Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Getting ready to TR, what do we know about bugs? (Read 10983 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Getting ready to TR, what do we know about bugs?
Aug 24th, 2017 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Seems I'll be TRing again in a day or so, any tims on dodging the scary TR cache bug? Last time they only gave me back 3 items...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Re: Getting ready to TR, what do we know about bugs?
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
I say fuck it and tr... Youll be all good..  Cheesy

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Not that I've ever looked at the code (nor have they, apparently), but I could take a couple of guesses about what it is.

I don't think it matters what you do.  It's possible a less-populated time would be better (hah?), but if you're rolling dice, I think the difference between that and primetime is less than the odds of getting an SoS and the scroll, seal, and shard in the same session.

DO IT

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2017 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
It is just like getting singled out in hoarders. Only in the DDO version there isn't some pschcyobabbleist there asking if you are sure you don't want to toss that dog turd from ten years ago because it has sentimental value.

In the DDO version you just come home to a clean house, dog turds be damned.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Aug 24th, 2017 at 11:42pm:
singled out in hoarders

Grin  There's a story here, but I'm sure I don't want to ask.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 2:46am
Print Post  
One thing. Dont empty your gache on the ship. I take allways kundarak bank. Never lost one item. After almost 50 tr's or more.... 3 racials to do for ultimate comp. Again  Cool

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 5:39am
Print Post  
^ fucking empty your 'gache' wherever .......

Chuck every bta ingredient and item you have into shared, don't rush the process and pray - foolproof method  Cheesy

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 5:42am
Print Post  
stuff reaper pansophic into shared bank, log out before reincarnating.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 6:00am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 5:42am:
log out before reincarnating.

Dafuq do you mean log out before reincarnating?

Are there different ways of reincarnating w/o logging out I'm not aware of?

Or did you mean to say "quit" as in quitting the client, but had a brainfart and typed "log out"?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 5:39am:
^ fucking empty your 'gache' wherever .......

Chuck every bta ingredient and item you have into shared, don't rush the process and pray - foolproof method  Cheesy

There is no spoon.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 6:05am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 5:42am:
stuff reaper pansophic into shared bank, log out before reincarnating.

There is no reaper pansophic circlet.  It's a lie.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #11 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 6:00am:
Dafuq do you mean log out before reincarnating?

Are there different ways of reincarnating w/o logging out I'm not aware of?

Or did you mean to say "quit" as in quitting the client, but had a brainfart and typed "log out"?

yes. quit.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Reincarnating is DDO's version of Russian roulette.

I've done 50+ TR across my toons, and once had all ED XP wiped out.  Cordovan just yesterday posted that fixing this is "top priority" but they've ignored the disappearing loot/XP/tomes for more than four years.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 8:45am
Print Post  
The dev team is just straight up retarded. Not even name calling here. They break things in an attempt to fix something which ultimately does not get fixed anyway. Think of the swf and twf line of feats being exclusive of each other. Why the fuck was that even added? In some shitty effort to stop wolves? But they didn't fucking know ranger auto grants them? And then they are selectable after anyhow?

Why didn't they fix wolves instead of taking away feat choices? Maybe I wanted to get both lines on my fighter and swap equipment around on a per quest basis? Not that I would, but the option should be there. And the window lickers on the mobos would only use this as an example of how players using exploits ruins it for everyone. No, nigga! The players didn't decide to make the weapon lines exclusive, the devs fucked up, like they always do.

I have not a single thought that makes me think they will fix tr issues. I have lost numerous citw weapons on my original account. And only citw weapons from what I could tell. Just recently I lost my fate tome +1 on an epic reincarnation. Guess I was lucky it wasn't all my tomes....
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2017 at 8:46am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Just empty your inventory and bank of any unbound or BtA stuff that is really sweet (slavers crafted gear comes to mind and most of the more recent named items.  Also some older stuff that's still useful for leveling like stalker rings).  Limit your exposure.

Then, when you reincarnate, just stand on the beach for 5 minutes.  Don't move or do anything.  After 5 min, open your inventory.  If your inventory is empty, then start playing.  If you still see items, wait some more. 

Don't do shit until your inventory is empty.  I do that and I've not lost anything yet.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #15 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Yea the sitting at the beach thing seems legit.. it makes the noise like youre putting stuff on and says burdoned or something like that.. and starts moving thing in your inv..

I manually do my hotbars anyways so im usually there for a lil while and havent ever lost everything..

I have lost a few items but its the same item on each toon.. its wierd.. but that might help with items..

As for tomes and eds and all that... I think its just pretty random shit luck when that goes down and not much you can do.. i think when rubbins did his where he lost the tome of fate is was unprime time at shit hrs.. so idk if thatll help either..

Ive tred my main.. at the very least 120x so far.. not sure how much more and I havent lost anything. I did throw an iconic armor out that i thought i could get again tring... but thats all for lost shit on that toon and that was my bad..

my other 3 more played toons are all completionist but only one is an epic completionist so they dont have a shitload of lives but a fair amount.. and ive only lost 3 items.. all items from gh raids for some reason.. and ive never lost eds/tomes. And when i tr im not doing some wierd ritual or anything.. I cap, empty bank, then tr.. no logging out or anything like that.

In the end.. as for losing stuff... im pretty sure its just like a lot of other stuff in the game... a roll of the dice
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2017 at 12:14pm by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Your cache is re-populated when your new reincarnate is spawned onto the beach. That's the burden you see. Now, you can choose to be a retard and quickly talk to Jeets and zone in to Korthos, which stands the chance of losing shit and toon breakage, or you can just hang out for a minute on the beach and let the process complete.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 10:27am
Print Post  
+1 Rubbins.

Asheras wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 9:25am:
Then, when you reincarnate, just stand on the beach for 5 minutes.  Don't move or do anything.  After 5 min, open your inventory.  If your inventory is empty, then start playing.  If you still see items, wait some more.

Obviously it's all about the beach because no one has ever lost tomes/XP/items from ETRs or ITRs.

Quote:
Don't do shit until your inventory is empty.  I do that and I've not lost anything yet.

Superstitious voodoo bullshit. The plural of anecdote is not data.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 10:27am:
Superstitious voodoo bullshit. The plural of anecdote is not data.

I never said it was data.  The guy asked for suggestions on dodging the TR Cache bug.  I gave him some suggestions.  They've worked for me so far on 100+ reincarnations since 2009.  Better than your repetitive "the plural of anecdote is not data" crap.  You posted it on the MoBo too.  Guess you think it is insightful or witty. 

Carpone wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 10:27am:
Obviously it's all about the beach because no one has ever lost tomes/XP/items from ETRs or ITRs.

Did you miss the part where the OP asked about the TR cache bug?  Not the lost tomes/XP bug?  Try to keep up.  The plural of clueless is, apparently, Carpone.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
+1 ash  Grin

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 10:23am:
Your cache is re-populated when your new reincarnate is spawned onto the beach. That's the burden you see. Now, you can choose to be a retard and quickly talk to Jeets and zone in to Korthos, which stands the chance of losing shit and toon breakage, or you can just hang out for a minute on the beach and let the process complete.

That should be reproduceable then.  Get an alt, load them up with shit you can lose (keep track), and as soon as you hit the beach, run like a mutha.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #21 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 12:47pm:
That should be reproduceable then.  Get an alt, load them up with shit you can lose (keep track), and as soon as you hit the beach, run like a mutha.

The number of reported instances suggests that it is not that simple.  Given that there are thousands of TR's weekly and maybe one or two experience this problem, it is a "perfect storm" style event.  A combination of factors.  Some of which may be real time factors that are harder to replicate in a single test cycle (load based factors, for example)

Who knows what all those factors are.   You would need detailed logging to track the variables and identify the relevant factors.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 2:52pm:
You would need detailed logging to track the variables and identify the relevant factors.   

Guess it'll never be fixed then!

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 4:21pm:

Its rare enough that the simple solution would be "Give people back (some) of what they lost" - and for a while SSG was doing 10-12 items, pretty generous and probably enough for most folks. Now that they've scaled it back to 3 its pretty annoying.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #24 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 4:21pm:

Who knows.  That's why I'd advocate for eliminating the TR cache vs. trying to fix the process that happens during TR that creates it. 

If moving stuff from inventory/bank to the TR cache is flawed and the items are getting lost, don't do that anymore.  Find a different solution.  Just let everyone buy up to 120 more personal bank tabs, don't reset the coin lords or Kundarak inventory/bank pages on TR and don't move items from inventory or bank into a cache on TR.  Now you are fine.  If you want to keep all your items in inventory/bank when TR'ing, fine, pay for more bank tabs to hold all your shit.  Or move them to mules and shared bank.  Idc.  No more TR cache creation.  No more lost inventory. 

Now you still have to fix the tome loss and the ED xp loss issues.  But, those seem to be a bit easier to document with a screen shot and they seem to be more willing to give those back.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2017 at 5:26pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint