Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pally DPS-- which is best? (Read 4584 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Pally DPS-- which is best?
Jun 8th, 2015 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Sword and Board with Vanguard?

THF ?

TWF?

Has anyone done real maths or comparisons?

5 foot seems to thing THF is best. That's what I'm currently running (lvl 17), But I grouped with a S&Ber doing well.

Hjelp plox.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Pally DPS-- which is best?
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
All I know is THF is insane. If the others are better, then that just means the class is completely broken.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2015 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Thf is best vs trash. Single target idk

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Swf was best single target before nerf, 2 handed is best trash and solid boss dps, 2 weapon is best single target  boss dps, tho a bow  paliecher prolly has "the best palie" boss burst dps.
S&b is cc/defense focused, its prolly best fit for new to epic players.

Whatever you pick will be strong.
I prefer 2 weapon with a 5 ranger splash, get more active attacks and makes palie less horribly boring to play and fixes the issue with aoe trasch clear + can fit in manyshot for bursty dps.

But all boils down to what you prefer.

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2015 at 4:32am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2015 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 9th, 2015 at 4:30am:
Whatever you pick will be strong.
I prefer 2 weapon with a 5 ranger splash, get more active attacks and makes palie less horribly boring to play and fixes the issue with aoe trasch clear + can fit in manyshot for bursty dps.

But all boils down to what you prefer.

This.  Pallies get best of both worlds (THF and TWF) in one with Holy Sword and Dance of Death.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jun 8th, 2015 at 11:57am:
Sword and Board with Vanguard?

THF ?

TWF?

Has anyone done real maths or comparisons?

5 foot seems to thing THF is best. That's what I'm currently running (lvl 17), But I grouped with a S&Ber doing well.

Hjelp plox.

It's not like any of the options are bad. I'm pretty sure that any style pally is greater dps than any style Fighter.

The thing that makes THF shine for Pally is the light damage from KotC that procs on every hit and every glance. You'll see it hit for 100+ in epic if you get your melee power high enough.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Up to lvl 24 now. I've mostly been using the melee divine destiny (blanking on name). For now, I've been using a Sireth I had laying around. This guy was monk-based for many lives. So, I have a truckload of wraps. But, my selection of THF is weak. Lit2 falchion --> Sireth is where I'm at now (with a trip pos maul situationally). I guess I need to get an EAGA (only need base) and a Thunderforged. I have everything I need for a t1 or t2 thunderforged. Shadow phlogs is what I don't have. Sad

Question: Are there good gear pieces that wade-in-to-melee-on-EE people are using in terms of damage mitigation? Or, are we relying mostly on ENH+Destiny stuff for PRR/MRR + Displacement?

Seems like I was getting hit really hard on an EE the other day, and I wasn't sure what else to do..

In my monk days, shadowfade was my friend. Now...?
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2015 at 11:16pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jun 10th, 2015 at 11:13pm:
Up to lvl 24 now. I've mostly been using the melee divine destiny (blanking on name). For now, I've been using a Sireth I had laying around. This guy was monk-based for many lives. So, I have a truckload of wraps. But, my selection of THF is weak. Lit2 falchion --> Sireth is where I'm at now (with a trip pos maul situationally). I guess I need to get an EAGA (only need base) and a Thunderforged. I have everything I need for a t1 or t2 thunderforged. Shadow phlogs is what I don't have. Sad

Question: Are there good gear pieces that wade-in-to-melee-on-EE people are using in terms of damage mitigation? Or, are we relying mostly on ENH+Destiny stuff for PRR/MRR + Displacement?

Seems like I was getting hit really hard on an EE the other day, and I wasn't sure what else to do..

In my monk days, shadowfade was my friend. Now...?

Sireth is good.
Cannith Elemental Greataxe of Fire is great at level 20.
Sky Breaker is decent at ml 25.
You can get Drow weapons on the AH (maybe).
Tier 1 TF is effective, cheap, and ML 24.

As for mitigation....it should be mostly heavy armor + displacement/lesser displacement (EE Ring of Shadows/eToEE armor). Ghostly is available in a bunch of places nowadays for 10% extra.

You can also stack up PRR from PDK IPLs and Divine EPLs.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

AllBorkedup
Waterworks Kobold

Be Happy~!

Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 9:03am
Print Post  
I find good healing amp (100+) with crusade going along with what 5ft recommends ensures any damage is quickly recaptured. Even against boss's like the TOEE Ogre Leaders you can stand fast absorbing the 150-200 damage hits.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 10:28am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 11th, 2015 at 12:17am:
Sireth is good.
Cannith Elemental Greataxe of Fire is great at level 20.
Sky Breaker is decent at ml 25.
You can get Drow weapons on the AH (maybe).
Tier 1 TF is effective, cheap, and ML 24.

As for mitigation....it should be mostly heavy armor + displacement/lesser displacement (EE Ring of Shadows/eToEE armor). Ghostly is available in a bunch of places nowadays for 10% extra.

You can also stack up PRR from PDK IPLs and Divine EPLs.

Yep, if you have nothing to start with Tier 1 Thunderforged is easily made/acquired and effective.  Even Tier 2 is not difficult to get the mats.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
AllBorkedup wrote on Jun 18th, 2015 at 9:03am:
I find good healing amp (100+) with crusade going along with what 5ft recommends ensures any damage is quickly recaptured. Even against boss's like the TOEE Ogre Leaders you can stand fast absorbing the 150-200 damage hits.

Yeah, anytime you have steady incoming healing, H-amp easily becomes your most important defensive stat...whether it's consecration, blood strength, cleric aura, vampirism, etc.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

jobharve
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
I have tried all 3 and DPS is comparable between them.  TWF is a little slower on trash mobs with no glancing blows.  I go with sword and board myself and use a bastard sword.  Take the THF feats that I can work into the build.  At cap I can easily swap enhancements away from vanguard and go stalwart defender to make a tank for EE deathwyrm or FoTP.  Works for me for rolling through a few more epic lives.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint