015 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
words. lots of words just to say again "are you going to nerf this?"

IP Logged

The Manager
Korthos Resident

I love tasty ass crakers!

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2015 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Take this...

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - May 29th, 2015 at 3:27am
Print Post  
oh, it will be nerfed... at some point...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #5 - May 29th, 2015 at 6:23am
Print Post  
A few posters on the MB got a few really good points tough.

Sev didn't knew holy sword added that kind of bonus. What the hell is he there for? (I know the answer but I don't want to get too offensive in his regards this time of the day)

Devs seems to press buttons at random and when something happens it always seems it was someone else who was coding. Turbine's strategy is to always blame others and fake innocence (nooooooo. Lag is not on our side....it's the player fault that is not using a nasa supercomputer)

When they were asking for feedback about palli and bards ench many people said what would have been OP and explained exactly why. Many other suckers simply replied "start buffin and if it's too much they will nerf". Maybe im expecting too much from those shit-whistlers but good argued and reasoned points were made in the past and turbine ignored them.........

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 29th, 2015 at 6:33am
Print Post  
30 replys and 600 odd views, just overnight?

I will admit I'm curious to see what Jerry-the-hut does when he gets in, that's a pretty active thread for only being 7 hours old, and North American wee hours.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 29th, 2015 at 7:03am
Print Post  
I reckon it will just catch the cube, Sev would actually have to know when he is going to nerf Holy-sword before he could tell anyone. And the fact is that he will only do that when he can work his courage up, until then it's just easier to let it go as he has for months. Any time you see him saying he is going to change it, like he did in the 10k thread he is trying to sound like a hardman, and is trying to convince himself as much as anyone else.

He is such a passive aggressive little bitch, all the times he would use the term "overperforming" meant that he didn't like it but was too chicken shit to change it, just fishing for support or attempting to act like they had meant to do it. What a clueless fucker.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #8 - May 29th, 2015 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on May 29th, 2015 at 6:23am:
A few posters on the MB got a few really good points tough.

Sev didn't knew holy sword added that kind of bonus. What the hell is he there for? (I know the answer but I don't want to get too offensive in his regards this time of the day)

Devs seems to press buttons at random and when something happens it always seems it was someone else who was coding. Turbine's strategy is to always blame others and fake innocence (nooooooo. Lag is not on our side....it's the player fault that is not using a nasa supercomputer)

When they were asking for feedback about palli and bards ench many people said what would have been OP and explained exactly why. Many other suckers simply replied "start buffin and if it's too much they will nerf". Maybe im expecting too much from those shit-whistlers but good argued and reasoned points were made in the past and turbine ignored them.........

I do believe they didn't realise what they had coded, because I doubt their understanding of the mechanics is very deep.
So that part rings true to me at least.
But, they were told before Live and as per SOP they ignored it.
It went live and they had a shit fight.  They ignored it.

I can semi-forgive not knowing some of the intricacies of how shit stacks in DDO.  Especially given most of the devs are late to the party.
But they should either:
(A) start learning how stuff works
(B) be willing to listen to those who do know.

Leaving Holy Sword as it is for so long and then nerfing it is stupidity writ large.
Why leave it in the wild for so long so people can get used to it and build around it only to change it?

Severance_Pay doesn't give a shit what the customers think.  The prevailing attitude will be, "Change it, fuck 'em".
He'll take that little turd nugget and dress it up in euphemisms and platitudes, but it will still be disregard for the players affected.

At the end of the day though, the change itself doesn't bother me too much as it might only be minor.  To my mind, the issue is the way in which it has been and will be handled.

I realise it's a game and changes need to happen to calibrate things that are out of balance.  But we primarily see nerfs - where are the upgrades to the weak abilities/spells/enhancements to recalibrate those?
Those changes need to be made with more alacrity and greater regard to the impact of those affected.  Pretend to show some genuine remorse for affecting their toons by offering them a BTC LR20 or something.  It costs Turdbine nothing, and it doesn't take much PR nouse to figure it out.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #9 - May 29th, 2015 at 7:44am
Print Post  
That makes complete sense but the problem (if problem is the right word) is that what Lammania is for. We can hide the fact that lama is a preview server and not a test one but when people report glitches, exploits, bugs, feedback and other stuff I think only a complete moron would simply release the content the way it.

I know it was a blessing to many of us but they could have avoided doopalooza if they listened. The worst part is that they read this forum where we are practically giving free advice that would save them hours of work and possibly raising their income and they still won't do a goddamn thing.

Turbine, failing more than a broken muppet  Grin

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #10 - May 29th, 2015 at 8:00am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on May 29th, 2015 at 7:44am:
That makes complete sense but the problem (if problem is the right word) is that what Lammania is for. We can hide the fact that lama is a preview server and not a test one but when people report glitches, exploits, bugs, feedback and other stuff I think only a complete moron would simply release the content the way it.

As a professional that delivers services to customers with a view to repeat business, this is the part that confounds me.
Why bother show casing stuff and not bother to at least try and fix it?  Screw arbitrary deadlines if the crap you're about to publish is an embarrassing bug-ridden piece of shite.  Fix it and fix it fast.

Maybe they just put it out their to read the feedback of the sycophants to appease their sensitive egos?

I cannot reconcile it with any rational logic, so I just chalk it up to not caring, or no pride in their work. 
The sooner it is published - job done, move on.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2015 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
30 replys and 600 odd views, just overnight?

I will admit I'm curious to see what Jerry-the-hut does when he gets in, that's a pretty active thread for only being 7 hours old, and North American wee hours.

It's now on pace to crack 1K before the business starts in boston.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #12 - May 29th, 2015 at 8:26am
Print Post  
I know it was a blessing to many of us but they could have avoided doopalooza if they listened.

While I can't quote the numbers, I'm pretty sure that they've profited from dupopalooza a lot more than we did. That might be the main reason behind it all  Wink

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #13 - May 29th, 2015 at 11:05am
Print Post  
The only purpose this thread has is to confirm what we should all have known to begin with.  When, or if, Sev_pay finally nerfs the holiest buff in the game he will half ass it with no regard to why it was changed in the first place.

I.E. because it used to be shit and paladins needed a boost.  So he'll make it not stack with Imp Crit and then it will be a shit spell nobody uses, again.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2015 at 11:06am by Mr Reilly »  

- Zorro

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #14 - May 29th, 2015 at 11:15am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/460743-Holy-Sword-and-Improved-critica...

Quote:
Holy Sword will be changing at some point.

Improved Critical will not be changing in the near future, at least not without an outcry from the player base. Although it varies from the pen and paper, and probably wasn't intended to work that way, it's been in place since the earliest days of the game with its current functionality so we are loathe to change it at this point.

Sev~

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 29th, 2015 at 11:59am
Print Post  
how the hell it differs from pnp - in other way then it allows using it for group of weapons rather then one type?

if it changes to pnp version it would only mean people will specialize more on preferred weapon - and most weapon types will be of no use

what he ll say us next? that cleave and great cleave works different than pnp? or spellcraft sklil? maybe he reveal us wizards memorize spells and can část them only limited times between rests...

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #16 - May 29th, 2015 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
...is that what Lammania is for. We can hide the fact that lama is a preview server and not a test one but when people report glitches, exploits, bugs, feedback and other stuff I think only a complete moron would simply release the content the way it.

DropBear wrote on May 29th, 2015 at 8:00am:
...this is the part that confounds me.Why bother show casing stuff and not bother to at least try and fix it? 

C'mon guys.  I'm frankly kind of amazed that anyone is still amazed by this behavior.  As OldCoaly's avatar says:

"Why did you think this time would be different?"

Honestly, wouldn't you have been more shocked if they had fixed something... anything?  I know I would have been.  However, that is not the case and, alas, likely never will be.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 29th, 2015 at 5:39pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Paleus gets Hammered!
Reply #18 - May 29th, 2015 at 6:14pm
Print Post  

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving myopic Fanboi.

Hammertop said:
Well here I suppose I could point how this is a thinly veiled attack on me and my suitability as the source and how you imply I am sowing panic over silly rumors... But how about instead I let my good buddy Severlin handle this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin  View Post
Our current plan:

Holy Sword: Yes
Improved Critical: No

Sev~
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2015 at 6:15pm by »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #19 - May 29th, 2015 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on May 29th, 2015 at 5:19pm:
C'mon guys.  I'm frankly kind of amazed that anyone is still amazed by this behavior.  As OldCoaly's avatar says:

"Why did you think this time would be different?"

Yeah, he's got my favoite Vault Avatar, that quote and the look on the guy's face sums up a sane person's reaction to Turdbin perfectly.

Turdbin refusing to use Lamania as a test server because they call it a Preview Server is like trying to eat your broth with a fork because the spoon you have is a teaspoon and broth isn't tea. Great job, Sev., brilliant.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 29th, 2015 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Holy Sword: Yes
Improved Critical: No

Sev~

Pffft! yeah right, big talk Sev wont fucking bother.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - May 30th, 2015 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on May 29th, 2015 at 11:59am:
how the hell it differs from pnp - in other way then it allows using it for group of weapons rather then one type?

if it changes to pnp version it would only mean people will specialize more on preferred weapon - and most weapon types will be of no use

what he ll say us next? that cleave and great cleave works different than pnp? or spellcraft sklil? maybe he reveal us wizards memorize spells and can část them only limited times between rests...

He probably meant the stacking. In P&P, Improved Crit would not stack with any other crit range increase (as it states in the feat description in DDO, IIRC.)

...which makes me think that they are contemplating swapping out the range increase for a non-stacking keen/impact effect. (Which is a nerf, but would at least give Pallies an extra feat to play with....but would make some insanely broken Paladin thrower builds. (mwa ha ha))

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint