Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U34 thrower build (Read 6563 times)
gimpforlife
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

U34 thrower build
Apr 4th, 2017 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Hi looking for updated thrower build

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: U34 thrower build
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 8:43am
Print Post  
you still play this game?

IP Logged

gimpforlife
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 8:43am:

Yes

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 8:43am:

No, I just use the tactics posted here to frighten women & children @ the mall...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 10:14am
Print Post  
First of all, we are on U35 now.  But U34 added reaper mode, U35 added racial TR.  Both of which switched the focus from making end game builds to running 1-20 the fastest way possible.  Since nobody is running high epics/legendary on high skulls, most builds from U29-U33 are still solid.

At least until enough people get 40-50 reaper points to spend and 20+ racial PL's to have the stat bumps and the extra racial AP to see how that might alter build options.  I'd say we are still a few weeks to a month away from that being prevalent. 

IP Logged

Nuncha
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 10:14am:
First of all, we are on U35 now.  But U34 added reaper mode, U35 added racial TR.  Both of which switched the focus from making end game builds to running 1-20 the fastest way possible.  Since nobody is running high epics/legendary on high skulls, most builds from U29-U33 are still solid.

At least until enough people get 40-50 reaper points to spend and 20+ racial PL's to have the stat bumps and the extra racial AP to see how that might alter build options.  I'd say we are still a few weeks to a month away from that being prevalent. 

Finished my 3 human lives over the weekend, bringing my total to 21. I still have DB, Helf, and WF left to do. The hardest part was deciding which toon to do it all with. Completionist may seem like a no-brainer but I had a Alt with 3Xranger and 3Xmonk lives and I wanted the extra damage because on repeater that is 21 extra damage. In the end I compromised and ground out two more ranger lives so my Comp had 3Xranger, 1Xmonk and started RR'ing. I haven't actually done very much reaper while RR'ing, it's just too much time waiting on people and added brain-farts when I can zerg elite. I still do when it's convenient, but it's the exception not the rule.

The stat bumps are alright but it's the extra racial AP that is the balls. It feels like an even bigger buff then the EPLs and IPLs which are huge. I'll be surprised if they don't try to nerf it somehow down the track.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #6 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  
gimpforlife wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 7:46am:
Hi looking for updated thrower build

the same builds that were boss before are boss now. If you have 10 extra racial AP, spend them on more damage or survivability (your choice) within the construct of the existing thrower builds. 14monk/6ranger for all around win, or 8/6/6 if you have 10 racial APs to get Racial AA and Kensei and Sniper shot.

It's that simple

IP Logged

Nuncha
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 11:42am:
the same builds that were boss before are boss now. If you have 10 extra racial AP, spend them on more damage or survivability (your choice) within the construct of the existing thrower builds. 14monk/6ranger for all around win, or 8/6/6 if you have 10 racial APs to get Racial AA and Kensei and Sniper shot.

It's that simple

You will find that after you have 6+ extra racial points the boss builds change because of the new builds you will find available. There is a lot more than increasing the dps and survivability to be had. Long story short you are in for a treat Jakeelala.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2017 at 12:35pm by »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
1.  Start with 6 Monk. 

2.  Add some combination 14 levels of more Monk, Ranger, Fighter or Rogue. 

3.  Spend your Action Points in Ninja Spy, Deepwood Stalker, Arcane Archer, Racial Arcane Archer, Kensai, Assassin or Mech. 

4.  Win.

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
How close is a thrower build to warlock for 1-20 R1 farming?

Id like the change but not if its too big...

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 1:09pm:
1.  Start with 6 Monk. 

2.  Add some combination 14 levels of more Monk, Ranger, Fighter or Rogue. 

3.  Spend your Action Points in Ninja Spy, Deepwood Stalker, Arcane Archer, Racial Arcane Archer, Kensai, Assassin or Mech. 

4.  Win.

Actually, the core of any decent shuriken build is Shuriken Expertise feat + 3 monk (ANT) + 6 ranger (Sniper Shot + Imbues), 11 of whatever.

You might be able to sub Fighter for Ranger but you have to go into the higher Kensai tiers to get the useful activated attacks vs core 3 for Sniper Shot.  Additionally, I remember some discussion about some of the Kensai stuff not working with thrown weapons but don't remember which and whether or not they were fixed.

goldgolem wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 3:07pm:

Shuriken builds are extremely backloaded powerwise.  They're "okay" in mid and lower heroics, but there are much better options.  They become decent somewhere around level 12-15 depending on feat order.   They become really strong at 20+. 

Keep in mind that shuri builds are heavily reliant upon high dex and BAB, which is hard to get in useful amounts until epics.  The destiny stuff like Whirling Wrists, Adrenalines, ranged power, SA die, etc. make a huge difference, too.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
goldgolem wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 3:07pm:

It is heroics.  You probably won't notice a difference.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #12 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You will find that after you have 6+ extra racial points the boss builds change because of the new builds you will find available. There is a lot more than increasing the dps and survivability to be had. Long story short you are in for a treat Jakeelala.

The AP spread will be variable but 10 racial AP do not make any other thrower build that isn't 14/6 or 12/6/2 or 8/6/6 (Monk or Fighter 8, I'm partial to Monk) viable as fas as DPS builds in Fury go. If you want to try some LD build like 5Foot does there may be other splits but that's not really my focus.

For DC oriented throwers (Terror Arrow, etc), many different splits are now possible. I would ask that you be more specific. Any Fury DPS build will still require: 6 Ranger (Sniper Shot) and either Elf or Half Elf for racial capstone/40% Doubleshot. You will of course also need 6 Monk at a minimu for 10k. That only leaves 1 open class for a 3 class split, and up to 8 levels. Or of course more ranger or monk levels. 10AP isn't changing that at all, it just bends the power curve for the existing builds.

Again, if you mean for a build that isn't focused on raw DPS in Fury then yes, I am also theorycrafting some of those for things like max level drains, and DCs. But there was no clear boss version of DC throwers to begin with.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
For a terror/DC build I would now probably try something like:

21 AP: 12 Ftr (Power surge)
6 AP: 7Mnk (10K)
3 AP:1 Warlock(Debuffs)
41 AP:Helf AA
4 +(10)AP: Helf AACapstone
85 AP

IP Logged

Nuncha
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 5:00pm:
I am also theorycrafting

Which is why you seem intent on banging the drum for the build you have been flogging on the DDO forums for the last three years I guess. Do yourself a favor, stop theory crafting and Get the 7-9 extra AP on a toon in game. Maybe then you will know enough to post some practical insights on what became available to it instead of endlessly hyping the same build you've tried to build a rep on man.

No joke, get the extra AP and see.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #15 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Which is why you seem intent on banging the drum for the build you have been flogging on the DDO forums for the last three years I guess. Do yourself a favor, stop theory crafting and Get the 7-9 extra AP on a toon in game. Maybe then you will know enough to post some practical insights on what became available to it instead of endlessly hyping the same build you've tried to build a rep on man.

No joke, get the extra AP and see.

you're a faggot I have 7 RR PL's already but I dont have unlimited timer resets or stones so unless you do you're completely full of shit. If you do, good for you. You still haven't posted shit except to bait me so fuck off or post a build

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #16 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
I'd also like to add getting AP in game MAKES ZERO DIFFERENCE in creating build. There are no enhancements available magically in game that are not available to theorycraft out of game when you have racial AP. There may be exploits that are available with racial AP points, but that's different than just making a build.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
If you have the racial action points:

I'd do something like this -
8/6/6 w/ helf / arcane archer capstone (if you can tolerate loss of abundant step - i wouldn't suggest it)
12/6 ranger/2 pal w/ helf (grabbing kta, shadow veil/fade, harper dex, sniper shot, final strike, slayer arrow)

Honestly my dps calcs put them roughly equal (assuming 10 extra AP) w/ 8/6/6 now slightly ahead (<5%). Loss of abundant step pulls in 12/6/2 as my target reaper build. Alternatively you can drop 2 pal for 2 fighter or 2 more monk. I like the saves.

Regardless, I'm never going to have more than 4 extra AP on my thrower. I'm making decent progress on my main / dc caster though.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 5:38pm:
you're a faggot I have 7 RR PL's already but I dont have unlimited timer resets or stones so unless you do you're completely full of shit. If you do, good for you. You still haven't posted shit except to bait me so fuck off or post a build

I know someone who has 11 or 12 iirc. But I think they used 2 timer resets from long ago. I've always thought reincarnation timer was retarded. If I can level in 1 day, why make me wait 3.... its not like I'm going to do 20-30 content when it literally does nothing for me.

IP Logged

Nuncha
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 5:38pm:

You sound just like Lyhnn, grow up. What is it with you two that you get your panties in a twist and call people a faggot when people disagree with you? Pretty insecure that's for sure. I go out of my way to be gentle, I made a post saying how great the extra AP is and that you were in for a treat and you just can't help but reflex-vomit that whole shtick about how your build is best even though you have no in game experience to back it up, I mean by your own admission you only have 2 extra AP so far. Not to mention that now that you have tacked your delicate little ego to it you won't admit how fucking amazing it is when you finally get around to earning more. And how pathetic is it that you try to give me shit for having more lives finished than you? I mean come on man, 1-20 is a sprint for established toons with pots, books, vip, augs, and most long timers like us have a pile of resets gathering dust in the bank. Not to mention that fact that I have a decent job and I can easily spend more going out on the piss then I spend TP and  boxes. But by all means go ahead and act like a jealous little toad, and keep reposting all the same old shit in an attempt to foster this fiction of you being some master builder so you can shove your rehashed theory crafting based bullshit down the throat of some poor unsuspecting victim like gimp4life who was looking for real input.

At least the others gave him some good feedback instead of trying to hype themselves like you always try to.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #20 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You sound just like Lyhnn, grow up. What is it with you two that you get your panties in a twist and call people a faggot when people disagree with you? Pretty insecure that's for sure. I go out of my way to be gentle, I made a post saying how great the extra AP is and that you were in for a treat and you just can't help but reflex-vomit that whole shtick about how your build is best even though you have no in game experience to back it up, I mean by your own admission you only have 2 extra AP so far. Not to mention that now that you have tacked your delicate little ego to it you won't admit how fucking amazing it is when you finally get around to earning more. And how pathetic is it that you try to give me shit for having more lives finished than you? I mean come on man, 1-20 is a sprint for established toons with pots, books, vip, augs, and most long timers like us have a pile of resets gathering dust in the bank. Not to mention that fact that I have a decent job and I can easily spend more going out on the piss then I spend TP and  boxes. But by all means go ahead and act like a jealous little toad, and keep reposting all the same old shit in an attempt to foster this fiction of you being some master builder so you can shove your rehashed theory crafting based bullshit down the throat of some poor unsuspecting victim like gimp4life who was looking for real input.

At least the others gave him some good feedback instead of trying to hype themselves like you always try to.

I spoke about 3 Fury builds in my thread (claiming none of them), and then proceeded to offer ideas on at least one more specific DC/Terror build.

You so far have added nothing except some sort of hint that you know something, and then a bunch of shit talking about me.

Fuck all the way off.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #21 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 6:41pm:
If you have the racial action points:

I'd do something like this -
8/6/6 w/ helf / arcane archer capstone (if you can tolerate loss of abundant step - i wouldn't suggest it)
12/6 ranger/2 pal w/ helf (grabbing kta, shadow veil/fade, harper dex, sniper shot, final strike, slayer arrow)

Honestly my dps calcs put them roughly equal (assuming 10 extra AP) w/ 8/6/6 now slightly ahead (<5%). Loss of abundant step pulls in 12/6/2 as my target reaper build. Alternatively you can drop 2 pal for 2 fighter or 2 more monk. I like the saves.

Regardless, I'm never going to have more than 4 extra AP on my thrower. I'm making decent progress on my main / dc caster though.

When 8/6/6 can have racial AA, Sniper and Kensei Multi, it's Doubleshot is only 30% lower during 10k from Monk levels, and Dex is equal. It should be a good deal more than 5% ahead of 14/6 with the crit multi. It will of course lose abundant step however.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
opportunity cost of taking fighter enhancements - also there's now a way to get helf crit on bows to function correctly Tongue

You lose something from ninja spy, harper, or dws (if you want to grab some more points in there).

Honestly it's not that big of a deal. I have it on good authority throwers are going to be nerfed within the next couple patch cycles (don't know what in particular but I've been told its not imbues). Which means builds are going to need to be readjusted, etc.

Personally abundant step provides a lot of utility and its a lot of fun. As long as I'm able to kill shit with reasonable speed, I'll stick with the build I prefer Smiley

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:30pm:
Actually, the core of any decent shuriken build is Shuriken Expertise feat + 3 monk (ANT) + 6 ranger (Sniper Shot + Imbues), 11 of whatever.

You might be able to sub Fighter for Ranger but you have to go into the higher Kensai tiers to get the useful activated attacks vs core 3 for Sniper Shot.  Additionally, I remember some discussion about some of the Kensai stuff not working with thrown weapons but don't remember which and whether or not they were fixed.

That I disagree with as I don't like giving up 10k which you need 6 Monk for....
All the fighter active shots work with shuriken.
Racial AA + Kensai crit + Assasin's Trick is quite strong.
Tier 5 in Kensai is functional for Fury (x4 crit w/ A Good Death), but doesn't allow you to swap to bows with the active shots as it only works with chosen foucs.
Tier 5 NS + Kensai crit +Mech and Assasin wrecks shit in Shadowdancer.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #24 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 11:07am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Apr 5th, 2017 at 9:25am:
That I disagree with as I don't like giving up 10k which you need 6 Monk for....
All the fighter active shots work with shuriken.
Racial AA + Kensai crit + Assasin's Trick is quite strong.
Tier 5 in Kensai is functional for Fury (x4 crit w/ A Good Death), but doesn't allow you to swap to bows with the active shots as it only works with chosen foucs.
Tier 5 NS + Kensai crit +Mech and Assasin wrecks shit in Shadowdancer.

T5 in Kensei was great on trash in my experience, and brutally slow on red names. YMMV.

If you want to run in Fury and don't take Sniper Shot...I'm sorry but you don't know what you're doing or you're a casual. Ditto losing Slayer Arrow.

The SA damage build you mention is strong'ish, and very good for consistent DPS output. It totally lacks the burst of a proper Fury build IMO. It would have something like a 50-60 second red kobold time, I would guess. 5Foot may have tested something similar, and will probably claim 38 seconds or something.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint