Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Drow inquisitive for hardcore? (Read 2802 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Drow inquisitive for hardcore?
Aug 16th, 2019 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
So, if I even play much on the hardcore server, I do not intend to spend any significant points, so that means 28pt build so it seems like a drow dex based version of FFS's Scareface build (16 rogue 4Arti) is not a bad way to go, anyone else have ideas?

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Re: Drow inquisitive for hardcore?
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Do you have a drow unlock on the server yet? It doesn’t come with VIP.

I was a dumb noob and bought Drow years ago, but you only have it if you bought it. Same with 32 point builds. You have it if you bought it.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Prob better off with a gnome inquisitor.  Any class will work.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Inqusitive starting to work mid heroic and up to the endgame, yet as any ranged you can pussy-elite or even r1 slow and boring way. Especially with that split that you get your ips at 18... But up to you, if you make it till 30 you surely will be able to run r1-3 legendary nonsharn content

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Dex requirement for IPS is a pain in the ass, unless you want to throw money at SSG; in that case please go ahead.
Artificer 2 / Ranger 11 gets IPS for free at 13 and you can ignore dex (well some is still needed for other feats, 13 iirc).

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Aug 19th, 2019 at 2:17pm:
Dex requirement for IPS is a pain in the ass, unless you want to throw money at SSG; in that case please go ahead.
Artificer 2 / Ranger 11 gets IPS for free at 13 and you can ignore dex (well some is still needed for other feats, 13 iirc).

Combat Archery requires 21 DEX. Not required, but desired.  So you can either ignore it altogether, or buy a DEX tome at level 24 (assuming you take Overwhelming Critical at 21).

41 Inquisitive, 12 Harper, 11 DWS, 11 Artificer (3 boosts) is what I'd consider.

ETA: I'd probably splash another class instead of going 18 Ranger which doesn't offer much besides BAB.  Perhaps 2 Paladin for up to +8 to saves.  You could start as Bladeforged Paladin, get 2 Artificer so you have mana to conjure bolts and cast Communion of Scribing (very early ranged alacrity and superb healing), then progress up Ranger.  I'd probably take the 2nd Paladin level after Ranger 9 to maximize the Evasion saves.

Going Ranger also gives you immediate access to Shiradi at level 20, which is something most Inquisitive builds won't have.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2019 at 2:51pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Iconics automatically get 32 pts, so that's nice. I was thinking Deep Gnome inquisitive, but I'm not planning on spending much time on that server.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 12:25pm:
Iconics automatically get 32 pts, so that's nice. I was thinking Deep Gnome inquisitive, but I'm not planning on spending much time on that server.

The IPS angle on Deep Gnomes seems f'd. 

Common sense would have you believe that the shortest race in the game has the lowest angle for IPS.  SSG says FU Common Sense.

If you watch closely when you autoattack on a DG inquisitive, you can actually see the bolts originate in thin air above the toon's head.  It's one of those things that is hard to un-see once you notice it and it's fairly immersion breaking.

Had problems IPSing a line of short mobs like wolves, etc. so I don't think it's just a graphical thing.

My guess is that the idiots at SSG used one of the taller races instead of a halfling as the copy/paste base when they were building the models, then just shrunk them them down to size and forgot to adjust the ranged attack origination point.

Halfling > all still for IPS angle.

« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2019 at 4:41pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #8 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 3:36am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Aug 19th, 2019 at 2:33pm:
Combat Archery requires 21 DEX. Not required, but desired.  So you can either ignore it altogether, or buy a DEX tome at level 24 (assuming you take Overwhelming Critical at 21).

41 Inquisitive, 12 Harper, 11 DWS, 11 Artificer (3 boosts) is what I'd consider.

ETA: I'd probably splash another class instead of going 18 Ranger which doesn't offer much besides BAB.  Perhaps 2 Paladin for up to +8 to saves.  You could start as Bladeforged Paladin, get 2 Artificer so you have mana to conjure bolts and cast Communion of Scribing (very early ranged alacrity and superb healing), then progress up Ranger.  I'd probably take the 2nd Paladin level after Ranger 9 to maximize the Evasion saves.

Going Ranger also gives you immediate access to Shiradi at level 20, which is something most Inquisitive builds won't have.

On live for a first lifer I went with Artificer 4 / Ranger 15 / Barb 1. (Arti 2 / Ranger 11 / Barb 1 / the rest)
Ranger 15 is nice for CSW and FOM.
I spent all spare AP in DWS (like 28?).

Of course, surviving is important, so Paladin saves wouldn't be bad to have...

IP Logged

Makk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 4:40pm:
The IPS angle on Deep Gnomes seems f'd. 

Common sense would have you believe that the shortest race in the game has the lowest angle for IPS.  SSG says FU Common Sense.

If you watch closely when you autoattack on a DG inquisitive, you can actually see the bolts originate in thin air above the toon's head.  It's one of those things that is hard to un-see once you notice it and it's fairly immersion breaking.

Had problems IPSing a line of short mobs like wolves, etc. so I don't think it's just a graphical thing.

My guess is that the idiots at SSG used one of the taller races instead of a halfling as the copy/paste base when they were building the models, then just shrunk them them down to size and forgot to adjust the ranged attack origination point.

Halfling > all still for IPS angle.

Really?  Crap.  I am rolling a new guy (this no racial points) and was thinking without racial points the deep gnome would be better as at least I get the extra INT. (Doubt there will be enough APs for a a Halfling for racial enhancements if no racial  past lives).

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Well, I have given up on dex based builds, and after getting one shooted in level 3 and 5 traps on r1, some my suckage, some just how ddo is designed, my current idea is shaderkai 18/2 rogue/arti, maybe have in a pally level (2?) for saves.  Do mechanics and field engineer save bonuses vs traps stack?
edit: just +1 reflex for 3ap from field engineer... I think my disable will be high enough
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2019 at 4:27pm by Tspoon »  

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Also are you gonna live with lvl1 wiz with DG?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint