Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Reaper Overlevel Restriction in new Lama build (Read 22086 times)
Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Reaper Overlevel Restriction in new Lama build
Reply #25 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 8:36am:
Option A:
How about giving a counter argument as to why it is a bad decision.  What would be the positives of allowing over-level reaper mode running?

Poor phrasing.  Try these instead:

- What would be the positives of limiting groups in an already low server population to people within 2 levels of each other?

- What would be the positives of limiting groups in an already scarce higher level content to quests within 2 levels of where a player happens to be?
Just cutting and pasting from the wiki, here are the quests at L27 that a player at cap will not be able to run:
A Break In the Ice • Breaking the Ranks • Lines of Supply • The Tracker's Trap • What Goes Up

Do you think that these will lack challenge on 10 skulls for a group at level 30?  If so, perhaps the fault is not with over level players but with reaper mode challenge levels.

Asheras wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 8:36am:
Option B:
You cry like a little bitch.  It's not even here yet and you are want to make Reaper an easy button.  Chances are you are too scared or weak to be able to run it at level.  Sack up or shut up.

I'm kind of for it.  But there are significant downsides that you appear to be ignoring either through willful ignorance or just plain ignorance.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:20pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #26 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:28am:
I was really hoping that Reaper would be scaled up versions of every quest playable at cap - or close to cap.

this

i have no need to play cannith crystal on CR 15 instead of CR 3 on my lv 3 toon

i would have enjoyed running cannith crystal at CR 35 Legendary on capped toons

people have been asking for them to apply the tiered difficulty of challenges to quests of all levels

but they instead add elite version 2, now with mandatory bravery bonus. pigeon hole me bros, options are scary.  protect me from making decisions great liberal ddo devs.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #27 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Lemming wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 2:44am:
You truly are stupid if you think this was a good decision. Are you in this year's PC by any chance?

He is.  And he's fucking retarded.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #28 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 11:13pm:
The mobo forum tears on this one are awesome.  Some seriously butthurt people who were all excited about owning 10 skulls heroic content with capped toons and farming twink mythic + reaper gear. 

Fran is losing his shit.

That, alone, makes me support the over-level restriction.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #29 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:12pm:
Fran is losing his shit.

I don't think I'm reading the same posts as you. He's made some good points in favor of the lockout. At least it seems that way. While otherwise being Frantic about things.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #30 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:09pm:
He is.  And he's fucking retarded.

Careful, your butthurt is showing.    Grin Grin

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #31 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:27pm:
this

i have no need to play cannith crystal on CR 15 instead of CR 3 on my lv 3 toon

i would have enjoyed running cannith crystal at CR 35 Legendary on capped toons

people have been asking for them to apply the tiered difficulty of challenges to quests of all levels

but they instead add elite version 2, now with mandatory bravery bonus. pigeon hole me bros, options are scary.  protect me from making decisions great liberal ddo devs.

This was my hope as well. I thought it was supposed to fillout what "endgame" was now.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:36pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #32 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:28am:
I was really hoping that Reaper would be scaled up versions of every quest playable at cap - or close to cap.

+1

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #33 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:33pm:
Careful, your butthurt is showing.    Grin Grin

Sorry, I forgot to say he's gay and retarded.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #34 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Poor phrasing.  Try these instead:

- What would be the positives of limiting groups in an already low server population to people within 2 levels of each other?

- What would be the positives of limiting groups in an already scarce higher level content to quests within 2 levels of where a player happens to be?
Just cutting and pasting from the wiki, here are the quests at L27 that a player at cap will not be able to run:
A Break In the Ice • Breaking the Ranks • Lines of Supply • The Tracker's Trap • What Goes Up

Do you think that these will lack challenge on 10 skulls for a group at level 30?  If so, perhaps the fault is not with over level players but with reaper mode challenge levels.

I'm kind of for it.  But there are significant downsides that you appear to be ignoring either through willful ignorance or just plain ignorance.

I'm not ignoring these arguments.  Nor am I ignorant of them.  But the poster in question didn't present either of these arguments.  I'm not going to assume the objections from someone basically making a troll post.  If they want to pose a valid counter point, then I'd be happy to discuss.  But it is up to them to be able to do that.  As you are doing so, here is my response:

I think both arguments are valid and a concern that should be addressed.  There are little positives to such a tight limitation.  I agree that, especially in heroics and early epics, it limits grouping.   I would be fine with them changing it to quest level +4 to open up more options for grouping.  And removing the issue of level 20/21 not being able to run level 18/19 quests on reaper difficulty.  This would also line up the limitation with Epic BB.  Why make epic leveling groups more restrictive.  If you can get BB, you should be able to get Reaper XP.  I don't think that is unreasonable.  And 2 levels in this level range is nothing in terms of power.  Absolutely nothing. 

That would give you level 26 and 27 quests (all of wheelon, heart of madness, and stormhorns) at cap.  14 more quests.  That would give you 39 quests (not including raids) you could run on reaper mode with a capped character.

The negatives of allowing massively over-level characters to run quests way below their quest level is enough that there should be some barrier.  Especially if such runs will yield rewards (such as mythic/reaper loot and/or reaper XP).  I don't think the barrier needs to be where it is, though.

If they had scaled 10 skulls to be challenging to level 30 toons for all quests in the game, then making them accessible to level 30 toons would be fine.  They didn't do that, though.  I don't see the value in letting level 30 toons run level 1-20 quests on 10 skull when the quests aren't properly scaled for them.  Somewhere between "we can run them all" and "we can run only quest level +2" is a middle ground that makes some sense. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #35 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:38pm:
Sorry, I forgot to say he's gay and retarded.

Ooh.  Look at the ITG,kids.  Stop, stop.  You are hurting my feelings.  Lol.   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #36 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:02pm:
It will limit some of the options for capped characters until there's more level 28 content. But overall I think it's a positive.

Which is why despite my joy that the Devs have actually put a max level limit on Reapers I have also argued that that max level limit should follow BB and therefore Lvl 26+ would be open to Capped Characters rather than just 28+

There are 25 Lvl 28+ Quests not incl. Raids
Add Lvl 26/27 and you get another 14 - No more Raids though.
39 Quests and Multiple Raids should be more than enough for now and the Devs are going to be adding a number more over the course of this year for End-Gamers.

The number of LIES {"We thought Reaper was going to be End-Game content" "No-one's been asking for more difficulty while levelling" etc. etc.} being told on the forums today are just unbelievable!

The whinging and moaning about Reaper being too difficult from people who've long campaigned for more difficulty is astonishing!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #37 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Fran is losing his shit.

It doesn't take much to get Fran to lose and yes I support that was well but I don't see Fran running it even if he would take a level 30 toon into Harbor Reaper quests.

Frankly I am not sure he has any toon at 30 yet.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #38 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Fran is losing his shit.

hahahahahahahahahahaha!
Grin

I'M FOR IT YOU MORON!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #39 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
*Looks back at old Fran posts to make sure that Fran making sense now is not some strange mandella effect.*

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #40 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Instead of failing at figuring out how to implement new reaper-only enhancement trees, they should have spent that time failing at figuring out how to implement over-level player toon stat reductions based on the level of the quest.

The level restrictions seem heavy-handed. I guess they didn't know how to zero-out the special Reaper XP, the way normal XP does.

Arguments based on gear fall flat. That would be an entirely new philosophy for the game, yet enforced only on Reaper gear? No. They're trying out over-level restrictions because of something else they want to do, but smoothly incorporating it into existing game mechanics is too hard.

Lhynn wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 10:12am:
A game was that was born out of emulating reality with a set of rules has become a gamey piece of shit, and every time they push it in this direction it just becomes worse for it.

All new changes are just changes to Sev's WOWclone. I bet you sifted through the ashes of your barnfire so you could open the door, too.

Asheras wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 11:16am:
This is a legit concern that a lot of folks have felt going back to the enhancement pass, spell power/spell pass, and armor up/PRR and the changes to To-Hit away from the D20, and the addition of MP/RP to the game.

Was. The game quit resembling D&D with those changes. Now it's metastasized, and Reaper is just another round of chemo.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:46pm:
And removing the issue of level 20/21 not being able to run level 18/19 quests on reaper difficulty.

I'm not sure that they can or will ever do this.  It's not just a matter of flipping some switch which will allow a character at levels 19 and lower enter epic level content.  There are NPCs which literally will not offer you the quest if you aren't of a certain level.

Quote:
If you try to talk to him while at level 19 or lower, he will reply:

Agmont Juste: I'm sorry, I cannot speak with you now. I have duties to attend to.

I guess you could red box all of necro4 if they did open up the dungeons for simple entry.

Turbine staff has never liked to do work on old content, they can barely manage (more realistically, they do not manage) to keep to their own schedule for releasing new content, and much of what they do manage to release is buggy and unfinished.

I don't see SSG changing that since it's just the same people with a new company name.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:12pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
I have a pertinent question:

Why is Fran throwing around his opinion on Reaper mode?

It's the equivalent of Fran giving out his advice/opinion on dating women.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
I ran some quests with fran a couple weeks ago. He isnt nearly as retarded and clueless as youd think he would be from his forum posts.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #44 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:10pm:
I'm not sure that they can or will ever do this.  It's not just a matter of flipping some switch which will allow a character at levels 19 and lower enter epic level content.  There are NPCs which literally will not offer you the quest if you aren't of a certain level.

I guess you could red box all of necro4 if they did open up the dungeons for simple entry.

Turbine staff has never liked to do work on old content, they can barely manage (more realistically, they do not manage) to keep to their own schedule for releasing new content, and much of what they do manage to release is buggy and unfinished.

I don't see SSG changing that since it's just the same people with a new company name.

I think you misunderstood me.  I was referring to epic characters running heroic dungeons.  Not heroic characters running epic dungeons.

I think they said that epic characters cannot enter heroic dungeons on reaper.
Quote:
Reaper Difficulty

Over-level characters are not able enter quests on Reaper Difficulty. Characters cannot enter a quest on Reaper Difficulty if they are more than two levels of the base challenge rating of the dungeon or raid. Characters also cannot enter Reaper dungeons if they are Epic level and the dungeon is not.

That would mean that a level 20 character could not run a level 19 dungeon (amrath or IQ2 quests) on reaper.  They can run it on elite.  That would mean that to run Amrath on Reaper you would need a party of level 19 or below characters, while you can run it on elite for BB with level 21 and below characters.  That seems to be an unfair restriction.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Devs took a great idea and made it so convoluted trying to please everyone, it's just a terrible worthless joke waste of time now.

I'm already bored of it and haven't even played it.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #46 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
People will just grind early epics unless they uncouple reaper xp from base quest xp. So instead of people farming the same old dailies (Wiz King, Spies, Von3) at cap for reaper xp (the status quo for xp/min efficiency),...they will park their toon at level 24 and run the same old dailies until the reaper enhancements are full and then go grind out reaper gear at 30.

Asheras wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 3:38pm:
I think you misunderstood me.  I was referring to epic characters running heroic dungeons.  Not heroic characters running epic dungeons.

I think they said that epic characters cannot enter heroic dungeons on reaper.

The game considers 18 on elite and 19 on hard "epic" for XP purposes.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #47 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
hahahahahahahahahahaha!
Grin

I'M FOR IT YOU MORON!

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut on occasion.

Grats!

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 2:57pm:
Instead of failing at figuring out how to implement new reaper-only enhancement trees, they should have spent that time failing at figuring out how to implement over-level player toon stat reductions based on the level of the quest.

Fuck off with that retarded shit.

Quote:
All new changes are just changes to Sev's WOWclone. I bet you sifted through the ashes of your barnfire so you could open the door, too.

No idea what you just said.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #49 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
hahahahahahahahahahaha!
Grin

I'M FOR IT YOU MORON!