Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Anybody still alive using custom UI skins? (Read 7182 times)
Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Anybody still alive using custom UI skins?
Jun 1st, 2016 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Wanted to try out the old Blackbird and gothic F2B ui skins recently.
Apparently when hotbars are locked this shit happens to the main highlighted bar:

or this

Anybody have a clue how to fix/remove it? Maybe there is a part of code in Skindefinition.xml to adjust, or maybe its to delete some thing.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

PS.: In this video of EE Solo Peak on youtube, Berzerkus also using custom UI skin. Does someone know what it is?

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Re: Anybody still alive using custom UI skins?
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 4:08am
Print Post  
I am using Blackbird and probably yeah, occasionally stuff like that happens. I don't care much about it, still better than vanilla skin.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 8:30am
Print Post  
ok i dont know shit about skins because they're gay and retarded, however i was compelled to look into your issue since you arent

the skindefecation.xml file seems to have nothing defining coordinates or locations. the position change needs to occur in the image file. I would attempt the easier of these 2 options:

option1: locate a copy of the default skin's full.tga bar, and compare dimensions in pixels with blackbird/toolbars/full.tga. edit blackbird's full.tga so that the location of each box occurs at the same grid squares using pixels as your unit of measurement (also the highlight file will need a matching change)

option2: determine which direction your blackbird's full.tga and full_highlight.tga must move and either add or remove one vertical line of pixels until you believe the icons are falling in the correct positions.

again i have no knowledge of ddos ui skins so this could be all wrong but i feel like its worth trying

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 1st, 2016 at 3:12am:
PS.: In this video of EE Solo Peak on youtube, Berzerkus also using custom UI skin. Does someone know what it is?

edit. NVM, skipped through the video a bit and noticed the red character sheet. Definitely not Cosmos Sad

I used to just grab skins from here unfortunately, it doesn't seem as though the skin in that video is one of these.
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2016 at 9:15am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 10:06am
Print Post  
could someone link my ass to a page where I can get some skin?

much appreciated
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2016 at 10:07am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 12:35pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Yet another thing that was nice in DDO before MoTU...

MoTU killed the skins, and despite the many people asking for an updated skinning set, Turbine has delivered nothing.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 1st, 2016 at 10:06am:
could someone link my ass to a page where I can get some skin?

much appreciated

gotchu bruh

https://newyork.craigslist.org/search/cas

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #8 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 11:26am
Print Post  
curious if you tried any of the offered solutions and what your results were

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #9 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 11:26am:
curious if you tried any of the offered solutions and what your results were

I tried looking at the TGA files with an editor, but since I've no clue what the fuck supposed to go where, I decided that it wasn't worth the trouble. Your hints are very close though, we just a person who worked with TGA files before and knows what is what...

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #10 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
i installed the latest version of blackbird and was unable to recreate what in your image appears to be an offset in icons. after further examination it appears that neither of our skins are using the actual toolbar from the skin. when i turn a toolbar sideways however, it does use the blackbird skin version.

based on the current information i would say they changed the assetid on horizontal bars, so its failing to load the proper image for the toolbar in both our experiences. but its also possible we have different skin versions, and mine has had incompatible files removed preventing the offset from occuring on my end, because i do not see any issue aside from the fact it isnt using the right toolbar skin.

what version of blackbird are you using and how can i recreate the issue you are experiencing? beyond that, what exactly is the issue anyway- the offset or the default toolbar or the colored outline?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #11 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 2:27pm:
what version of blackbird are you using and how can i recreate the issue you are experiencing? beyond that, what exactly is the issue anyway- the offset or the default toolbar or the colored outline?

it was the latest version, for sure.
and the colored outline was the problem. I found that it goes away when I try switching hotbars back and forth.

Also, the guy replied on Youtube, he's using "Info blue" skin made by Backley. I DL'd it and works, no offset or stupid colored outline. Has a very distinctive blue border for the spells. I like it very much.

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 11:36am
Print Post  
I've been using Info Blue for a few years, before that I was using Blackbird.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #13 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 5:17pm:
the colored outline was the problem. I found that it goes away when I try switching hotbars back and forth.

glad to hear you found infoblue to be a better alternative. for the sake of completeness (the vault is the number one ddo troubleshooting site after all) here is a solution to your blackbird specific issue.

if those colored outlines (highlight) bother you, you can either delete the tga files that add them or remove their entries in skindefinitions.xml

"full_highlight.tga" im fairly certain is the file in question. open them in gimp to confirm if you are unsure. it should look liek a yellow or red 1-2 pixel thick rectangle about the length and height of a hotbar. might be vertical components as well.

i would search the xml file for each instance of "highlight" view each hit in gimp, and delete ones that appear hotbar specific

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #14 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  
i agree

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint