Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bladeforged Sorc build help (Read 2009 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Bladeforged Sorc build help
May 1st, 2016 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Hello Vaulties,
  I am putting my last sorc life on my "something maybe warlock" project.  So far 3x wiz and this will be the third sorc life.  I only have Fatesinger to the first level so I am going to have to do some time in epics to get into the shiradi tree.  So after a bit of researching I am thinking the standard 18/2 sorc/pally build.  But am curious as to peoples thoughts on adding another 2 levels of something like monk, fvs, or wiz.  I don't want to have to use a +1 stone so 2 pally is set.  Also, as I have been off for the last few years, I don't have much in the way of current epic gear....

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Re: Bladeforged Sorc build help
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2016 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
IMHO 1-20 warforged sorc is far more fun and maybe even faster than bladeforged sorc 15-30. Because I prefer to have a blast soloing BB instead pikeing the daily epics until I puke.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2016 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 4:40pm:
IMHO 1-20 warforged sorc is far more fun and maybe even faster than bladeforged sorc 15-30. Because I prefer to have a blast soloing BB instead pikeing the daily epics until I puke.

Hmm... maybe you are right..  certainly soloing is super easy with straight WF sorc 1-20... I think I'll just do that.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2016 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 5:11pm:
Hmm... maybe you are right..  certainly soloing is super easy with straight WF sorc 1-20... I think I'll just do that.

The only issue with this is if you want the Iconic PL's.  I tend to prefer 1-20 too, but for a caster, the Gnome, PDK, and (if it is going to be a warlock) Sun Elf PL's are all very worthwhile.  I can live without the Bladeforged and Shadar Kai on a caster build, but they don't hurt to have.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 4th, 2016 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 2nd, 2016 at 2:08pm:
The only issue with this is if you want the Iconic PL's.  I tend to prefer 1-20 too, but for a caster, the Gnome, PDK, and (if it is going to be a warlock) Sun Elf PL's are all very worthwhile.  I can live without the Bladeforged and Shadar Kai on a caster build, but they don't hurt to have.

Indeed, at this point the target is warlock so Sun Elf is first on my list.   I think I am going to go full-on 20 caster cleric for the iconic Sun Elf life/lives.  After seeing how that goes I'll decide if I want to throw on any more iconic/epic lives.  I put the 3 wiz lives on prior to leaving 3 years ago and so far now I've done 10/10 warlock/sorc split just to check out warlock and now I am on my second WF full sorc life which is just fireball all day with chain missles for fire resistant stuff.  Just pop a hireling and run through everything, well almost everything, but then you have these new quests like TOEE....
  One thing I was curious about with the new savant enhancements that knock down cold spells if you push up fire, do people still use any cold spells on a sorc or is it more common to go mostly into the fire line and when that is maxed push into air for lightning/chain lightning?  For heroics that is.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint