Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Advice sort -Help fix an old school TWF toon (Read 1086 times)
Baddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Advice sort -Help fix an old school TWF toon
Dec 13th, 2015 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I have a borked old school dual wielding Khopesh toon I'm trying to fix. He has a +20 so I can basically respec him any which way.

He has rogue gear, many Khopesh's, TF heavy plate, large range of light armor so I have options. I only have fire phlogs ... the alter ate all my shadows. Have life time supply of other greds.

No ranged on this toon, I'll do that on another one that needs fixing in the same way. No wolves or trees ... again another toon planned for those.

Must have good self healing ... that is the main problem with how he is currently ... good dps but  shit self healing. CSW and Cocoon will probably do it..

Destinies are maxed and I have a 3 past lives. I think all stats have +4's at least.

Was thinking - TWF Khopesh's, STR build human pure ranger. Not bothering with ranged ... end game only at this stage.

Can someone help with start stats and feats please.

Thanks

IP Logged

Baddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Advice sort -Help fix an old school TWF toon
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2015 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Feats to take (not in order)
khopesh
power attack
cleave
toughness
imp crit slash
dodge
precision
mobility
epic toughness (Epic)
Overwhelm Crit (Epic)
Perfect TWF (Epic Destiny)
Spring Attack
Epic destiny feat - Pierce Silver ? Epic Reflex saves ??

Could swap mobility and spring for emp heal and extend or quicken maybe? not sure how good or bad my CSW will hit for at this stage??

Start stats
              Starting
Abilities    Base Stats   
(36 Point)    (Level 1)
Strength           18         
Dexterity          10         
Constitution       18         
Intelligence        8         
Wisdom             10         
Charisma            8
Everything into Str

Enhancements
Tempest and human maxed out - Considering I am NOT going to pew pew is there anything I should take in DWS?

As you can see I need help .... in so many ways Smiley

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 4:52am
Print Post  
Baddog wrote on Dec 13th, 2015 at 8:42pm:
Considering I am NOT going to pew pew is there anything I should take in DWS?

Yes, get to "Killer."  T4, take all three ranks.  The Survivalist enhancements really increase survivability.

You also want the DWS cores.  Core 3 Exposing Strike works like Improved Feint should, and even the few SA dice you'll get, amplified by melee power, will add a fair bit of dps.  Core 4 is an obvious one, +1 crit range.  Core 5 is fort bypass, very useful.  All of them add to heal spell power.  You'll want to take the tempest capstone, though there is some argument about this in another Ranger thread in this forum.

One point in Human for damage boost.  Maybe two more for the first tier of heal amp, depending on your gear.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Drop Cleave and either PA or Precision. Having both is really good if you remember to switch between trash and bosses but otherwise its a waste of feats. It's arguable which is better where but generally PA is for trash and Precision is for bosses. Consider how long it takes you to kill trash vs bosses and take your favourite. Take Emp Heal and Quicken in place of the feats you dropped.

Don't bother with ED feats like Pierce Silver/whatever. Good combo's for TWF are PTWF and First Blood/Elusive Target/Holy Strike so pick your favourite.

Epic Feats for a pure evasion Melee are Overwhelming Critical and Epic Reflexes. The level 24 feat can be used to take a heroic feat or Epic Toughness if you really insist.

Stats, I would say drop Con to 16 and raise Dex a bit more so you have better reflex saves.

Enhancements, primary Tempest, picking up Level 20 core and T5 and in DWS go for minimal level 12 core and Killer III. The rest in Human, Harper, more DWS and/or AA depending on your preference. Consider spending 4 in AA to get Magical Training if you find you have an extremely small SP pool.

If you want a full build, feel free to ask.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Another option would be to not go pure.  Your stats look more like a ranger/fighter or ranger/pally build.  You can do 18/2 or 17/3 or 14/6, etc. and wear heavy armor and get your PRR/MRR higher.  Since your current build seems to be saying screw it on the reflex saves.  I'm not a huge fan of the combo of average PRR, low MRR, low dodge and low reflex saves.  That's not a recipe for suvivability.

I go dex for damage/to-hit and use scimitars when going pure ranger.  You can get a standing dex in the mid 60's to 70 with proper gear.  That is as good or better than the strength you can get.  And you will be sporting a nice 70's reflex save with improved evasion.  Probably about 120 PRR and 70 MRR.  AC around 130.  Probably about 20-25% dodge.

When I go Str, I splash some fighter or pally. Then you get a strength in the 60's.  You will have slightly more HP, more base damage, higher crits, but crit less often ofc, and have PRR in the 180 range with MRR in the low 100's.  AC around 150-160.  You will have some crowd control with stunning blow, and some of the LD options like lay waste.  More AoE attacks.      

Either way, you will be a stone cold killer.  Ranger melees bring the hurt. 

IP Logged

Baddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
I went strength build as I have Khopesh's

Without much effort I have standing, no pots buffs etc
57 reflex, 19 Dodge and 100 PRR, 55 Str

CMW hits for 220, SFP over 600 and cocoon sets HP at 1150

Wacking the dummy saw nice 600-700's and 4-5K crits... tasty

So now I just need to adjust/check gear to squeeze some more dodge dex and PRR and I should be good to go.

Thanks for help and advice ... saved me a few hours and probably a LR

« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2015 at 10:31pm by Baddog »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint