Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Reaper Overlevel Restriction in new Lama build (Read 22020 times)
platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reaper Overlevel Restriction in new Lama build
Jan 24th, 2017 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
New U34 Lama release notes just posted.

Characters cannot enter a quest on Reaper Difficulty if they are more than two levels of the base challenge rating of the dungeon or raid. Characters also cannot enter Reaper dungeons if they are Epic level and the dungeon is not.

So we have to TR to run most reaper content now. OK TR to farm reaper stuff now.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Re: Reaper Overlevel Restriction in new Lama build
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
I think I'm ok with that. You'd see massively over level groups to get reaper stuff from lower level quests defeats the purpose.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Yeah.  This will limit all the  "I soloed 10 skulls on day one" stuff where the toon is capped in a level 20 dungeon. 

I'm good with this although given how weak ranged builds and caster builds are early on, it will be interesting.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 10:52pm:
Yeah.  This will limit all the  "I soloed 10 skulls on day one" stuff where the toon is capped in a level 20 dungeon. 

I'm good with this although given how weak ranged builds and caster builds are early on, it will be interesting. 

You don't think DC builds will perform well enough in early & mid-levels ash? the benefits of multiple past lives carries a lot of weight those first 15 levs.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
The mobo forum tears on this one are awesome.  Some seriously butthurt people who were all excited about owning 10 skulls heroic content with capped toons and farming twink mythic + reaper gear.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #5 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:13pm:
You don't think DC builds will perform well enough in early & mid-levels ash? the benefits of multiple past lives carries a lot of weight those first 15 levs. 

Don't get me wrong, they can definitely do it.  But spell point pools tend to be shit early on.  And there aren't a lot of great CC spells early in the game. 

Divines don't get Greater Command till level 9/10.  Until then, it is a steady diet of single target Command and your only AoE is Soundburst stuns for CC.

Arcanes at least get Hypnotism, Sleep, Web, Ottos Dance, Hypnotic Pattern at levels 1 and 2.  Several of which are AoE.

Instakill doesn't show up till Slay living at level 9/10 for divines or PK for arcanes at level 7/8.   

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:32pm
Print Post  

Asheras wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:20pm:
Hypnotism, Sleep, Web, Ottos Dance, Hypnotic Pattern at levels 1 and 2.  Several of which are AoE.

Much to the delight of our Mechanic overlords. improved traps 100% of DD, tier 2 and only 8 APs.

PKr's, Coup De'gace'rs, and Terrorbuilds pick up slack as well.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Fuck overlevel restrictions, they are gay, retarded and anti DnD.

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #8 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:13pm:
The mobo forum tears on this one are awesome.  Some seriously butthurt people who were all excited about owning 10 skulls heroic content with capped toons and farming twink mythic + reaper gear. 

You truly are stupid if you think this was a good decision. Are you in this year's PC by any chance?

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #9 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 6:05am
Print Post  
It's a brave decision. I doubt SS have the balls to stick to it. Easymode players likely will wear them down.

But I can hope they won't.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #10 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Lemming wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 2:44am:
You truly are stupid if you think this was a good decision. Are you in this year's PC by any chance?

Lhynn wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:08am:
Fuck overlevel restrictions, they are gay, retarded and anti DnD.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #11 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 8:36am
Print Post  

Unlike Memiors of an illusory larcener this is truly a choose your own adventure.  You can pick "Let's have an actual discussion of the merits of limiting reaper to at-level vs. over-level runs" (Option A) or "Let's keep trolling each other and acting like jackasses" (option B)

Option A:
How about giving a counter argument as to why it is a bad decision.  What would be the positives of allowing over-level reaper mode running?

Option B:
You cry like a little bitch.  It's not even here yet and you are want to make Reaper an easy button.  Chances are you are too scared or weak to be able to run it at level.  Sack up or shut up. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:32pm:
Much to the delight of our Mechanic overlords. improved traps 100% of DD, tier 2 and only 8 APs.

PKr's, Coup De'gace'rs, and Terrorbuilds pick up slack as well.

It might affect the leveling choices and gear choices though.  Like I said, will be interesting.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 8:36am:
Option A:
How about giving a counter argument as to why it is a bad decision.  What would be the positives of allowing over-level reaper mode running?

More retarded artificial difficulty, enemies at this point are just skins, as stats are largely interchangeable.
A game was that was born out of emulating reality with a set of rules has become a gamey piece of shit, and every time they push it in this direction it just becomes worse for it.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:01am by Lhynn »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 10:12am:
More retarded artificial difficulty, enemies at this point are just skins, as stats are largely interchangeable.
A game was that was born out of emulating reality with a set of rules has become a gamey piece of shit, and every time they push it in this direction it just becomes worse for it.

This is a legit concern that a lot of folks have felt going back to the enhancement pass, spell power/spell pass, and armor up/PRR and the changes to To-Hit away from the D20, and the addition of MP/RP to the game.

I'm still not sure what that has to do with allowing higher level toons into lower level reaper content.  It sounds like an argument against reaper in general.  Followed up with "This limitation is arbitrary and a lot of the other ones are arbitrary too, so I don't see any point in putting this one where they did".
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:16am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:28am
Print Post  
I was really hoping that Reaper would be scaled up versions of every quest playable at cap - or close to cap.

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #16 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:37am
Print Post  
What a fucking pack of crying bitches. Reaper is suppose to be fucking hard to do you fucking panty wastes. I can't believe all the moaning on the MoBo over this. I am glad those shit stains at SSG set the lock out at +2. Hell, I would have made it for at level.

Grow a sack you fucking cock gobblers and learn to fucking play or shut the fuck up. No one wants to watch you fucking do a 10 skull Durks run on your level 30 Barb.

Pardon my french.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:28am:
I was really hoping that Reaper would be scaled up versions of every quest playable at cap - or close to cap.

I get what you are saying.  All I really wanted was a new difficulty at cap that we could run.  So many builds are half baked in heroics and early epics.  I didn't really want more challenges in those level ranges.  I wanted to use 1-28 to acquire PL's so that the level 28-30 character would be ready for a challenge.  I enjoy the 1-28 process, but really the goal is a level 30 character that I can put to the test.  That's how I like to play.

But there were a whole horde of people who did want challenge all thru heroics and early epics.  People who don't stay at cap or some who never even do epics.  Just stay in heroics.  And they wanted more challenge too. 

I get why Turbine didn't scale every quest for Level 28-30 toons.  It doesn't match my play style or goals, but I get it.  And thus, why they have to limit the level 28-30 toons from rofl stomping the low level reaper 10 skulls for xp or reaper gear. 

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #18 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:41am
Print Post  
ELI5 Plox: So, Reaper will exist in heroic content? I thought it was only "end game" stuff.

Are you saying there will be a 10 Skull Reaper Cannith Crystal?  (If so, that would be really hard actually)

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #19 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  

I agree again with Ash ( oh dear )... putting an overlevel restriction in place for Reaper is good.

If you want to get raped do it at level or underlevel.

It might bring back the good old feel of the first year of DDO where people actually cared to be in groups and cared enough to make sure all the bases were covered in the group... because the game was unforgiving.

As I said several time : there's no bravery in doing a quest on Elite two level below the party/character level ( which if you do some Vault maths get it to the party level )... while it's brave to go in a quest 5 levels above the party level, with a full party.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #20 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Turd_Ferguson wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:37am:
Grow a sack you fucking cock gobblers and learn to fucking play or shut the fuck up. No one wants to watch you fucking do a 10 skull Durks run on your level 30 Barb.

Why do I get the feeling that many of those crying about not being able to do it...

Wouldn't Complete Cheesy

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:51am
Print Post  
I dunno if its been said or not, but this also provides some incentive for TR-junkies to spend a little time at cap. Grinding out gear is meh, but grinding out reaper benefits could be worthwhile. Plus, imagine all the awful puns we'll get to make!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #22 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:51am:
I dunno if its been said or not, but this also provides some incentive for TR-junkies to spend a little time at cap. Grinding out gear is meh, but grinding out reaper benefits could be worthwhile. Plus, imagine all the awful puns we'll get to make!

Hence forth Ghostbusters Online

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #23 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
It will limit some of the options for capped characters until there's more level 28 content. But overall I think it's a positive.

Like Flav mentioned it's going to make people think about party composition and maintain a few viable alts to help fill parties better.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:16am:
This is a legit concern that a lot of folks have felt going back to the enhancement pass, spell power/spell pass, and armor up/PRR and the changes to To-Hit away from the D20, and the addition of MP/RP to the game.

I'm still not sure what that has to do with allowing higher level toons into lower level reaper content.  It sounds like an argument against reaper in general.  Followed up with "This limitation is arbitrary and a lot of the other ones are arbitrary too, so I don't see any point in putting this one where they did".

Level is an abstraction, has no place anywhere but the character sheet. Certainly not allowing or disallowing passage or wielding items, but you are right in noting that that ship sailed long ago.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint