Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shiradi MM spammer Question (Read 4513 times)
zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Shiradi MM spammer Question
Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Hey guys, it has literally been years since i played a shiradi MM spammer...

I know the next best thing to sliced bread is the 10/6/4 undead split and also the wizzy 13/4/3 or 15/3/2 split from sestra...

If i want sorc for airdance (wings) and faster casting speed will a 13 sorc/3 lock/4 fvs split be so fucking garbage compared to the above versions that it will be joke? ...will likely use either 3pc abishai or arcane gloves + fvs enhancement for caster lvls...we will see...

Is it workable?

Not really sure how easy/hard it is in current repaer to keep MoK fuly charged with the splits above?

Basically i love the sorc casting speed and air dance...but can that still make a useful shiradi?

Or has shiradi proces been nerfed so bad that without arcane supramacy and fully charegd MOK they are shit??
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:19am by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Shiradi MM spammer Question
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:16am:
Hey guys, it has literally been years since i played a shiradi MM spammer...

I know the next best thing to sliced bread is the 10/6/4 undead split and also the wizzy 13/4/3 or 15/3/2 split from sestra...

If i want sorc for airdance (wings) and faster casting speed will a 13 sorc/3 lock/4 fvs split be so fucking garbage compared to the above versions that it will be joke? ...will likely use either 3pc abishai or arcane gloves + fvs enhancement for caster lvls...we will see...

Is it workable?

Not really sure how easy/hard it is in current repaer to keep MoK fuly charged with the splits above?

Basically i love the sorc casting speed and air dance...but can that still make a useful shiradi?

Or has shiradi proces been nerfed so bad that without arcane supramacy and fully charegd MOK they are shit??

Is it workable?  Most likely, yes.  Will it be good in reaper?  Probably not.  Reaper is for min/max'd meta builds and toons.

Keeping MoK charged isn't too bad once you get into the routine of when and where to use Arcane Blast, regardless of content.  If anything, Reaper may make it easier since the mobs will take longer to die.

In the end though, any shiradi build without T5 archmage will be roughly 90 spell power and 60 spell crit damage less than one with MoK.  Every 78 seconds it is also 25% lower on spell crit chance and 100% lower on spell crit damage on top of the MoK advantages.

Part of what makes the undead shiradi so good is that you can time your death aura (healing) for when Arcane Supremacy is active and it retains that level of spell power, crit chance and crit damage which means it constantly heals you to full in 1 to 2 tics assuming you're geared properly. 

This plus high power Negative Energy Bursts and a decent level of PRR, fortification, dodge and displacement means you're virtually unkillable unless something can one-shot you.  Giving up MoK and Arcane Supremacy will have a noticeable impact on the healing aspect.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 5:42pm:
Is it workable?  Most likely, yes.  Will it be good in reaper?  Probably not.  Reaper is for min/max'd meta builds and toons.

Keeping MoK charged isn't too bad once you get into the routine of when and where to use Arcane Blast, regardless of content.  If anything, Reaper may make it easier since the mobs will take longer to die.

In the end though, any shiradi build without T5 archmage will be roughly 90 spell power and 60 spell crit damage less than one with MoK.  Every 78 seconds it is also 25% lower on spell crit chance and 100% lower on spell crit damage on top of the MoK advantages.

Part of what makes the undead shiradi so good is that you can time your death aura (healing) for when Arcane Supremacy is active and it retains that level of spell power, crit chance and crit damage which means it constantly heals you to full in 1 to 2 tics assuming you're geared properly. 

This plus high power Negative Energy Bursts and a decent level of PRR, fortification, dodge and displacement means you're virtually unkillable unless something can one-shot you.  Giving up MoK and Arcane Supremacy will have a noticeable impact on the healing aspect.

First off its not giving up MoK that's killing you... since you can take the 24 feat and charge it with hellball perfectly fine at least for the moment that is. Second, arcane supremacy is a big hightlight reel (as in big numbers, little impact towards overall dps) of Tier 5 archmage but it isn't what makes archmage op. Its all the spellpower and spell crit in tiers 1-4, as well ofc packaged together with nice shinies for shiradies: slas, etc.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:56am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 6:05pm:
...since you can take the 24 feat and charge it with hellball perfectly fine at least for the moment that is.

Hellball charging MoK is already on the shortlist to be nerfed if it hasn't already been on Lama.  And if it's nerfed on Lama, it will be rolled to live in a week or so.  Why would you advise or argue for taking a feat that the build in question will soon have literally zero way to charge up?

hydra wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 6:05pm:
Second, arcane supremacy is a big hightlight reel (as in big numbers, little impact towards overall dps) of Tier 5 archmage but it isn't what makes archmage op. Its all the spellpower and spell crit in tiers 1-4, as well ofc packaged together with nice shinies for shiradies: slas, etc.

First, if you think Arcane Supremacy is little impact, you need to learn A) how to snapshot spells and B) how to time boosted ruins.  Ruins and Greater Ruins with action boosts + charged MoK + Arcane Supremacy are the caster version of furyshots.

Second, swapping out wizard levels for three warlock nearly evens out the spell power and crit bonuses.
  • Archmage (33 pts in tree) = 43 spell power, 14% force crit chance, 7% elemental crit chance
  • Warlock (28 pts between the three trees) = 41 spell power, 10% spell crit damage

Pretty close if you don't count Arcane Supremacy and MoK, especially if you factor in the increased spell point pool and faster spell rotations from sorcerer vs wizard.  If you count MoK and Arcane Supremacy though, it's no contest.

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:59am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 1:11am
Print Post  
It's on the short list you are right. But going to be a month or two before it gets fixed I'd be willing to bet. Wasn't on lamm last pass - also isn't a priority at the moment for the devs.

Arcane Supremacy is awesome in specific instances - it does a lot of healing / survivability -> undead. I can live without it though. The dps bump is nice - if can certainly boost ruin/gruin every 90 seconds for quite a lot. I'd say its 5-6% of the total dps of the build maybe less. Part 4 of shroud for instance you have to either time your arcane supremacy perfectly to not proc on the first two waves of devils, or you have to not stack your MoK to utilize your arcane supremacy on harry. Situations like that make it less effective than you would think. Don't get me wrong exploiting the multiproc bug - its amazing to see full crit multi + 5+ procs of gruin. It puts furyshotters to shame.

Edit: hopefully that will clarify my points in the prior post. Also personally I'd recommend 10s/6 w/4 fvs (if doing reaper <5 skulls) otherwise I'd recommend sestra's new split 13 wiz/4 fvs/3 pally for partyplay / teamwork.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2017 at 1:13am by hydra »  

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Hey guys, thanks for the tips! Much appreciated!

If you wanna build a MM spammer for reaper 10 skull (if an MM spammer is even viable in 10 skull) .... and considering most people say you will get one-shot in 10 skull with say 100prr and 1500HP on a caster... could the following "full retard" spammer work:

11 Sorc, 6 wizzy, 3 lock : use both the 3pc abisahi set and DoJ gloves for caster levels (they stack i believe)...then use either 3 pc slavers + 2pc LGS or 5 pc slavers set in addition to the caster lvl gear...should all fit i beleive?

Could this work, or is it recommended to never go full retard like this split above?

I dont care about FvS just reward should have plenty of Spellpoints to spam shit and make it to the next shrine...the bugged maximise reduction from FvS and Wizzy trees are tempting though....

Just throwing ideas around here...maybe someone has tried this before?
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2017 at 3:58am by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:06am
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 3:21am:

If you wanna build a MM spammer for reaper 10 skull (if an MM spammer is even viable in 10 skull) .... and considering most people say you will get one-shot in 10 skull with say 100prr and 1500HP on a caster... could the following "full retard" spammer work:

11 Sorc, 6 wizzy, 3 lock : use both the 3pc abisahi set and DoJ gloves for caster levels (they stack i believe)...then use either 3 pc slavers + 2pc LGS or 5 pc slavers set in addition to the caster lvl gear...should all fit i beleive?

Could this work, or is it recommended to never go full retard like this split above?

I dont care about FvS just reward should have plenty of Spellpoints to spam shit and make it to the next shrine...the bugged maximise reduction from FvS and Wizzy trees are tempting though....

fvs isn't for just rewards its for the crit% and spellpower from scrouge as well as caster levels

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:16am
Print Post  
How to charge MoK with hellball? PM if you don't feel like posting

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:19am
Print Post  

Just go with Gold's 12/6/4. Not being a sorc sucks because the cooldown and casting speed of wizard is garbage. Not worth it for the critdamage you get from warlock (wizard split would be wiz/wlck/fvs instead of src/wiz/fvs, I guess). Or... stay with your warlock, it seems warlock on EA will be the best for reaper. DPS, acceptable cc and heals your partymates.

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:16am:
How to charge MoK with hellball? PM if you don't feel like posting

Have MoK feat...aim hellball at a pack of mobs...win...just make sure you eldrich aura is not active...i used to use it on Zori, pretty damn OP...but will be fixed in u34 i think...
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:41am by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:39am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:06am:
vs isn't for just rewards its for the crit% and spellpower from scrouge as well as caster levels

I know, but just reward and the bugged maximise reduction to 1sp surely is a damn nice perk of FvS too....

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 11:09am
Print Post  

If all you want to do is spam MM, this may work.   

If you plan on using Hellball, Ruin and Greater Ruin along with MM spam, you will wish you had Just Rewards and the dual Maximize reduction.  Plan B of course is bring lots of Mnemonic pots.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 11:09am:
If all you want to do is spam MM, this may work.   

If you plan on using Hellball, Ruin and Greater Ruin along with MM spam, you will wish you had Just Rewards and the dual Maximize reduction.  Plan B of course is bring lots of Mnemonic pots.

Let's be real: you are going to be going through ridic portions of pots regardless. Especially on reaper. Whether or not you have just rewards, etc. You basically should only play this build if you are willing to burn pots. Otherwise thrower is better imo for a dps toon in reaper.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2017 at 11:22am by hydra »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 11:26am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 11:20am:
Let's be real: you are going to be going through ridic portions of pots regardless. Especially on reaper. Whether or not you have just rewards, etc. You basically should only play this build if you are willing to burn pots. Otherwise thrower is better imo for a dps toon in reaper.

I was assuming that they would not be using metas on the MM spams.  It'd be mediocre DPS but with no hellballs, no ruins and a large enough spell point pool, they could probably limp from shrine to shrine.

Definitely wouldn't be my choice of a build, they're asking if it could be done and it can in theory.  I would personally never run a Shiradi spammer without Just Rewards.  I agree, there are better options for DPS in reaper than this idea.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2017 at 11:30am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
How do you multiproc ruin and greater ruin?  Or is it just a function of lag

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:45pm:
How do you multiproc ruin and greater ruin?  Or is it just a function of lag

There's no definitive answer for that. Mostly just a function of lag. Several players have their own systems that they think reliably increases the % rate of it happening though. Personally on average I get it to proc ~20% of the time unless there's a giant lag spike. In which case, my % goes up to something like 80%+.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #16 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 12:52pm:
There's no definitive answer for that. Mostly just a function of lag. Several players have their own systems that they think reliably increases the % rate of it happening though. Personally on average I get it to proc ~20% of the time unless there's a giant lag spike. In which case, my % goes up to something like 80%+.

Go post this on the official forums.  As multiple ruin procs greatly benefits the players, they would fix lag in a week.

Wait, nevermind.  They'd just make every mob in the game immune to Ruin.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint