Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Wood elf sorcerer (Read 5210 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Wood elf sorcerer
Reply #25 - Dec 14th, 2021 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Actually I carry the scroll heals around for healing party members in reaper content. I may only play R1 but I'll pug any reaper version you care to throw up an LFM for.

And yes I know how to scroll heal. I did that for many lives back when lag and weapon-swaps weren't so bad. I hated it enough that probably 70% of my heroic lives were done on Bladeforged. It was really funny playing a 19 fighter/1 paladin with a feat slot given up for quicken, but it did work(Note: I never actually played that build, all my fighter lives were done on 3 paladin/5 wizard/12 fighter back when it was decent).

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Dec 15th, 2021 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Why do I get the feeling you’d likely have a stroke playing a monk.

Or anything that uses more than LMB and W …

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #27 - Dec 15th, 2021 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Well there's a reason I never touched muncker and my old is currently doing duty as a mule. I think it was actually scroll-healing the monk they made me say "fuck it" and start playing BFs exclusively for a while.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Dec 15th, 2021 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Well having listened to the back and forth I think I'll keep avoiding scroll healing. I like to have a lot of different things to press, 10 from the mouse and 13 on the keyboard that I can regularly use without my brain falling out but I still find scroll healing clunky - my UMD is 100% but I just don't like it.

Each to their own I guess, I know I play fairly effectively and would rather stick to fun than aim to be in that top 1% elite - though I know that being as good as that is what other's find fun and it's (generally) nice to be in a group with them. At least this was a vault thread with minimum drama - thanks all for the input.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #29 - Dec 15th, 2021 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Your mom needs to heal her scrolls after I've yadda yadda yadda.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Dec 15th, 2021 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Yes yes I know, the vault is less about ideas these days and more about shitposts, sorry I've not done it right. If you want my comeback you'll have to scrape it off your grandma's teeth.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #31 - Dec 15th, 2021 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Dec 15th, 2021 at 3:08pm:
Well having listened to the back and forth I think I'll keep avoiding scroll healing. I like to have a lot of different things to press, 10 from the mouse and 13 on the keyboard that I can regularly use without my brain falling out but I still find scroll healing clunky - my UMD is 100% but I just don't like it.

See I'm 100% with you on all this. Even if lag weren't an issue, scroll-healing requires 2 buttons(1 to equip 1 to change back) and is STILL not a be-all end-all solution by itself(you really need 2-3 different healing sources). I'd rather have basically anything else. I know back when weapon swaps worked every time it wasn't so bad, but in the current version of DDO its pretty rotten.

Binkey wrote on Dec 15th, 2021 at 3:08pm:
Each to their own I guess, I know I play fairly effectively and would rather stick to fun than aim to be in that top 1% elite - though I know that being as good as that is what other's find fun and it's (generally) nice to be in a group with them. At least this was a vault thread with minimum drama - thanks all for the input.

Did you want more drama? I bet we can goad one of the fucktards into coming in for that.

Joking aside the big issue is when the 1%s try to impose their play style on the rest of us. Part of being a 1%er appears to be having your fun ruined by the other 99%.

IP Logged

Linker
Dragon Raider

It's all the same

Reply #32 - Dec 16th, 2021 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Copying DB or gungas insults won’t get you far here.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Dec 16th, 2021 at 9:09am
Print Post  
It was Jimmy Carr I was copying, in what I hoped was an obviously jokey way in answer to Kum-gulp and referencing the type of comments there usually are in vault threads.

The info I got was useful, so thanks to all who contributed. I have to say, I do miss the old vault, I've played some good builds that I would never have come up with myself and I'm eternally grateful for the practically unlimited amount of astral shards I have from all the duped stuff from years ago that I couldn't have done without the vault. Hopefully with the ED revamp there will be some more innovative builds in the works.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Dec 16th, 2021 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Dec 16th, 2021 at 9:09am:
It was Jimmy Carr I was copying, in what I hoped was an obviously jokey way in answer to Kum-gulp and referencing the type of comments there usually are in vault threads.

I got the joke, if that helps Tongue

Binkey wrote on Dec 16th, 2021 at 9:09am:
The info I got was useful, so thanks to all who contributed. I have to say, I do miss the old vault, I've played some good builds that I would never have come up with myself and I'm eternally grateful for the practically unlimited amount of astral shards I have from all the duped stuff from years ago that I couldn't have done without the vault. Hopefully with the ED revamp there will be some more innovative builds in the works.

The problem isn't so much that the Vault has changed as that the game has changed. Pre-reaper you had a diverse selection of top-tier builds and a lot of highly entertaining niche builds based usually around doing something silly, but effective through min-maxing(I had an arti/wizard build at one point that did fun stuff with lightning). The game was very much "find your fun" back then.

Now the meta has shifted entirely over to "what can solo R10". And a lot of the fun got left behind.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Dec 16th, 2021 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
mmmdurp?  Shocked

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #36 - Dec 16th, 2021 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Dec 16th, 2021 at 2:44pm:
mmmdurp?  Shocked

Well-said.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint