Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Heroic TR Gear (Read 7255 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Heroic TR Gear
Reply #25 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Dumbest thing I ever did.....

Long while back I participated in Dupapalooza... made an absolute shit ton of all the green steel and Cannith Alchemical mats. Finally had pretty much everything I could ever want (shoulda made more Cannith Challenge items.. but hindsight being 20/20... oh well).

Was telling a friend I was pretty much ready for anything, and he laments the only thing he wasn't able to find was air shards. So I gave him 1 of each.. walked him through how to breed them like guppies, and he promptly drops off the face of the earth. It's a couple days later I realize I didn't give him an Exquisite Air, I gave him my whole godamn stack....
He starts playing a couple weeks later on another toon.. I ask him where he's been. Apparently he got caught with that dumbshit Cuisinart duping Astral Shards and lost his account, along with the shards, AND all the gear I had loaned him....

Wasn't able to find another Exquisite before they fixed it *mutter*, So now I have everything but that one shard
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:59pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:38pm:
Most of the best twink gear currently is heroic version of named items out of recent quest packs, starting around u24 or so. But yeah, if you want a more or less universal set, you should cannith craft or slave craft most of it.

That is what I did for TRing.   

I crafted a full set of new CC gear for every 5 levels starting at 5 going up to 25.  That way, as I level, I can drop the current set into the shared bank, grab the next ML version of the same set and keep going without spending hours playing gear tetris, farming crap quests for items that are only useful to a couple builds, etc.

It gives level appropriate bonuses to all stats with a few slots allowing some flexibility and customization specific to the exact build (spellpower type, spell focus, etc.)  At level 10 and onward, you get the insightful bonuses on the CC gear, too.  A gear template like that is more than enough to get you all the way to 28+ where you get the good named items.  The gear templates are even better if you plan ahead and use a few semi-universal named items that have a lot of bang for the buck.

Items universal to all archetypes:
Mysterious Bracers/Cloak at 7.  Exceptional Healing Amp and Insightful MRR.  Upgrade to the level 14 and 21 versions of the same when possible.

Notable named items for melee and ranged builds:
Animated Rope at 17.  Dodge, SA bonus, Combat Mastery.  Swap out for Epic version at 28.   
Ring of Prowess at 17.  Melee/ranged power, Deadly, Accuracy.  Swap out for Epic version at 28.
Executioner's Helm at 8.  Relentless Fury, Seeker.  Swap to Epic version at 28.

Haven't gotten around to fleshing out the named items for leveling caster TRs yet but the idea is the same.
« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:27pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #27 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:59pm:
Wasn't able to find another Exquisite before they fixed it *mutter*, So now I have everything but that one shard

Just think of all the alchemical crafting you still wouldn't bother to do....

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint