Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Little theory crafting with a simple question (Read 2117 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Little theory crafting with a simple question
Jun 19th, 2015 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Edit.
Tested on live, decided to say farewell to barb.
Final split will either be 12 monk 4 wiz 4 warlock or 12 monk 5 warlock 3 wiz.
The most synergetic and strongest and fun to play build i ever created so far.

Most notable thing is its defenses while dishing max dps output putting to shame anyone or anything calling themselfs a tank or dps Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2015 at 9:45am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Re: Little theory crafting with a simple question
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Yea, i think i've seen it suggested in the past life build thread.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Ended with 8 monk 6 wiz 6 warlock.
4 sec cd aura is enough for offensive ticks, with melle that is 2 sources of spirit income, third source is consecration with only heal twisted.

Idea was tested and should work al right.
I have considerd to do a barb med armor split but it didnt hit me ok since i would still need t5 cleric for that kind of split and would sacrifice to much for minor gain.
In short it would have only 4 cleaves and maybe a useless whirlwind for minor prr/mrr.
After tested how auras work the split i decided on is rather straighforward.
Since i go con based and fiend pact, my fort save wont be utterly bad, a better split overall would be 9 monk 6 warlock 5 wizz, but since its warlock plife i do it different.
Anyways, while in zomb form aura heal ticks provide spirit, so before entering combat that source is powerd up.
In combat consecration takes care of healing ticks, auras take care of offensive ticks.
With full martial plifes earth stance and imp mage armor from eldritch i gain a considerably useful ee miss chance from armor.
With dodge and displace /shadow fade my violet begets violence should be powerd up on a constant basis to provice perma criting for tree form.
And ability to use the good whirlwind and 3 cleaves will put it ahead in offense.
ITs pretty much a enter with full spirit and demolish fast with perma criting, rely on con based for fort save.
Will save is ignored with plifes/gear and only reflex is a issue which can be solved by going 9 monk to some degree.

After tests from random friends and knowing that cleric aura isnt needed, id say itsa  nice build.
With standing around 70 con the temp hp proc from enlightend should provide a thick layer of defense as well.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 4:16pm:
It totally slipped my mind to test it on lama,
Entirely didnt even consider it since i was caught in caster dc/shiradi warlock builds.

But, can we use warlock for tree builds?
Enlightend spirit aura n such?

Read this:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461900-Supreme-Cleavage-Test-Build

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Dont like that build after looking at it, its really low dps tbh.
I did think barb version for a while but it loses to much for so little gains.
After playing a treebarb, honestly it is soooo bad compared to monk.
You just cant skip on whirlwind with unarmed.

Violet begets violence alrdy outperforms barb splits alone,.
Also that build has only cleave gcleave and lets assume 2 buged sup cleaves.
No whirlwind, so it apsoultely does nothing to keep resets going on.
You are stuck with a tree that can be in tree form but cannot effectively attack.
It shows that the builder has never played a tree build and lacks basic knowledge how one should be played imo.

But anyways, this what im doing is also not good, i just want to avoid going cleric as much as possible.
I had a cleric monk wiz version long time ago where i tested spirit incomes and i decided that wiz alone can sustain it, but no matter how i tend to follow up that build i lacked survival.
Warlocks enlighten spirirts temp hp fixed that issue to me.
I plan to play this split epic and might turn main into 9 monk version for final in case i like it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 8:08am:
4 sec cd aura is enough for offensive ticks, with melle that is 2 sources of spirit income, third source is consecration with only heal twisted.

I have considerd to do a barb med armor split but it didnt hit me ok since i would still need t5 cleric for that kind of split and would sacrifice to much for minor gain.
In short it would have only 4 cleaves and maybe a useless whirlwind for minor prr/mrr.
Since i go con based and fiend pact, my fort save wont be utterly bad, a better split overall would be 9 monk 6 warlock 5 wizz, but since its warlock plife i do it different.
Anyways, while in zomb form aura heal ticks provide spirit, so before entering combat that source is powerd up.
In combat consecration takes care of healing ticks, auras take care of offensive ticks.
With full martial plifes earth stance and imp mage armor from eldritch i gain a considerably useful ee miss chance from armor.
With dodge and displace /shadow fade my violet begets violence should be powerd up on a constant basis to provice perma criting for tree form.
And ability to use the good whirlwind and 3 cleaves will put it ahead in offense.
ITs pretty much a enter with full spirit and demolish fast with perma criting, rely on con based for fort save.
Will save is ignored with plifes/gear and only reflex is a issue which can be solved by going 9 monk to some degree.

After tests from random friends and knowing that cleric aura isnt needed, id say itsa  nice build.
With standing around 70 con the temp hp proc from enlightend should provide a thick layer of defense as well.

You should call it the Hulk

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 8:08am:

How is this a warlock plife with 8 monk only 6 warlock?

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #7 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 5:04pm:
How is this a warlock plife with 8 monk only 6 warlock?

Its 8 warlock 6 monk 6 wiz

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #8 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 7:13pm:
Its 8 warlock 6 monk 6 wiz

Edit doesnt seem to work so i didnt bother to fix heh