Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Are inquisitive or vistani knife figher still interesting in heroics? (Read 4526 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Are inquisitive or vistani knife figher still interesting in heroics?
Jul 21st, 2021 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
I been mostly boring myself to death TRing my caster as a sorc for racial and epic past lives, and my monk the same.  I am looking to do some heroic TRing for what will ultimately be a 2HF melee build.  Are either vistani or inquistive any fun to play these days, or did Shitstar nerf them into oblivion?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: Are inquisitive or vistani knife figher still interesting in heroics?
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2021 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
The most fun I've had doing racials - so far - has been Wiz or Sorc EK 2HF. It's not the best, but the template I've enjoyed most.

Inquis is still quick, I will be back on that for a change in a couple of lives. Depends what you're doing I guess. I solo low reaper primarily so easy access to buffs and 2HF to clear trash makes a smooth ride. Always with 1 Barb of course.

I did Vistani a few lives recently; SWF Wiz with orbs, SWF Barb, TWF Barb & Ranger mutt just because I wanted to play with some daggers I'd accumulated. It was okay and especially SWF seemed like good DPS but honestly I got bored of the extra work timing the target switching right all the time.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2021 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
I can run inq´s comfortable at way higher reapers then any melee in heroics*. Their only downfall is that they are a bit slow in certain quests in the lvl 6-11 range i.e.  bloody crypt, delera.

Once 12 you should be a DDO God and if you fail your probably sucking up food through a straw while playing your talking piano. Some other classes like sorc, alch or even FVS these days might one shot stuff faster than you but they tend to tap out at higher R´s, and in general they aren´t as safe and carefree.

Great for 20-30 race too; slayer area friendly and can beat down sacks of red named 150k bosses with relative ease. This is where FVS and warlocks fails hard, some sorcs/alchs needs to think about SP management..

....as any class, it gets a bit boring doing the same stuff over and over, and inq is a alot of right clicking combined with WASD. That is why I´m so amused when I see some Inq coming into my group and get less kills then misadventure.. Which is non-stop on my sucky server.

* comfortable  = same pace as I could run r1, I don´t "struggle" while leveling the hamsterwheel. Low risk.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2021 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
My single biggest bitch about running Inquis is simply "it's fantastic until it sucks"..

There is an engage/lag issue that tends to rear its ugly head at the worse possible moment.

I'm running low level heroics on R6.. and its fantastic until I stop being able to target things.. the blood bar is up, I have them selected, they are in my focus window, and I'm firing bolts...

But I can't seem to engage.. not until they rush me and are right on top of me... backing up to keep distance doesn't help when you've got 4 Reapers popping up in your face as you initially agro the whole fucking mob.

I'm not getting a 'miss', 'dodge', or any other fail message.. it's like the game doesn't recognize I'm trying to attack... and then dumps a screen load of 30-40 misses all at once which is not just impossible but sets the clusterfuck off

I really miss being able to snipe while hidden to draw targets to you without alerting/agroing the whole fucking quest into a homicidal "let's eat this guy from the inside out" free-for-all
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2021 at 12:17pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2021 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Alchemist similar to Sorc, but I find it better.  You get the equivalent of Meteor swarm at level 12  with Multivial and equivalent of sorc capstone at level 12 by making everything vulnerable to your main multivial element after first hit
Throw in evasion, self heals, fantastic SLAs and it's fun and fast.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2021 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Both are very viable.   However neither are as strong as sorc, alch, or fvs IMO. 

But when you are destroying mobs with impunity it really doesn’t matter.  The only problem with vistani is the same problem with all melee in higher reapers.  But if you aren’t doing that it doesn’t matter

IP Logged

SockyMcSockerson
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2021 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Heavy armor 20 fighter capstone in vistani single weapon fighting dagger. Did that recently and it was tanky, and very strong. Mowed down mobs and never died.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint