Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Finally a Dev move I can support fully (Read 2667 times)
Forest
Ex Member

Finally a Dev move I can support fully
Oct 7th, 2015 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Hastypudding posted on the AA thread: Quote:
Seriously? Wisdom as a primary stat? Are you deliberately trying to make people play monkchers as the only viable longbow class? This is, by far, the most disgusting thing I've ever heard you guys come up with. There's no excuse for this. Words simply cannot express my irritation, right now.

Are you deliberately trying to make me quit DDO?

Well Vargouille? is that your plan? if so I am 100% willing to put up with any kooky stat based DC you guys want to make it if it means that we can get rid of this jag-off.  Smiley

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/466230-Ranger-Arcane-Archer-Changes-(E...
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2015 at 11:45am by »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Finally a Dev move I can support fully
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hastypudding posted on the AA thread:

Well Vargouille? is that your plan? if so I am 100% willing to put up with any kooky stat based DC you guys want to make it if it means that we can get rid of this jag-off.  Smiley

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/466230-Ranger-Arcane-Archer-Changes-(E...

Given that the AA tree is also a racial tree for Elves and Helves, it makes even less sense.  Dex is the primary stat for Elves (And Helves, optionally with elven heritage). 

As stated by devs in the thread, the reason they chose wisdom was to make it difficult for an AA to maximize Physical damage, elemental damage, and DC's on one character.  The same as it is difficult to maximize spell power, spell crits, and spell DC's on a caster on one character. 

My guess, and just a guess, is that their goal was not to incense people to quit DDO.  Their goal was to balance out the features so that you can't have them all at the same time at max effectiveness. 

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Even if it is balanced, it still doesn't make sense from a lore perspective.  I'd like to see more synergy with arcane classes, like how the class was originally envisioned.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
It makes no fucking sense. They're afraid rangers will pwn every wild dog they encounter? Because charm animal is so effective? They're talking as if AA has its own wizard-like spell list full of CC options.

No, this is the same some-dev-hates-paralyze agenda that's been active for years now.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Yeah, because Rangers, even after the pass, are so over performing. And they don't already have to spread their stats thin as butter scraped across too much bread  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 7th, 2015 at 7:33pm:
It makes no fucking sense. They're afraid rangers will pwn every wild dog they encounter? Because charm animal is so effective?

Very funny!

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #6 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Forest, your siggy is awesome

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #7 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Rage wrote on Oct 9th, 2015 at 2:42am:
Forest, your siggy is awesome

Agreed, that was one of the few main board posts worth reading, awesome  Grin Grin Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Oct 10th, 2015 at 2:05am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Oct 7th, 2015 at 4:09pm:
Even if it is balanced, it still doesn't make sense from a lore perspective.  I'd like to see more synergy with arcane classes, like how the class was originally envisioned. 

Lorewise, Arcane Archers are horrible and have no synergy with arcane classes.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/arcaneArcher.htm

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint