Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Undead Monk (Read 1700 times)
Jakabya
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Undead Monk
Aug 23rd, 2018 at 9:44am
Print Post  
I was thinking about trying a deep gnome monk with 12 wizard and 8 monk or a split like that to go with undead forms and melee monk. Any suggestions?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Undead Monk
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
It sounds like an interesting idea - I once did 6 fighter/14 wizard and did ok. The effects of pale-master are good, but DPS was a problem.

You'd be missing out on Finger of Death which might suck a little, but you still get the negative energy spells. I think if you pushed the build more towards Crowd Control instead of DC caster you might have a better time.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Well if you okay to hug Heroic Elite and Epic hard... Go either 14/6 wiz/monk or 13/6/1 wiz/monk/rogue. 1) you dont want to miss FoD. 2) you are already building gimp, why not make it to be able do traps at least? Smiley

Starting stats depending on tomes and style you want. 18 or 20 int must have. If shinato get your dex able to hit all style feats. If henshin take at peast 13 str. Rest into con. Lvl up int

Enchantments: t5 from shinato/henshin, strategic combat II in harper, 21 points in pale master. Rest (if any) in racial.

From wizard feats take quicken, extend, heighten.
From monk and regular feats take standart set for w/e style you've chosen.

As for gear its all the same you build any monk, yet you need to slot int somewhere, light resistance and negative energy spellpower.
If can slot spellfocus mastery hat, go for it.

This build is highly dependent on your tomes, pastlifes and gear. Without anything it gonna suck. Yet not so hard cause monk is monk, but still. You will be able to use wizard buffs and offensive spells with decent chance to work (say, fod from 70-95% against mages to 5-50% against fighter type mobs). You wont be able to use any monk attacks efficently, you'll have shitty ac yet still okay dodge.

I'd say it maybe fun to play on heroics but I'd never roll an undead toon on epics until its liche and DC wizard. And you are actually iconic Smiley

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
The 14/6 split would give you access to 7th level spells which offer some serious crowd control. Your DCs won't be high enough to finger effectively, but you could probably cause some fun with Hold Person and Disco Ball(Otto's Sphere of Dancing). Hard to say how effective this would be in soloing but with groups it could be helpful. Plus, monk!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Just cosmetic yourself into a vampire looking thing. Necro heals are expensive and bad.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 11:11am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 8:27pm:
Just cosmetic yourself into a vampire looking thing. Necro heals are expensive and bad.

In melee I tend to agree, my 14/6 fighter had a fair amount of trouble staying alive. But for me a big part of that was that the duration of Death Aura was just the wrong length...
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2018 at 11:12am by noamineo »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint