Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Epic Gear for Monk (Read 12710 times)
Arganthonius
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Epic Gear for Monk
Dec 10th, 2017 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I have a (currently level 23) traditional TWF monk. All of my gear right now is heroic level, with some of it being as low as ML 12. What basic pieces of epic gear throughout the full level 20-30 range should I be gunning for? I looked through the named handwraps but none of them seem as good as the HE Adamantine Knuckles I'm using now. I looked around for gear advice but most of it is either based around heroic or endgame, and it'll take a good long while to get things like TF or Storm's Harness.
Also, defensive gear so I can solo EH more easily, and, if there's a way to get some better AOE damage, (currently WA is my only option, and I don't have the STR for PA/Cleave/GCleave) that'd be great.
Thanks!

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Epic Gear for Monk
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Antipode handwraps for level 23-28 are good. Storm's Harness handwraps for level 29-30 seems to be the standard for those levels. The Morninglord handwraps from the sentient jewel/item guy right before you get to Barovia has some VERY nice handwraps to use against Undead. I threw my sentient jewel into those handwraps because of all the Ravenloft stuff I will be doing.

If I get time, I will post a list of some other things you should find useful as a Monk.
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2017 at 11:09am by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
I haven't updated my gear list for my monk in about 2 years. I am sure there is better gear out there for them by now.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Notable easy to get items from Ravenloft are:
Mantle of Fury (cloak)
Braided Cutcord (Belt)
Disciple of Dawn (cloth armor)
Both the mornlord and nightmother wraps
And then the wraps from Strahd and necklace from the hut raids (not as easy to get).

IP Logged

dragblood
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
I agree with what people say here, for a lot of the gear start with farming it from the quests like the robe from sunrise and morninglord handwraps and then upgrade to the ones from the raids as you get them

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint