Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Alchemist post nerf, inflict wounds and undead players (Read 2250 times)
Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Alchemist post nerf, inflict wounds and undead players
May 15th, 2021 at 4:25am
Print Post  
Hey folks,

One of my fixed groups is looking to change up our usual racial/heroic playthrough with a few sets of runs as Iconics and likely Wizards, at least enough for undead use and healing with mutual death auras etc. The toon I want to do it with though has my 3x Wiz lives but needs Alchemists so I am thinking a 3 Wiz / 17 Alchemist split to get a basic wraith undead form and use the various inflict pots over NEB/Death Aura for healing others.

The question is does the new focus on inflict have some of those more stupid targeting issues of range and facing fixed? I know the Alch has been nerve stomped but I haven't played one since they focused on nerfing things.

Is this abortive hybrid going to be at least reasonable or do I try barking up a different tree?

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Re: Alchemist post nerf, inflict wounds and undead players
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2021 at 12:03am
Print Post  
why not  roll up a throwaway alt and test it?

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2021 at 6:15am
Print Post  
No spare character slots for the moment for one.... but I likely will just try it out. I can survive a single life of anything really and the trio group I am in role stomps a life in 22-25 hours depending.

Mostly I ask things here since I figured someone will have tried the new version of the inflict bottles given the changes. My main concern is recalling the old targeting issues from a few years ago of "not facing" and the short nature from doing a Necro Cleric. That life was quite annoying as I recall but meh at this point it doesn't matter too much.

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2021 at 11:05am
Print Post  
It seemed like a fun idea so I made a quick Deep Gnome to try it. I couldn't find any issues targeting with either inflict SLAs or spells. Could pretty easily toss pots over my shoulder at mobs behind me.

IP Logged

johnnyonthespot
Korthos Resident

I Do Cocaine

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2021 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
I did an 3/17 split is was super OP until about 26 and then I needed the DC's. Its a strong build but I wouldn't take it to cap. Ive had no issues with targeting but I wish it was line of site with mouse look like range weapons.

I will say it sucks targeting and enemy then needing to heal in group with a Cure wound vial, its hard to switch targets on a dime and it prevents you from throwing a positive while hard targeting an enemy. Plus Death salve is useless.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2021 at 1:44pm by johnnyonthespot »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint