Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Project Nemesis (Read 3620 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Project Nemesis
Aug 1st, 2019 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Any hot takes on the new raid?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Project Nemesis
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
It's been completed on R1 by two different guilds already.

That might tell you at least something.

The necklace that drops from PN is pretty nice.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Ran it twice yesterday.   Both LH runs.   Its got some interesting mechanics and it's a bit chaotic.  But I find the raid easier and more pug friendly than 2HTH.   (And yes, I saw pug runs of it filling and completing yesterday)

There are some interesting loot pieces. 

If you like raiding in general, I think you will enjoy it .   If you don't, it won't be the raid that changes your mind.

« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2019 at 4:45pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Essentially an arena fight mixed with the titan raid.  I enjoyed it.  Having a strong knowledgable coordinator makes the quest go smooth.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

cluedout
Korthos Resident

Smile, it's a game.

Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
I love this raid, its very fun.

pugs have a chance at this one as it only takes 2 people that know what they are doing and maybe another 2 that can follow simple directions, everyone else can be sheep and it will not be a problem.

i ran it 6 times opening day on norm a few and hard a few, a couple groups got r1 completions first day but i was not in any of those.

i ran as a sorc (useless so i was the crystal aim and fire guy and worked on puzzles and constructs)
and a healer (nice and demanding if your tank sucks, ezpz if your tank is good.)

the last few of the night, not enough people on so shortman with boxes. last run was on normal, 1 tank, 1 heals, my sorc, 2 range dps and a wizard + 5 boxes. was a quick 20 min run and had 2 first timers, tank and wizard.

basic requirements

someone with enough hp and some way to keep agro (the tank) this is around 2500 hp on normal (so my sorc can do it) and 3000 on hard. the tank gets the aggro of the 4 rednames or 2 or 3 depending on how everything goes

you need someone that does not complain about having lag all the time and has the game skills to aim a laser at a boss and fire it at the same moment the boss dies. this person should be somewhat survivable ~2000 hp to survive at least 1 hit from anything. this was me most runs.

you need some range dps. the red names do not have alot of hp. 2 good range dps was fine and having no melee dps at all is also fine.

you need some dps to kill elementals. these can be the same dps guys you have for range dps or some wolves or tempests or whatever you want. just be able to kill a redname elemental on your own. i did this as a sorc a few times, the people that get selected to go take care of the elemental are somewhat random

you need a healer to keep everyone up, enlarge is a must have.

puzzles.
there are 5 puzzles around the room. the puzzles all effect each other but are very simple. if there is no way to solve your puzzle, go solve a different one and then come back and it will probly be solved.

trash
when you have taken down 2 of the rednames there is a wave of devil trash along with a pit feind. they were not an issue for any of the groups i was in.

death timer none on normal, 1:30 on hard. that is nasty but the first few runs had a couple of wipes that were fully recovered from while some people were figureing things out.

there is alot going on in the raid and not alot of time to look at chat so make sure to call things out like jump! and contructs! and Fix your fucking puzzle! over party chat.

the tank will be busy, the healer will be busy and the laser operator will be busy, everyone else can keep a lookout for puzzle issues and trash. dps is not timed in any way shape or form in this raid.

the puzzle is a standard tile puzzle, however there are tiles with runes and tiles with circles. you do not want the tiles with runes to be lit, they are the tiles that are in the center of the puzzles. while these runes are lit the door to the vault will start to open, if the runes remain lit for too long, the raid will fail. the tiles with circles need to be lit all the time. this is what allows the laser to be moved and fired. there are constructs that are solving the puzzles in the wrong way, they have very low hp and even gimpy dps and healers with searing light and stuff can kill them. they will respawn periodically throughout the raid and must be killed again, and any changes they made to the puzzles fixed. they need to be called and dps need to break off to deal with them asap.

rednames
a Minotaur. this guy has a jumping attack. when he jumps he will do a slam attack that effects a large area of effect around him (approx 1/4 of the size of the room) when he jumps, you need to jump if you are close to him so you are in the air when he hits the ground. the attack does massive damage (~2000 on hard) so even the tank should do this. as this is the biggest threat, we take him down first every time. all of your dps guys that dont watch what they are doing will die and its really funny to watch the "best dps in the game" die over and over cause he is watching cooldowns on his hotbars more than the thing he is fighting, remember boys, ya dont do dps when you are dead and even the crappy pug archer is doing more dps if you are sitting and waiting for a 1:30 death timer.

a gnoll,
this gnoll has a spin attack and will stack -prr on your tank. leave him long enough and your tank will have under 50 prr. this makes him the next highest priority for us, although i can see an argument for doing him first on a shortman raid where all the players can jump when the Minotaur jumps

irk the flying goblin
this goblin has a spear attack that hits for ~4000 damage on hard. its slow and you can dodge it. and use deflect arrows. its best for someone with a 2 second deflect arrows ability to grab the aggro of this guy and just hold him till ready, this can be the tank if you want, but i just did it as the sorc a couple of times, had a melee ranger deal with him another time and had the tank grab it a couple other times. if he targets you with the blue target, put a pillar between him and you. he is floating in the air the whole time so the only easy way to dps him is with range dps, you can jump and get a hit or 2  in at a time with melee but it looks really sad.

the dude that ddoors all over the place. his name starts with a Z
this guy will ddoor and reset his position if you melee him a few times. he casts prismatic spray so bring deathblock petrification immunity if you want to be really prepared vs this guy. the melee dps can dps him down till the last bit when he has to stay still as the kill happens to kill with range dps and then hit him for the laser, we saved him for last as he does the least amount of damage.

each time you kill a boss and successfully fire the laser on his corpse within 2 seconds, your laser is "loaded" and you then fire the laser on home base platform next to the laser controls with 1 good dps guy standing on the home platform. if you are too late on the laser or miss, the redname will get resurrected  to full and you will have to start on that redname from scratch. make sure you get party members that understand the concept of prepping the boss, and not killing it until the laser operator is ready. the raid leader should be the laser operator. they can make all of the callouts and can watch everything from the control corner. if the laser operator is actually good at the game, and has a lag free experiance this will not be a problem. this dps guy and 1 or 2 other random people in the raid will get an elemental buff, you must then go into a corresponding elemental room and kill the elemental. once you have done this 4 times you are at the final stage.

elemental rooms
these are room that you go into if you get an elemental buff. they are colored circles on the ground. if you are colorblind, have a friendly helper tell you what color you have and what circle to stand in. everyone around you can see what color you are. once on the circle you will be teleported into a room with a rednamed elemental, green is first and has an earth elemental, blue is second with a water elemental, white is third with an air elemental, and red is last with a fire elemental. kill it, pick up the stones of those that died around you and hit the portal to go back to the main room. if you leave someone behind and they do not have a self raise, they will not get loot when the raid completes, toc has said they may be adding a res shrine to each room on the motherboards.

the final stage.
you kill all 4 rednames and the purple name fallen angel

you do not have to worry about puzzles after the 4 elementals are dead

you can do this in one of 2 ways.

1. kill the purple named guy and after he gets low, he will absorb the hp of his allies. after you do this enough, everything will die and you will win.

2. kill the rednames in the same order as above again and then kill the purple named guy last. then you dont have to beat on a purple name for so long. ive done it both ways and prefer number 2. less incoming damage and whatnot.

once the purple named guy is dead, the raid is over and you get to loot.

spoiler for reaper mode. the purple name (who is protected until the elemental have all been killed) will cast a curse. if you do not deal with the curse within 5 seconds, you will be hit for ~4000 damage.

i looted the greataxe and fully upgraded it and TR'ed into a wolf built at the end of the night. base damage with it unequipped and un-augmented is 130.2 looks like a very good wolf weapon.

we will see 4 mans of this raid within a week and maybe even 2 mans within a reasonable amount of time

optimal party makeup,
1 tank
1 heals
1 ranged dps
1 laser operator
8 pikers looking for loot (probably a buch of gimpy inquisitors looking for the raid xbow)

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #5 - Aug 2nd, 2019 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Ran it 3 times last night on LH: As the perspective of a warchanter bard with an experienced group it was easy.

I was relegated to buffing and beating down the bosses in sequence so I had no troubles. Only think that tripped me up was the minotaur's jump attack. The first time I tried to back pedal instead of jump, and the subsequent two deaths (the second fight and the start of the second run) were just due to me not paying attention and having shit timing. Once I had that down I didn't find the raid to be difficult at all on LH.

I'd imagine it's a lot easier than THTH with pugs.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Aug 2nd, 2019 at 9:44am
Print Post  
I pugged it. We got all the way to the end and couldn't complete because of some kind of bug where one of the sub-bosses is alive but inactive so emo-angel boy can rez infinitely off of him.

Lame AF.

Anyone have a clue what causes this bug? Any workarounds?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Aug 2nd, 2019 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
cluedout wrote on Aug 1st, 2019 at 6:39pm:
2 people that know what they are doing and maybe another 2 that can follow simple directions, everyone else can be sheep

Probably the best description I've seen of pug raids in DDO.  Fairly accurate for the mobos in general, too.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Anyone figure out the pattern for Irk or D-Door guy yet?

I like the raid.. but people make it WAY harder then it needs to be.

If I'm on laser duty, why are there always @ least 2 people who feel the need to pike right on top of me, so I can not postion myself next to the buttons while keeping the area I'm going to shoot in view? And they ALWAYS have a shit ton of auras & effects on, blinding me.

fucking assholes

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #9 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Lava Divers completed PN on R3 yesterday.

R5 will be conquered soon.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 10:29am:
Lava Divers completed PN on R3 yesterday.

R5 will be conquered soon.

Nice

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint