Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic So finally made racial completionist... (Read 2888 times)
Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

So finally made racial completionist...
Jan 28th, 2021 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
I have always been a human strength tempest ranger.  That issue aside, I have a newer more important issue. With new points to spend in the racial tree (13 plus the recent popular +2 tome purchase), I decided that I hate the human racial tree. 

So, I went scourge to try it out and felt the maces were lackluster and felt obligated to use maces having put so many points into the racial mace  enhancements.  (Beacon set, lamplighters, KT mace) The steep cost also caused a self inflicted a ban of using my other non mace weapons which left me feeling incomplete, not a whole ranger. Plus the con/fortitude racial along with other lack luster racial enhancements made it feel like it could be more.  The extra favored enemy was one of the best parts of that race to me.

So I went aasimar.  The talents are geared toward strength, and the tree has the best parts of the human tree (healing amp) and a decent racial ability.  I didn’t use the hit against evil which wasn’t obvious at first.  I don’t miss very often if ever so it seemed points could be better spent elsewhere.  I like it so far.  Seems to compliment the class better than the race that was purposely made to be this class. 

Anyone else mess around with this combo? Got any build info that worked well for you? Did I miss something that makes the scourge better?

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Re: So finally made racial completionist...
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Jan 28th, 2021 at 12:55pm:
Anyone else mess around with this combo? Got any build info that worked well for you? Did I miss something that makes the scourge better? 

I know a WC/SB bard that runs light mace scourge for the crit multi which stacks with swash. He has solid dps. If you can time the scourge divine form thing, that's some pretty nice dps bonus too.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Lamplighter + scourge + knights training feat should be pretty solid.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
crits would be  18x4 19-20x5

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 1:36pm
Print Post  

Twin Lamplighters? Seems like a waste.

A Lamplighter-Everstorm pairing seems like it would make more sense for a Scourge.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Scourge is a trap.   

Normal assimar is better.

STR battle axes with Knights training.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 28th, 2021 at 4:30pm:
Scourge is a trap.   

Normal assimar is better.

STR battle axes with Knights training.

Yeah I'm with bigjunk, scourge is just not great but the actual assimar has a lot more capability/versatility. Really better than humans.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
My lamp/beacon/KT mace were x4 multiplier with knights training.  I haven’t done dreadnaught  tho.  I like having a lot of haste boosts so I have been playing with running Fatesinger with 6 strength and twisting symmetric strikes, balanced attacks, action boost haste, flowers and extra action boost.  That gives me 14 charges for boosts.  I only use haste for the most part even when I have other boosts, I only use em if haste is out.  That haste boost with the Fatesinger extra 3% and the 15% alacrity item makes anything else slow to me now. Like torturous slow.

Bigjunk,

You using two thth axes?  Or just using misc off hands swapping in per need as usual?

I used the 2 lamps because of luck of the draw.

Anyway the scourge wasn’t a push over, just not as nearly as good as regular aasimar so far.  No synergy if you are switching over from a non mace spec char. 

Does the 5% paralyze on the light hammers from baba or strahd any good on anything high end?

IP Logged

The Grandest of Fellows
Titan Demolisher

Hail Friends!

Reply #8 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Congrats on your racial completionist!

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #9 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Thanks. If a game could be work.....

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Jan 28th, 2021 at 8:44pm:
Thanks. If a game could be work.....

I will admit I should have had more fun gaining racial completionist. Its those damn XP potions making you feel like you're not "getting" your monies worth unless you zerge...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Doogy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 29th, 2021 at 5:41am
Print Post  
I'd wait for the new raid mace, which has dust, and use lamplighter with fetters. For max single target dps go 12ranger\6 barbie(T5)\2 cleric
Scourge and LD for max criticals
For Strikethrough, go pure 20 ranger scourge. Rangers become OP again

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #12 - Jan 29th, 2021 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
The nice thing about scourge is that it's the one build that can deviate from the Part of the Family set monopoly and use more feywild gear...IF you embrace the beacons set. Just swing your DR breakers full time. Dust? Fetters? Pfft, that shit sounds like somebody else's job. Only 1 character out of 6 (or 12) needs to be debuffing.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #13 - Jan 29th, 2021 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Mattyo wrote on Jan 28th, 2021 at 5:35pm:
Bigjunk,

You using two thth axes?  Or just using misc off hands swapping in per need as usual?

I used the 2 lamps because of luck of the draw.

Anyway the scourge wasn’t a push over, just not as nearly as good as regular aasimar so far.  No synergy if you are switching over from a non mace spec char. 

Does the 5% paralyze on the light hammers from baba or strahd any good on anything high end?

Off-hand is either Dust Greensteal or the Blackrazor (whatever the one-hand version is called).   The Khopesh from the to-be-released raid will become the main-hander if it ever come out.

When soloing I still will often use the Flow as my main weapon, the guard-breaking is good enough to take the DPS hit.   

I've never used those light-hammers so I cannot comment.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #14 - Jan 30th, 2021 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Hey Big,

Is that new khopesh the only vorpal/keen version?  I don’t remember seeing any legendary versions anyway.   

At right around 65 reaper points I find using dual flows in reaper 8-10’s is well worth the damage trade off for survivability.  It lets me take out targets pretty consistently and with haste up I can use strikethrough to keep small groups pacified to take out or until I can get help.

Doogy,  I have never multiclassed.  I’ve been a stubborn sob so far.. Your suggestion seems intriguing.

5 Foot Step, I cannot take all of what you say I. The right context yet because I don’t have the details yet.  I said I would get it after I finished completionist so I could do the 3 iconic past lives for the passives.  It sounds like with the right stuff scourge could work but I just haven’t seen it yet in my experience.   Ranching off from rigid set parameters sounds refreshing.  I been trying to work in  The new raid gear sets for more augment slots, but the overlapping set bonuses with sharn beat has made me more hesitant.  I got a tharne’s bracer in the mix but am hesitant to trade out my precision lenses for the goggles because of my precious action boosts!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2021 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Well...I agree that pretty much everyone that can use Flow should take Imp Crit Pierce and use it/them to keep high-skull trash daze-locked.

What I meant is that that all you really need is 2x keen metalline good boss beaters (like Vulkoor's Edge or Beacon of Day) for DPS. (And Flow can double as your evil+chaos DR breaker)

Bringing debuffers is bonus points for being a good citizen.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #16 - Jan 31st, 2021 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
I use those exact metalline weapons not knowing that they were any good. At first I swapped out entire weapon sets instead of just the main hand for any weapon changes.    Then I got more smarterer and only did the offhand.   But, Getting 150 sentient xp on all the rest of my main hand weapons was still the funnerest. 

I originally got those weapons when I couldn’t do any damage on the griffon lion demon thing in the gatekeepers newish quests.  And those stupid witches.  Who has bags for all this shit? 

Here is a dumb question:  what chat setting do I enable so I can see the de of monsters?  My combat chat just says that I did no damage and that’s it.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #17 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 10:18am
Print Post  
It's in combat chat. If it's reduced to zero, I don't think you get DR feedback. Look for a crit that gets through.  Some DR can't be bypassed normally (like elementals). And sometimes you'll get yellow numbers but no DR feedback, that means the monster has PRR. And for extra confusion, some bosses have both DR and PRR (like the boss of Trials of the Archons, so so combat chat will tell you DR/evil, but you still get yellow numbers when using an evil-aligned weapon). Used to be getting dual Celestias was a big deal, if you didn't add any enhancement bonus to it, the light type would bypass all PRR and DR, but that's not such a priority anymore since PRR debuffs are widely used.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #18 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 10:26am
Print Post  
That explains a lot.  I appreciate the info.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint