Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Healbot itemmization (Read 2834 times)
Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Healbot itemmization
Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:39am
Print Post  
So I took some time to decide what I was going to use on my healbot. Char doesn't do anything but heal. It's a 3rd alt with no useful pl and reaper points. I did not want to include any raid gear on this list, except for LGS that you can farm on alts. Hands of the Dawn Healer isn't that hard to get and people pass to you if you are a good healer, but I'm not even flagged for Strahd yet. If I ever get it, I'll update the list. Would love to know what are other people running on their healers.

From head to goggles, clockwise:

Pansophic: insight potency 65, quality potency 15, 10% spellpoint discount
LGS Necklace: pom hp set
Trinket CC: Wis 15, Insight PRR 18, Protection 12
Cloak LGS: aom HP set
Plateshard Belt: Con 19, Fortitude 16, Knight set
Gloves of Innate Arcanum: Cha 19, Quality Cha 4, Wizardry 412, Mists set
Deathwarden: Deathblock, Heal Lore 29%, Exceptional Dev 10, Empower Heal II, Mists set
Flightfoot Greaves: FoM, Speed 30, Natural Armor 19, Reflex 16, Mists set
Ring Slaver: Sheltering 45, Devotion 185, Heal 22, Quality Con 4
Fallen Hero Bracers: Strength 19, Insightful Con 9, Quality PRR 12, Mists set
Platemail of Barovian: Fort 202%, Parrying 9, PRR 50, Profane Stats 2, Knight set
Feargaze Goggles: Linguistics 10%, Intimidate 22, Insight Intimidate 11, Knight set
LGS Mace: Positive 150, Amp 50, Amp 70, Affirmation
Mirrorplate Tower Shield: Spell Saves 16 (was missing will only, wich mostly are spells), Quality MRR 12, Block Elements 15%, Blocking Insight MRR 50, Mists set

Missing ghostly, dodge, some positive amp, some wisdom, some cha. These lacks come from using the Knight set, because the belt and goggles suck, but I think it's worth for the PRR and AC. The dodge I hope they open maabar for the clickie, while that doesn't happen I'll try to get enough from the Barricade Tree. I could also dump the protection 12 to a augment with 8, and put dodge in the CC trinket, not sure if it's worth it.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2018 at 10:55am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Sprout
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Healbot itemmization
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Option 1:
Swap the belt for the Legendary Many pouched belt of the healer gives better ins and Qual devotion which would allow you to get rid of the pansophic

Then  just switch to Halcyonia for your head piece for the magical efficiency and +2 Quality wisdom for Spellpoints and +1 will save.

You would also lose the knight set (20 PRR/MRR). But that would free up your goggles to put in Mentuu's for ghostly. A good trade IMO.

Option 2:
Replace the shield with the morninglords sceptre for slightly higher ipotency/qpotency. And swap the head for Halcyonia and the belt for the Legendary Silverthread Belt and the goggles for mentuu's

Again you give up the knights set and the very nice MRR bonus from the shield (which I am huge fan of), but you get better qpotency, better enh devotion, +2 QWis, ghostly, +11 dex for your reflex save. And your non devo spellpower would be higher. Especially negative.

It would also free up your ring slot and switch it from 185 Equip Devo to either another spellpower or maybe swpa it out all together.

In theory it would also give you options to replace the LGS mace. You could re-equip the shield at that point and give up the LGS. If you stick with the LGS you could swap it for (MRR35/healingamp50/37 Exceptional Devo)

either way you are trading off some survivability (especially MRR) for more spellpoints and spellpower.

Which is fine if you are doing LE or even low reaper where you wont have a ton of aggro and can self heal.

In mid-high reaper the spellpower/defense trade off definitely switches.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2018 at 4:17pm by Sprout »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
I log this char only for high skulls and raids. Literally only heal  and maybe tank. Some dozen devotion points are not going to make it any better than the extra PRR and MRR. Not using a shield on a cleric I think is crazy, unless if you are a DC caster too. The knight set also gives 10% AC.

IP Logged

Sprout
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Got it. I actually agree on the need for PRR and MRR in high reaper, even for a pure healer.

You indicated in the initial post that you were healing only. Being a pure healer in raids and high reaper is almost exclusively about sp reserves and conservation (using the right heal for the job).

For Reaper you have the additional aspect of self healing and how to mitigate the debuff.

In theory you should not even be getting aggro so you should only have to deal with AOE effects. (which is why I love the shield so much, that MRR bonus is amazing)

But depending upon the raid/dungeon and the toons other abilities (tomes, PL's, etc) it could be tough to keep you SP pool up. Baba is a good example of that. Strahd as well due to the shitty placement of the shrines. Amber can be tough as well due to the sheer length of it. To fix that you either need to buff your Devo SPwr or you wisdom for spellpoints.

If you are focusing more on survivability, you should probably look at other options aside from the knights set. I know the 20 PRR/MRR/10% AC is great, but shoe horning in 3 pieces of meh gear to get it is quesitonable at best. Losing Ghostly alone makes the set bonus bad IMO.

I have a cleric tank (15Clc/5Pally) that I use for raids and who is build to be exactly the sort of tough healer you have.

Here is my current setup

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/493537-Cleric-Tank-Build

« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2018 at 12:29pm by Sprout »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
My build is similar. Every good cleric in my server also can tank up to R1 raids and can backup tank in quests high skulls. Those that don't, are the ones that focus on DC. My character doesn't have any past life for PRR, MRR and AC, but I think I can do something, as there are tank characters in my server that are working well in R10 who happen to be first lifers too. So I'll try to squeeze in tankiness.

About SP, I rarely see myself running out of SP even with the crap gear I am using now. I abuse rewal too much. Renewal and cocoon are my main healing choices, togheter with aura. These 3 combined usually can keep a tank up under the fire of a R10 boss, with occasional burst to help. Close to zero SP spent doing this. When more healing is needed, cures with only quicken on, also low sp cost. But I have a close to unlimited amount of potions and shrines anyways.

It's just that I don't like cheesing, makes me feel bad. When I see I'll probably run out of sp before shrine, I even start to scroll to not use pot.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Healer isn't a real build. Anyone can heal, and all they need is a devotion item and/or UMD.

Have you considered not failing to do anything but heal?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Sprout
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Mar 9th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
My build is similar. Every good cleric in my server also can tank up to R1 raids and can backup tank in quests high skulls. Those that don't, are the ones that focus on DC. My character doesn't have any past life for PRR, MRR and AC, but I think I can do something, as there are tank characters in my server that are working well in R10 who happen to be first lifers too. So I'll try to squeeze in tankiness.

About SP, I rarely see myself running out of SP even with the crap gear I am using now. I abuse rewal too much. Renewal and cocoon are my main healing choices, togheter with aura. These 3 combined usually can keep a tank up under the fire of a R10 boss, with occasional burst to help. Close to zero SP spent doing this. When more healing is needed, cures with only quicken on, also low sp cost. But I have a close to unlimited amount of potions and shrines anyways.

It's just that I don't like cheesing, makes me feel bad. When I see I'll probably run out of sp before shrine, I even start to scroll to not use pot.

Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I have found that aura+rejuv dont do a good enough job keeping people up on the bursts in mid-high reaper (R5-R8)

But maybe now that I have some additional gear I should try it out on some build to see how it works.

Good food for thought.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Sprout wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:08am:
Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I have found that aura+rejuv dont do a good enough job keeping people up on the bursts in mid-high reaper (R5-R8)

But maybe now that I have some additional gear I should try it out on some build to see how it works.

Good food for thought.

It doesn't. But I don't think it's worth the sacrifice to get 100 or so points of devotion. I am with 244 AC, 3k HP without the LGS set yet, and 270 PRR. I do not have any past lives on this character. For me it's more valuable than these devotion points.

IP Logged

Sprout
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:32am
Print Post  
For me it is a simple equation. Am I running out of spellpoints more than I die? If so, then I need more SP. Otherwise I need more defense.

I think if I was running R-10 regularly or if I wanted to focus on being able to be a solid tank in mid -high reaper (instead of off tanking/emergency tanking) I would probably do exactly what you are doing, but for now, for me, the equation slides more towards healing ability. I am rarely dying in mid-high reaper so i think my defense is ok.

To be explicit, i think your setup is great. My commentary was just giving an alternate mindset to your list.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Well for mid reaper dedicated healer is a waste, I just log warlock or DPS. Or play tank on my healer. Have sucessufully tanked R7 devils gambit quests and memoirs on this char, without another divine in the party
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2018 at 9:18pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Sprout
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
I disagree on healers being useless on mid reaper. I think that is where healers are most useful right now. Would a DC warlock or wizard be better? I suppose there is an argument for it, but I have seen even good groups wipe because of bad pulls or double pulls or other minor factors. Healers give you leeway on mistakes AND they let you push your DPS as high as possible without needing to worry about party healing.

Also, a good healer/tank combo build allows a group to run at least 1 and possibly up to 3 skulls higher in my experience. And run them faster, with fewer deaths (preferably none)

This is especially true of groups with pugs in them, or groups without a ton of CC.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 23rd, 2018 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
I didn't mean useless, I meant it's just more efficient to log something else if you have other reaper ready alts, wich is my case (my cleric is the last of my list in resources invested).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint