Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dagger thrower build template? (Read 3521 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Dagger thrower build template?
Mar 14th, 2021 at 11:46am
Print Post  
I don’t need all of the minute breakdowns, but if anyone could point me at a solid class breakdown and which stat to use as a main stat, I’d appreciate it. I’m overwhelmed by the huge number of different options and struggling to pick which makes the most sense. Lots of rogue for sneak damage. Alchemist for bullshit alchemist stuff that probably isn’t as good as I think it is. Some kind of self healing beyond renewal because renewal ain’t enough for me on its own. Not even on R1. Bard? I dunno. I’m swamped with all the different options, so what I really need is something to help me narrow it down. BAB doesn’t matter until they remove the cap on thrown attacks per minute.

Shiradi seems obvious, but I don’t know if I’m missing something elsewhere. Full racial AP and all epic past lives available for the build.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Re: Dagger thrower build template?
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2021 at 11:50am
Print Post  
And deep wood sniper, so Ranger levels, I guess?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2021 at 2:56pm
Print Post  

There seem to be two main dagger throwing options.

20 Ranger, Tier 5 DWS, Shiradi destiny.

11 Rogue (for Sneak damage and traps if you can fit in INT items and Disable Device skills), 6 Ranger (feats, Tier 5 DWS), 3 Bard (for Swashbuckling - Dashing Scoundrel). On this build, make sure you have Offhand Versatility and NOTHING in your offhand. Most people's destiny with this build is Fury of the Wild.

Ranger 20 build has some more versatility with a broader spell selection, including cures. Sustained damage is very good with Shiradi and burst damage is good with Hunt's End.

The multi-class version in Fury is the best burst DPS but the sustained DPS isn't quite up to the Shiradi sustained damage.

The overall DPS is probably best with the multi-class version but you lose some versatility with it.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2021 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Techno's run down was good. I run the 11/6/3, and I like Fury. But, I do shiradi at times.

Pure ranger gets more ranged power overall. The split ends up with a better crit profile due to swash.

In the split, you still have two choices. Everyone mains in DWS. But, you can go heavy secondary into either Assassin (my choice) for sneak or Vistani. Either choice will still use some of the other tree.

You CAN go t5 Vistani instead of DWS. It's not a terrible choice. You have more uptime with extra Double shot. But, the ranged power/crit profile is better in DWS.

In terms of self-heals, I typically run cocoon. If I run low-skulls, I can kite and heal ok/top off between packs. I have swap gear for Hamp, and I have a 2-piece shroud set for the passive regen AND I still have cure light. Usually if I'm solo or short-man, I just pop a hire to be lazy. I like being able to trap and sneak too.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Brob
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2021 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 14th, 2021 at 2:56pm:
11 Rogue (for Sneak damage and traps if you can fit in INT items and Disable Device skills), 6 Ranger (feats, Tier 5 DWS), 3 Bard (for Swashbuckling - Dashing Scoundrel). On this build, make sure you have Offhand Versatility and NOTHING in your offhand. Most people's destiny with this build is Fury of the Wild.

Don't I need SWF to get Offhand Versatility - but having TWF (which I'm getting from Ranger) wouldn't allow for that?  Or is there a trick to be able to get it?

I have an 11/6/3 and trying to change a feat to grab it, but neither SWF nor Offhand Versatility showing as an option.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2021 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Brob wrote on Mar 15th, 2021 at 8:47pm:
Don't I need SWF to get Offhand Versatility - but having TWF (which I'm getting from Ranger) wouldn't allow for that?  Or is there a trick to be able to get it?

I have an 11/6/3 and trying to change a feat to grab it, but neither SWF nor Offhand Versatility showing as an option.

Could get SWF before you take Ranger level 2.

Sanity check - does anything break if you have SWF and then get a free TWF from Ranger level 2?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint