Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Severence package for nerfs (Read 17854 times)
[]
Madame President

Re: Severence package for nerfs
Reply #75 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Who do you think destroyed Exploited Killers?

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #76 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 3:12pm:
Big question for me now on melee paladins is 15 pally with evasion, 18 pally with evasion, or pure pally without. The fact that it's debatable now makes me question whether they might have gotten the PRR/MRR adjust for heavy armor right. Then again, this is only one build decision and PRR/MRR effects a lot more than just that build so I'm sure they still have it wrong.  Tongue

Vindication.

This is where I was going with this line of reasoning.

While it sucks ass that Holy Sword no longer applies to off-hand or shields, it STILL out-performs entire class trees. The only thing in the running right now is 12 Ranger/x with enough AP spent to get the +1 Threat/ Multipliers. So with MRR removed, everyone now goes to an Evasion build of SOME kind.

Once again, Heavy Armour is on the shit pile, Barbs, Clerics and Pallies can eat a dick in end game raids, and Fighter can claw back some of it's already pitiful survivability by purchasing up to FIVE (5) Fighter specific bonus feats for PRR/MRR. And then still be useless.

Let me take this opportunity to remind anyone who doesn't see this as an issue, that PRR is not the ongoing concern that MRR is.

Almost ALL end game EE damage is AoE Magical damage. Whether it's Magefire cannons, Fire Dragon Naplam, or Vol's DeathCircles, it's all incoming AoE magic. The kind that is now going to be almost completely unmitigated by Heavy Armour.

I could give a fuck about a Cabaal Hobgoblins or Drow Archers.

I care DEEPLY about swarms of ToEE Elementals and their Frost Lances/ DBFs and CR 80 casters spamming Horrid Wilting or Disintegrate or Chain Lightning. (Less so the ToEE, since I never run it anyway, since it's not worth the grief. But that's a different thread.)

So the game will go back to the pre "Armour Up" builds, where everyone who wants to join a PuG or Raid Group better have 2 Rogue/ 2 Monk/ 9 Ranger or Go Fist Your Own Gimp Ass.

Again, I am struggling to understand why they would remove a fix to a problem they KNOW and ADMIT exists. A problem they ADMITTED they created with ludicrous quest design. Especially when there are a lot of people who build for PRR/ MRR now.

It's almost like the Dev Team has a GenCon "Dungeon Delve" mentality, where they're the DM trying to defeat or outwit the players. It's an ultimately self-defeating mind-set.

I can only speculate that some kind of order came down from On-High to get these f2p classes back to under-performing, so the p2p classes sell better (another self-defeating mind-set.)

It's the only logic that I see making sense, since even Turbine Devs aren't THAT incompetent.

(Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.)

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #77 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Who do you think is the #1 shop wreckah, ob selectah, grand mastah, Shogun-of-Harlem type motherfucker in this game?

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:47pm:
[] wrote on Oct 21st, 2015 at 5:01pm:
dude, i haven't even logged in since they announced the nerf-holocaust: i'm done playing.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #79 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
dude, i haven't even logged in since they announced the nerf-holocaust: i'm done playing.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #80 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #81 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
The most electrifying man in DDO, ask around.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:48pm:

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #83 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:51pm:
ask around.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #84 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
You suckas don't even know what it feels like to RUN THANGS like a fuken BAWS!

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #85 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:53pm:
You suckas don't even know what it feels like
: i'm done playing.

Always sad when mobo refugees come here to cry about how it feels to be lame.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:58pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #86 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
There are so many good players on all servers.  However, only one can be...the very best.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #87 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 3:01pm:
OK... I went back and waded through as many of those Mobo pages as I could stomach, and my take away is:

MRR is still gone.

The only conclusions I can come up with are:

1) The Devs really, REALLY wanted to stick it to Paladin. So they hit them on DPS, splashes, and survivability.
2) They want to sell more of the Monk class. A lot more. To everyone. Removing MRR is going to make a Monk splash almost mandatory on any build that doesn't have native Evasion.
3) They intend to "live test" this Train Wreck before reverting back to the old system. The old "take the favourite toy away then wrap it up and give it back for Christmas" bait and switch.

I wish I knew what the Devs had against Heavy Armour or Sword and Board... Tongue

1)  They backed off the DPS changes to holy sword except for shields, orbs, and rune arms.  That's  hardly a hit.  The MRR thing hit all classes.  Not just Pallys.  It was more of a heavy armor reduction.  I don't agree with it, but it wasn't a pally hit.  That would be like saying that the TWF change was a pally DPS nerf because some pallys use TWF.  Or that the pulverizer change was a pally DPS change.  Because some pallys might use a blunt weapon.  You could say that, but it would sound inaccurate.  Now, the cap on saves boost was a hit.  And again, I'm not a fan of that.  But that one thing doesn't make for a huge impact on the class as a whole.  Not enough to say that the devs are "out to get" pallys.  Especially considering that Pallys made the best ranged DPS, melee DPS, and tanks since U23, almost a year ago.  It's been a fun year to play a pally.  Much more so than Ranger, Monk, Fighter, or a lot of other classes.  Not sure pallys have all that much to bitch about, honestly. 

2)  How many players do you really think don't have the monk class at this point?  This is pretty lame reason to make up.  I think you will see them give the monk class a buff in the class enhancement passes next after fighter.  Is that because they want to sell more of the class?  If so, why did the they do all these free classes (barb, bard, pally, ranger, fighter) Before doing monk, FvS, and Arti?  The logic doesn't really follow.  And again, the heavy armor/light armor balance affects a lot of classes.  Rogues, Monks, Bards, Rangers, (who they are currently focusing on) and casters.  Hard to pin all the heavy armor/no armor stuff on Monks with credibility. 

My understanding from reading the thread is that they felt there was not a good balance between heavy armor and light/no armor benefits.  I wish they had buffed light/no armor, though, vs. nerfing heavy armor.  Not a fan of their choices.

3)  Remains to be seen.  They have undone changes before.  Or tweaked them a second time.  Hopefully they adjust the PRR/MRR thing, ManyShot/10k Stars, and the Warlock blast stuff.  I think all those were an over-correction. 

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 5:03pm:
There are so many good players on all servers.  However, only one can be...the very best. 

[] wrote on Oct 21st, 2015 at 3:01pm:
14:43      <DDOChatter_55>: i'd prefer leaving the game alone!
14:43      <DDOChatter_55>: just...stop 

Cry

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #89 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 4:48pm:
So the game will go back to the pre "Armour Up" builds, where everyone who wants to join a PuG or Raid Group better have 2 Rogue/ 2 Monk/ 9 Ranger or Go Fist Your Own Gimp Ass.

What server are you on that people were actually screening LFM's for evasion?  In 2014?  I've not seen an LFM screened at that level of detail since 2008 shroud when you had to have over 250 HP and link your DR breakers.  Be serious.  Everybody I know has been taking first 12 to hit the LFM for years. 

I can only speculate that some kind of order came down from On-High to get these f2p classes back to under-performing, so the p2p classes sell better (another self-defeating mind-set.)

Only this PRR/MRR change doesn't affect Artis, FvS, druids or Warlocks.  All of whom have access to medium armor proficiency and none of whom have evasion.  If they wanted to "buff" the pay classes, then you would see something that makes medium armor the shit.  Since 4 of the 5 of them are best suited for medium armor.  Especially since most everyone and their brother has monk.  Much fewer have Arti, druid, and warlock.  That's like saying they put out a cool docent because they want people to buy warforged.  Who the fuck doesn't have warforged?  If you are going to go tin foil hat, at least make it seem semi-plausible.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #90 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Pffffft, hearts on sale. They're fucking shameless. Greedy fuckers.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #91 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
I think Technomage called this, and was even willing to bet on it.

IP Logged

yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #92 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 6:31pm:
[] wrote on Oct 22nd, 2015 at 5:26pm:
i'm dead serious about quitting; done.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #93 - Oct 22nd, 2015 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

This. The godawful fact is that we wish the devs had an axe to grind against a particular class, because that at least would be a plan.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint