Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Recommendations for crossbow end-game builds? (Read 2866 times)
Makk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Recommendations for crossbow end-game builds?
Aug 5th, 2019 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
I'm about to cycle my main (melee) through a bunch of TRs, and want to park another guy at 30 to do raids while the other TRs.

I'm thinking ranged (crossbow) DPS.  Looking for top/high DPS for a low life guy (will be 34 point build - need to TR a guy I have at 20.. will eat the +20 heart of wood first to get whatever the best past life is, but will likely have full set of tomes), with some utility as a bonus if possible (trap skills?). 

I can also hear him up pretty well at cap.  He’ll inherit all the Ravenloft and Sharn stuff from my main, as well as raid runes to get some raid gear from the get go.

Recommendations?

Thanks
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2019 at 7:47pm by Makk »  

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Recommendations for crossbow end-game builds?
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
18 wiz
2 arti

Short race.

41 Inquisitive
21 pale master
12 harper
6   eldrich knight

Of course focus int like crazy. You'll get int to hit and dmg and know the angles, 6d6 elemental imbue which scales with spell power, rune arm imbues, trapping skills, rune arm active effects, and whatever goodies you want out of new pale master tree. Defense can be good using wraith form and will have strong self healing and be able to be healed 50%by party members.

Will also have aoe blasting short term with max/emp aoe spells as well as dots to apply to bosses to up damage.

I think you will find this to be quite strong.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2019 at 9:45pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 9:43pm:
I think you will find this to be quite strong.

Sounds like aspirational theorycraft.  I doubt you'd get sub 60 seconds on a kobold boss.  You can't gear effectively for both ranged damage and spellpower at the same time, so your 6d6 elemental imbues are going to be crap compared to rogue SA dice. 

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 6th, 2019 at 9:54am:
Sounds like aspirational theorycraft.  I doubt you'd get sub 60 seconds on a kobold boss.  You can't gear effectively for both ranged damage and spellpower at the same time, so your 6d6 elemental imbues are going to be crap compared to rogue SA dice. 

Can break 60s with any inquisitor build - Shoot Later + Far Shot is just that strong but yeah you wont be getting the sub 10s a rogue is getting.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 11:04am
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Makk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 11:07am
Print Post  
I think I’d like a build that’s mostly rogue based, rogue / arti or rogue / fighter / arti mix.  Just not sure what the best mix is and looking for some advice.

So far I’ve been reading through the following links on the main forums to familiarize myself with concepts:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/493152-The-Never-Ending-Fusilade
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/506325-Inquisitive-End-Game-DPS

As far as gear I can inherit a bunch of Adherent of Mists stuff, and either inherit Silent Avenger but also have all the Wallwatch stuff.  I also have the various named non-raid lvl 29 crossbows, have the tunes to buy a Volley, and can grind out the tunes for the new raid xbow.

(Thanks 5FS, postes this while you posted your link)
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2019 at 11:12am by Makk »  

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 6th, 2019 at 9:54am:

I ran this build in heroics once and it was very strong.  I haven't run a rogue version so you might be right.

Real quick let's look at the numbers.  So a rogue would get roughly 12 sneak die that a wiz couldn't get?  12x3.5 is 42.  Then about 230 standing ranged power (counting full blitz) at 1.5 multiple for 4.45 multiple on sneak or 187 sneak attack non helpless.

6d6 spell sword is a measly 21 dmg but with spell power of 700 you get an 8x factor for 168 dmg per proc.

Spell power is easily obtained with 2 items.  Dusk Lenses and spellpower belt from Ravenloft. This allows you to have Wallwatch set and Mists set.

Dusk- 231 spellpower, Burnscar 202, 100 from spellcraft, 60 from epic levels, then alchemical bonus, reaper bonuses, mythic bonuses, and adherent of the mists bonus, et cetera.

So the Wiz straight dmg proc is down about 20 from the sneak attack but it has some advantages.  It procs all the time, you don't need to be sneak attacking.  It procs from any range (huge).  You can pick any dmg type so often get bonus dmg by picking an element your enemy is weak to. Also I calculated the sneak attack dmg above assuming full stacks of Master's Blitz which is realistic on bosses but not 100% for most quests as it takes time to build up and can fade a bit between encounters.

Finally, the wiz version gets ALL wizard spells and a good int to go with them.  OP asked for utility, well how much utility is Displacement, Haste, DDoor, irrestible dance, Power word Kill and Stun and the healing from Auras.  If you'll notice the only thing i listed above have no saves at all.

I'm not saying it's top dps but it is certainly in the ballpark and the utility it brings is very high.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint