Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic SSDD: Devs forget core game mechanic exists, give zero fucks (Read 2232 times)
gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

SSDD: Devs forget core game mechanic exists, give zero fucks
Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Same shit different day. Instead of shooting multiple arrows you are now shooting one arrow that gets a multiplier for damage. It quickly becomes obvious that these fucks never considered that there are non-damaging on-hit effects that will be nerfed hard by this change. They were asked, reasonably, since damage gets boosted to simulate the firing of multiple arrows will non-damage procs get a similar accommodation? Lynnabel quickly goes from patronizing to condescending to denying that it's a problem unless someone proves it on Lam. I can't even muster any vitriol.  I feel like she probably typed, "Can you give me an example of a non-damage proc" and then hit backspace.

Quote:
Doing this would re-introduce the effects queueing problem. We are trying to reduce the number of on-hit procs. Applying them multiple times is not an option.

Quote:
We are trying to reduce the amount of times over a period that procs happen, and changes that put us to the same amount of procs per second will not fix our effects queue problem.

Quote:
We understand that this change will carry a side-effect of reducing the effectiveness of non-damage procs across the board. However, we believe that the overall benefits of this pass will outweigh these side-effects, and will keep an eye on non-damage procs in the near future to ensure this does not have adverse effects on the player experience. We would also like to invite you to copy over to Lamannia and test out your rotation with these changes so you can better gauge the effectiveness of what's been changed. It's very important that these kinds of changes are put through their paces not just by us but by the players, and we want to iron out any rough edges ASAP so we can improve game performance.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/523402-Changes-Focused-on-Boosting-Gam...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: SSDD: Devs forget core game mechanic exists, give zero fucks
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Its kind of a self-fulilling prophecy if you think about it: bows are weak, so hardly anyone uses bows, so the devs have no idea these mechanics exist. Unless its being explained by someone around cordo's cock in their mouth, they just aren't listening.

So the interesting aspects of bow-play go away along with burst DPS, to be replaced by effectively Inquitistive 2: Electric Boogaloo - but with a different animation.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
so they getting rid of monkchers
getting rid of melee that would whip out a bow by nerfing crit ranges
getting rid of manyshot style
getting rid of multiple adrenaline
getting rid of on hit procs style of play
getting rid of...

What exactly are we getting instead of taking again???
Some fucking pass.  They keep this shit up this games gonna be a hard pass.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Shunned wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 10:03pm:
What exactly are we getting instead of taking again???

You're getting to spend money on a new universal tree!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
I'm starting to think that cognitive disabilities coupled with severe personality disorders are essential applicant requirements at SSG.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 11:08pm:
I'm starting to think that cognitive disabilities coupled with severe personality disorders are essential applicant requirements at SSG.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Spandex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 4:53am
Print Post  
In other words, we are not going to upgrade the single 386 server or remove the multiple partitions on the single mechanical drive for each server. We need to pool resources,  Cordo need his cuckoo clock repaired.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
What is the complaint? Reducing rate of fire nerfs AA paralyze, etc?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Remind me what the benefits of this pass are?

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #9 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 9th, 2021 at 12:16pm:
What is the complaint? Reducing rate of fire nerfs AA paralyze, etc?

I wouldn't think something like Paralyze is an issue, you only need to hit once and that's all it does. But any abilities that proc on vorpal & crits, or put on stacks are being gutted, the list of stuff this is going to affect is just fucking massive,

Oddly the whole 'performance' changes are such a big deal that I've stopped even paying attention to the bow pass at this point.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
This is kinda sad because I just recently decided to momentarily return to DDO after one of many breaks. Seems my next break will last even longer.

The situation really just highlights DDO's worst two problems: 1) incompetent devs who don't play their own game and 2) sycophants who enable the shit.

I guess I'll go through another heroic life or two and then quietly begin another DDO hiatus. It's still a fun game to play every once in awhile. But if I played it with any modicum of regularity, I'd go insane. Dunno how you guys do it - my hat's off to you.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
So SWF keeps its alacrity? I guess they'll be best at non-damage procs.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Dragonborn wrote on Apr 9th, 2021 at 12:31pm:
I wouldn't think something like Paralyze is an issue, you only need to hit once and that's all it does. But any abilities that proc on vorpal & crits, or put on stacks are being gutted, the list of stuff this is going to affect is just fucking massive,

Oddly the whole 'performance' changes are such a big deal that I've stopped even paying attention to the bow pass at this point. 

Paralyze matters when you are hitting things that only fail on a one. It’s still useful with a high rate of fire.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #13 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 9th, 2021 at 1:43pm:
So SWF keeps its alacrity? I guess they'll be best at non-damage procs.

Moreso than cleave attacks? Asking not arguing.

NOTpopejubal wrote on Apr 9th, 2021 at 2:17pm:
Paralyze matters when you are hitting things that only fail on a one. It’s still useful with a high rate of fire.

Fair enough, it's one reason I always try to keep a couple para weapons on hand, especially range stuff.

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

stupiduserid
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Fun Fact: If they stopped paying Cordo's salary to roleplay as an effective community manager and maybe shitcanned a couple half retarded devs, they could take that money and get a server that isn't built out of crayola model magic and their spaghetti code piece of shit game might not shit out every other day. Fuckin sad that they have to keep dumbing down their game not because people are too stupid to enjoy the complex mechanics but because it'll fry their potato based server to run anything more complicated than an MSDos game. It's been going on for so long that I'm almost convinced that SSG is low key grifting desperate retards who are too stupid to realize better games exist and actively care about their player base by putting some of their profit back into making the game better and it's not just gross incompetence because I have to hope that no one can be that retarded.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
What if... They have the scent of the newly printed money spent by all those new players they accidentally signed up with the free quest coupon and covid.
And... One of them tripped over at the pacman larp, stubbed their big toe and induced  a moment of clarity where when they read the feedback about the power gap between vets and new players, it occurred to them that closing it might keep the new greenbacks rolling in.
And... They cooked up this crackpot plan to "balance" things so that all dps is basically equal and class choice is a flavour/playstyle thing so that new players keep appearing and spending.

I know trying to equalize the dps curve seems like an advanced plan for these retards but they are doing a shit load of flattening of all the traditional metas under the guise of a pass.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 9th, 2021 at 9:33pm:
What if... They have the scent of the newly printed money spent by all those new players they accidentally signed up with the free quest coupon and covid.
And... One of them tripped over at the pacman larp, stubbed their big toe and induced  a moment of clarity where when they read the feedback about the power gap between vets and new players, it occurred to them that closing it might keep the new greenbacks rolling in.
And... They cooked up this crackpot plan to "balance" things so that all dps is basically equal and class choice is a flavour/playstyle thing so that new players keep appearing and spending.

I know trying to equalize the dps curve seems like an advanced plan for these retards but they are doing a shit load of flattening of all the traditional metas under the guise of a pass.

New players might spend dozens of dollars a month. That’s peanuts compared to the whales. Just like phone games, SSG gets most of its revenue from a few people who have seriously unhealthy spending habits and the entire game is focused on retaining and milking those whales. New players are nice, but only as far as entertainment for the whales to PUG with end for maybe the one percent of new players who turn into whales.

I’m not even trying to be mean - it’s just what all of SSG’s numbers and actions make obvious.

IP Logged

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Poetry!

Reply #17 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Apr 9th, 2021 at 9:33pm:

I doubt any of those brain dead hacks could engineer anything more complex than a pit latrine.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint