Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ideas for Epic Elite Devil Ready Caster (Read 1381 times)
trail
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Ideas for Epic Elite Devil Ready Caster
Jun 16th, 2015 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
With the arrival of my second kid, my playing time has gone down significantly.  So I better start the TR now.

I've got a flavor druid caster light/fire specd already sitting at 28 that was a lot of fun in EH, but pretty tough to play on EE due to low DC's .

With all the fire immunes I'm guessing lightning or light will be the new heat for EE Devils.

What are you guys thinking?

Thanks
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2015 at 5:09pm by trail »  

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Re: Ideas for Epic Elite Devil Ready Caster
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
If you want to play a Druid caster, go Shiradi imo.

EQ is almost the only thing you'll need a DC on, and at equivalent DCs it'll land better than any other spell.

Think I had mid 60s on my last Druid build and it was landing on pretty much anything on EE with Evocation augmentation and Mantle of the Icy Soul.

Water Elemental form, drop EQ/Ice Storm/SoV/Hellball and watch massive groups of mobs get annihilated. Add SLAs/Ruin/Wiz PL/other single target spells for red named mobs.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
I have even shittier EQ DCs and I am still fine. I think I am in the mid 50s. With the debuffs that Dis mentioned you'll be fine.

IP Logged

trail
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2015 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Distributed wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 5:33pm:
If you want to play a Druid caster, go Shiradi imo.

EQ is almost the only thing you'll need a DC on, and at equivalent DCs it'll land better than any other spell.

Think I had mid 60s on my last Druid build and it was landing on pretty much anything on EE with Evocation augmentation and Mantle of the Icy Soul.

Water Elemental form, drop EQ/Ice Storm/SoV/Hellball and watch massive groups of mobs get annihilated. Add SLAs/Ruin/Wiz PL/other single target spells for red named mobs.

Just to clarify, it doesn't have to be a druid caster.  That's just what she is now.  I can TR her into whatever.  She has 3 sorc past lives, and used to be my palemaster. 

I tried the druid build for something different.  I was more curious as to what you guys think would be stronger for EE Devils.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Hmm safest bet is a shiradi.
But wait a bit til we see how warlock plays on live and how good/bad it is.
IT has potential to be the best caster, depends how they finalized blast at speed and animations.

Druid is ok, but it sums up in the end to just a quake bot.
Sorc enchant specd is ok, actually amazing, but spell penetration? What will be the number we need.
Pm is imo utter bullshit with warlock having more dc then wizz, well it got feats so maybe has more penetrat?
Cleric, uhm dunno, it might be ok, but cleric light cannon builds severly lack in burst boss dps, and i assume we will get some nasty 600k oranged named minibosses or whatever, so pretty much a no.
Fsoul, save thing as cleric, but is currently a bit worse off unless you really want to be a sun elf oure fsoul.
Thing is, they have ranger and tehn fsoul on revamp list, so depending how it works out the new third tree and new stuff might make fsoul op, should be rleased around the same time as epic shroud.
Arrtie is a caster, but uhm yea, just a no no.
Bard, depends, bard will lack i think in penetration to be a proper enchant bot and you will be better off as a swasch anyways so kinda no.

Your best safe bet is shiradi casting, regular fsoul wiz palie splash, random wiz palie prr/mrr builds, or in future warlock shiradi builds.
Depends really, id say it is to soon to firgure out at this point, since they are trying to entirely change how ep dests/casting is tied, so woule be really to soon to give a specific answer outside of shiradi is safest bet,

In the end, play what you enjoy, they will make everything fucking op anyways

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint