Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) 'Cringe Free' vault browsing (Read 8669 times)
Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

'Cringe Free' vault browsing
Sep 28th, 2022 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Someone a while back shared these filter rules on the Vault to be used with uBlock Origin and its so good.

My thanks and eternal gratitude to the guy who shared it.

Code
Select All
! 2022-02-22 http://www.ddovault.com
www.ddovault.com##.post-userinfo:has-text(Darcat):xpath(../../../../..)

! 2022-02-22 http://www.ddovault.com
www.ddovault.com##.post-userinfo:has-text(noamineo):xpath(../../../../..) 

You can just copy paste these rules and change the name in parenthesis as many times as you want.

Afaik it only works with uBlock origin, but if someone tech-savvy can adjust them to other addblockers or scripting addons you're welcome to share your results.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2022 at 6:43am by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Re: 'Cringe Free' vault browsing
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 8:36am
Print Post  
im not a big fan of mutes and ignores they are unhealthy non solutions. no one learns, no one evolves, it handicaps discussion, support, and disagreement. it evicerates a social environment, as everyone starts ignoring based on different criteria and no one knows who is actually able to see each others posts. less people are able to negatively reinforce bad behavior, less users will be exposed to positive criticism. stupidity will receive less rejection, accuracy less adoption. muting and ignoring does not solve a crying baby, does not resolve injury, does not correct the incorrect. it prevents exposure to alternative perspectives. it is another example of replacing utility with comfort, which is always at best a compromise and at worst a sensory depriving self abuse on par with gouging out your eyes and ice picking your ear drums.

even with retarded knn, while i occasionally bluffed that i had him ignored, i understood that intentionally forcing ignorance of his behavior upon myself would only diminish my ability to shit on his behavior and understand the knn story arc- thus i never ignored him for real, nor anyone else, nor any idea. ignoring things you dont like literally makes you ignorant.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 9:05am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 28th, 2022 at 8:36am:
im not a big fan of mutes and ignores they are unhealthy non solutions. no one learns, no one evolves, it handicaps discussion, support, and disagreement. it evicerates a social environment, as everyone starts ignoring based on different criteria and no one knows who is actually able to see each others posts. less people are able to negatively reinforce bad behavior, less users will be exposed to positive criticism. stupidity will receive less rejection, accuracy less adoption. muting and ignoring does not solve a crying baby, does not resolve injury, does not correct the incorrect. it prevents exposure to alternative perspectives. it is another example of replacing utility with comfort, which is always at best a compromise and at worst a sensory depriving self abuse on par with gouging out your eyes and ice picking your ear drums.

even with retarded knn, while i occasionally bluffed that i had him ignored, i understood that intentionally forcing ignorance of his behavior upon myself would only diminish my ability to shit on his behavior and understand the knn story arc- thus i never ignored him for real, nor anyone else, nor any idea. ignoring things you dont like literally makes you ignorant.

Mostly agree. Have never blocked someone on social media/forums. However, there are examples--and KNN was one--where the best thing you can say is nothing because they are literally feeding off of any reaction whatsoever. That being said, I'm not sure I ever blocked him. I just quit responding at all.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 10:04am
Print Post  
it's the good old Princess Potty filter.

I have it with Greasemonkey it's a bit longer but it works the same way :
Code
Select All
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Vault_Ignore
// @namespace   ddovault
// @description ignore specific users posts
// @include     http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=*
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// ==/UserScript==

var windowbg = document.getElementsByClassName("windowbg");
var windowbg2 = document.getElementsByClassName("windowbg2");
var w, x, y, z;
var patt = /viewprofile/;
var ignored = /KingNigNog|Saraqel|Niggatron|Jihadi John|The Gambler|Dr. Jim E. Rustle|Soulja Boy Tell Em|The Rock|2pac|loles|sobsob|hulk|lenders|sandy|saleha|guido|moses|dumbBear|Fag Master|THA #1 STUNNA|Theodore DiBiase III|The Most Interesting Man|flu|fret|Most Interesting Man|Stay Thirsty Faggots|Mike Hawk|@i@|^_^/;

for (w in windowbg) {
    if (windowbg[w].getElementsByTagName !== undefined) {
        var list = windowbg[w].getElementsByTagName("a");
        if (list.length >= 1) {
            for(x in list) {
                if (patt.test(list[x].href)) {
                    if (ignored.test(list[x].innerHTML)) {
                        var par = windowbg[w].parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode;
                        par.style.display = "none";
                    }
                }
            }
        }

}
}
for (y in windowbg2) {
    if (windowbg2[y].getElementsByTagName !== undefined) {
    var list = windowbg2[y].getElementsByTagName("a");
        if (list.length >= 1) {
            for(z in list) {
                if (patt.test(list[z].href)) {
                    if (ignored.test(list[z].innerHTML)) {
                        var par = windowbg2[y].parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode;
                        par.style.display = "none";
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Obviously the important line is the var ignored = one, the rest is just to make it work.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 10:31am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 28th, 2022 at 8:36am:

If you enjoy shitting on retards and "tryna fix" them all the more power to you.

I, on the other hand, had enough of certain folks. After thousands of posts there is no redemption for them.

Even spending a millisecond of my time reading their dipshit posts and validating their existence here is too much.

Yo go on ahead tho and "show em" how its done.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 11:37am
Print Post  
I’ve blocked you all.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
And there was much rejoicing.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
This may be an unpopular opinion but the overall vault banter I quite like, same for the ravings of Darcat when the poor chap forgets his meds, it's an insight into those not fortunate enough to have good mental health.

The only opinions I actually find shit to read are yours Alex, and those of a few others like you. I understand that you are really good at this game and play at a high level but whenever you post, mostly to shit on someone, it feels like seeing someone out for a nice jog in the park to keep fit, enjoying a summers day and having some olympic athlete sprint up to them saying "you can't go as fast as me, you might as well just kill yourself"

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
to be fair.. I am NOT a runner.... if you can't jog as fast as me you probably SHOULD kill yourself.....

Binkey wrote on Sep 28th, 2022 at 1:32pm:
This may be an unpopular opinion but the overall vault banter I quite like, same for the ravings of Darcat when the poor chap forgets his meds, it's an insight into those not fortunate enough to have good mental health.

The only opinions I actually find shit to read are yours Alex, and those of a few others like you. I understand that you are really good at this game and play at a high level but whenever you post, mostly to shit on someone, it feels like seeing someone out for a nice jog in the park to keep fit, enjoying a summers day and having some olympic athlete sprint up to them saying "you can't go as fast as me, you might as well just kill yourself"

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #9 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 2:54pm
Print Post  

Baby boy dont leave us hanging, do it you fucking pussy.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 28th, 2022 at 2:54pm:

For some reason I now have a strange urge to watch "Pump Up the Volume"  Undecided

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:

See that's banter! Well done. Not as good as Zooper's but still better than being a dick. Effort much appreciated.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Sep 28th, 2022 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Sep 28th, 2022 at 3:04pm:
For some reason I now have a strange urge to watch "Pump Up the Volume"  Undecided

His posts always make me want to go watch "A Clockwork Orange".

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #13 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 2:15pm
Print Post  

You forgot the "If you don't know how, I'm not gonna tell you, neener neener."

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #14 - Sep 29th, 2022 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 29th, 2022 at 2:15pm:
You forgot the "If you don't know how, I'm not gonna tell you, neener neener."

Awww, somebody's upset he wasn't invited to the club.

Sucks to suck.

Hint: It was your garbage builds.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Whatever happened to KnN?

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Did him and Uska hookup and produce noamineo?

IP Logged

liljiggy
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 6:12am
Print Post  
The guy who picks the name Alex DeLarge as his forum title turns out to be a bit of a prick.  No way anyone could have seen that coming  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 6:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
The guy who picks the name Alex DeLarge as his forum title turns out to be a bit of a prick.  No way anyone could have seen that coming

The original Alex had charisma, character growth and raped children. The vault version manages at most one out of the three.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Sep 30th, 2022 at 3:14am:

The leading theory is that KNN was actually a Hagmaster sock, AKA a grand sock, AKA a dragonborn sock. The entire debacle was a ridiculous radio-play created by a madman who has finally gotten board of harassing The Vault.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #20 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 30th, 2022 at 12:43pm:
The entire debacle was a ridiculous radio-play created by a madman who has finally gotten board of harassing The Vault.

He'll go off his meds and he'll start up again.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #21 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Sep 30th, 2022 at 12:57pm:
He'll go off his meds and he'll start up again.

The Vault attracts a strange amount of mental illness.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #22 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 30th, 2022 at 1:33pm:
The Vault attracts a strange amount of mental illness.

Even Darcat can't top Arturo.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Sep 30th, 2022 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Sep 30th, 2022 at 2:52pm:
Even Darcat can't top Arturo.

In sheer, balls-out insanity? Darcat wins every time. But I would say Hagmaster/KNN/Grand/Db beat out Arturo by a longshot. Arturo just did something that boarders on criminal.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #24 - Oct 1st, 2022 at 7:46am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Sep 30th, 2022 at 3:14am:

his asshole got eviscerated by chads, disappeared for a little while after some backpedaling and then posted a few more times before quietly fading off into the sunset he was a complete bitch lol

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint