Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need Help with DC/Healing caster Cleric Build for High Reapers (Read 4262 times)
GEM
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Need Help with DC/Healing caster Cleric Build for High Reapers
Jan 18th, 2021 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
I got 60 Reaper points. I also almost always run with a group so not looking for a solo build, and what would be better in high reaper Cleric inquisitive or Death domain dc caster?

This is my last life to get my first Heroic Completionist. I want a good cleric build that will be able to do high reapers.

I would prefer a Death Domain Cleric that has alright healing capabilities.

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Re: Need Help with DC/Healing caster Cleric Build for High Reapers
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2021 at 11:16am
Print Post  
GEM wrote on Jan 18th, 2021 at 6:57pm:
...what would be better in high reaper...

What would be better depends a lot on the party composition and also on your playstyle.

A DC caster in a party is great.  Two is good back-up.  Three is usually not a good trade-off versus more DPS.

If there's no other DC caster, play a DC caster.  If there's 2 other casters, play DPS.  If there's one other caster, play whichever you enjoy more.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2021 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
SirValentine wrote on Jan 19th, 2021 at 11:16am:
What would be better depends a lot on the party composition and also on your playstyle.

A DC caster in a party is great.  Two is good back-up.  Three is usually not a good trade-off versus more DPS.

If there's no other DC caster, play a DC caster.  If there's 2 other casters, play DPS.  If there's one other caster, play whichever you enjoy more.

Agreed

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Are you looking to do any raid healing?

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Jan 20th, 2021 at 1:43pm:
Are you looking to do any raid healing?

Does raid healing need anything more than SP and some level of positive spell power (main hand healing stick and the Ravenloft belt) and Quicken and Heal/Mass Heal/a couple of Mass Cure spells maybe?

I haven’t raid healed since 20 was the cap because it is super not fun for me to run a “healer” outside of raids.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #5 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jan 20th, 2021 at 1:49pm:
Does raid healing need anything more than SP and some level of positive spell power (main hand healing stick and the Ravenloft belt) and Quicken and Heal/Mass Heal/a couple of Mass Cure spells maybe?

I haven’t raid healed since 20 was the cap because it is super not fun for me to run a “healer” outside of raids.

Wall/Aura are good for SP preservation.

"raid healers" tend to have above average defense/HP now, too.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 20th, 2021 at 2:43pm:
Wall/Aura are good for SP preservation.

"raid healers" tend to have above average defense/HP now, too.

Makes sense. DPS and Heals per second are both zero when you’re dead

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jan 20th, 2021 at 7:11pm:
Makes sense. DPS and Heals per second are both zero when you’re dead

What about undead? I'm sure somewhere there's a paleshroud cleric build.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #8 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 20th, 2021 at 7:34pm:
What about undead? I'm sure somewhere there's a paleshroud cleric build.

Oh My God, the vault's special needs player Nomoreo, is going to hop in and 'contribute' to another build thread?  The same stupid motherfucker who polluted the Mechanic thread last year...

The return of Mr."why it's int-based?"    The stupidity really is relentless.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1443343697/119#119

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #9 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 4:41am
Print Post  
GEM wrote on Jan 18th, 2021 at 6:57pm:
I would prefer a Death Domain Cleric that has alright healing capabilities.

I played this almost 2 years ago.

To this day there has been zero changes to either Cleric class, trees, domains, turn undead or even Exalted Angel ED to help them catch up to the current meta. At least they fixed ED wings to not be gay compared to FvS class granted ones.
However, DC casting in reaper has gotten harder for all casters across the board.

FvS class surpasses Cleric in every department even if they grab Healing Wall T5 in Beacon tree.

At least new shifter race with wisdom-based raging can currently surpass Aasimars in DC department. Enjoy looking like an underdeveloped hunchback with furs LMAO!

In order to build a proper Death Domain Cleric you need to consider if you're going to handicap your build with 32APs in Radiant tree for Radiant Aura or not. This will lock you out of Divine Disciples T5s that would provide more DC. Also, Aura's range is pretty small, so you basically have to be near melee range at all times which in turn might get you cleaved or AoE splash damaged. Aura saves a lot of SP that you'd spend on healing tho.

Enlarge is a must, especially on SLAs and healing spells.

Deity: Follower of Aureon. Clickie lasts for 144 seconds is useful for tough mob fights, but the 10 min cd sucks ass and you need to consider when and where to use it.

Nightmother's stick with Otto + Beholder sets + x2 raid Wis 2 filis at the bare minimum.
Alchemical mithral large shield with +2 wisdom.

Even so, after literally maxing out every possible DC via gear, twists, proper feat selection it wont be enough for R10 Fey or Sharn.
Just gotta accept it.
Fall back to CC spells like Soundburst and Cometfall (your conjuration will be the lowest, so only only on mobs with low reflex like skellies and scarecrows) with occasional Implosions and Mass Frogs and focus on healing.

Use LGS affirmation swap for self-heals on R10.

Here's a thread with probably the most up-to-date gear (sans Fey):
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/506035-High-reaper-Charn-cleric-gear?p...

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Reply #10 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 11:02am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jan 20th, 2021 at 1:49pm:

That's plenty for most stuff.

If you're going to be primarily healing in tougher raids on higher difficulties, you might want to temporarily swap from your normal DC casting destiny to Sentinel for more HP & defenses plus the best single-target healing, Renewal.

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Reply #11 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jan 21st, 2021 at 4:41am:
Even so, after literally maxing out every possible DC via gear, twists, proper feat selection it wont be enough for R10 Fey or Sharn.

Isn't 138 the DC high-water mark for the high-Fort brutes in Sharn? 

A maxed out Death Cleric could probably have an always-on Necro DC around 138 these days, and that's without using any of 3 or 4 potential temporary DC boosts.

(And you don't need anywhere near 138 for most mobs.  On a very different build, non-maxed-out, non-Cleric, non-Necro, I find a 118 Necro landing regularly on R10 Sharn caster & archer types.  I don't bother trying to instakill the high-Fort mobs with that though.)

I haven't run Feywild yet; are it's mob saves even higher than Sharn, or about the same?

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Reply #12 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jan 21st, 2021 at 4:41am:
Fall back to CC spells like Soundburst and Cometfall (your conjuration will be the lowest, so only only on mobs with low reflex like skellies and scarecrows) with occasional Implosions and Mass Frogs and focus on healing.

Don't overlook Greater Command.  Will saves tend to be way lower than Fort & Reflex.  (Also Greater Color Spray from Illusionist tree.)

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #13 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 11:48am
Print Post  
SirValentine wrote on Jan 21st, 2021 at 11:21am:
Isn't 138 the DC high-water mark for the high-Fort brutes in Sharn? 

I was taking OP's situation into consideration.

He hasn't unlocked Class completionist yet, let alone Epic or Racial. He won't have the luxury that Max PLs provide for DC builds.

(And you don't need anywhere near 138 for most mobs.  On a very different build, non-maxed-out, non-Cleric, non-Necro, I find a 118 Necro landing regularly on R10 Sharn caster & archer types.  I don't bother trying to instakill the high-Fort mobs with that though.)

That's probably the only reason DC cleric is viable at all, always target mob weakest saves and pray your D20 carries you halfway.

I haven't run Feywild yet; are it's mob saves even higher than Sharn, or about the same?

Some Fey mobs are even higher.

SirValentine wrote on Jan 21st, 2021 at 11:25am:
Don't overlook Greater Command.  Will saves tend to be way lower than Fort & Reflex.  (Also Greater Color Spray from Illusionist tree.)

Investing in 4th school just for 1 spell might be a bit of a stretch goal on OP's build but it does work really well on appropriate mobs.

I just wish Divine Disciple had more universal DC support b/c having your best spells in all the different schools badly handicaps clerics and fvs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint