Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Diablo 4 (Read 2578 times)
Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Re: Diablo 4
Reply #25 - Jul 4th, 2023 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 2nd, 2023 at 9:02pm:
I'm in torment now. Beat the dungeon at 63 solo. I think I'm either 69 or 70 now, it definitely picked up a bit but obviously the gear difference between sacred and ancestor is slowing me down atm.

Just dinged 100. Gonna start another toon, not sure what yet.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #26 - Jul 5th, 2023 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jul 4th, 2023 at 10:01pm:
Just dinged 100. Gonna start another toon, not sure what yet.

Grats. I'm thinking about switching to a druid here before long. Until some major balance changes occur with Necro, I cba to play bonespear meta.

Unfortunately for me, the way I'd like to play Necro got nerfed after people cried it was too OP in the beta. IE: Blood mist build.

I was digging the 'vampire' vibes.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #27 - Jul 6th, 2023 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
And the dev stream for Diablo 4 regarding the first season already has me wanting to give up and quit.

By no means was I expecting all of the content of the season to end up in the eternal realm for people like me that don't like regrinding an already massive grind, but the fact that the battlepass bullshit I paid for isn't even available with my existing character is blegh.

Genuinely feels bad and like they aren't actually listening to the playerbase.

At first I thought Blizzard was really aiming for 'casual gamers' aka: the 30-40 year olds that have played Diablo since they were tweens, but yeesh. Sounds like they're trying to aim for a different group now.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #28 - Jul 11th, 2023 at 7:05pm
Print Post  

Pretty much as soon as a game starts talking about seasons, I want to quit.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Jul 12th, 2023 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 6th, 2023 at 3:30pm:
At first I thought Blizzard was really aiming for 'casual gamers' aka: the 30-40 year olds that have played Diablo since they were tweens, but yeesh. Sounds like they're trying to aim for a different group now.

So who IS aiming for us 30-40 year olds?

Seriously. I have a ton of disposable income and feel like shockingly few game companies are interested in taking it from me.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #30 - Jul 14th, 2023 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 12th, 2023 at 7:16pm:

Seriously. I have a ton of disposable income and feel like shockingly few game companies are interested in taking it from me.

You've aged out of the system lol. I don't think any company is currently trying to aim for a demographic of middle aged gamers.

They all talk like they were a part of and design for this generation of gamers, but all clearly chase the zoomer cash crop with the way the design actually pans out.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #31 - Jul 15th, 2023 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 12th, 2023 at 7:16pm:

Educated customers are hard to please. Corporations go for that fresh uneducated meat.

I'm feelin you man.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #32 - Jul 17th, 2023 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 15th, 2023 at 11:39pm:
Educated customers are hard to please. Corporations go for that fresh uneducated meat.

Undecided

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #33 - Jul 19th, 2023 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 14th, 2023 at 12:13pm:
I don't think any company is currently trying to aim for a demographic of middle aged gamers.

The weird thing is, though, every game I play seems filled to the brim with the middle-aged demographic. I'll join some random guild and the only youngsters are kids of other members.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #34 - Jul 20th, 2023 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jul 19th, 2023 at 10:25pm:
The weird thing is, though, every game I play seems filled to the brim with the middle-aged demographic. I'll join some random guild and the only youngsters are kids of other members.

Depends a lot on the types of games you play. But even the genres you'd expect to be filled with younger people like shooters for instance, you still find a large population of 30+ year olds. So it's definitely odd as hell.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #35 - Aug 3rd, 2023 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
So I am having a blast with it. Have a 73 Rouge (Flurry/ Pen shot build) on the Eternal Realm and a 25 Druid ( Werewolf poison build)
I have not played in a week or do to work but just wanted to share my 2 thoughts.
Hated the renown grind. But at least you only had to do the idol of illth once. 

(i can't use mark and quote for some reason)
Posted by: Strake
Posted on: Jul 11th, 2023 at 7:05pm

Pretty much as soon as a game starts talking about seasons, I want to quit.

Well it is free and everyone has to start at lvl 1 again so it is a bit different. Also 10 bucks is not really a game breaker to me. the cosmetics look ok, I guess

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #36 - Aug 5th, 2023 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Aug 3rd, 2023 at 4:52pm:
Well it is free and everyone has to start at lvl 1 again so it is a bit different. Also 10 bucks is not really a game breaker to me. the cosmetics look ok, I guess

So I've been doing the free track on it because I'm too lazy to use my freebie unlock just yet.

My character for the season is a level 61 druid atm, and I'm about rank 55? (I forgot the actual number as I did the Amazon Prime +4), and let me tell you. They make you grind for the fucking ranks. Even if you do the season 'track' of quests/goals to reach, it's still a pain in the ass.

Like far worse than most game's battlepasses. Which is hilarious because as a company they've had experience with both the Battlepass in Diablo Immortal and Overwatch 2 to look at and say, "Yeah players hate doing shit solely to pad our metrics."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint