Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Epic levels gearing question (Read 4486 times)
Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Epic levels gearing question
Dec 22nd, 2022 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
I have the same issue every life, I re-gear at 20/21 with a mix of borderlands and a few decent bits of lvl 20 stuff and sometimes even keep my sharn set on.

By the time I get to 30, I have replaced only a few slots and my gear is feeling a bit lacking, but I don't much bother with the level 28/29 stuff as I'm turning in saga's by this point and only an hour or so from starting the next life.

Is it worth crafing a mid 20's set of gear which covers most of what is needed or is there named stuff out there in the mid 20's that is worth getting? If there is I can't see it. I rarely raid if that makes a difference.

I mainly play casters and hybrids.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2022 at 4:00pm by Binkey »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Epic levels gearing question
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2022 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Dec 22nd, 2022 at 3:57pm:
Is it worth crafing a mid 20's set of gear which covers most of what is needed or is there named stuff out there in the mid 20's that is worth getting? If there is I can't see it. I rarely raid if that makes a difference.

There is no named stuff in the mid-20s thats worth a damn. At lvl 26 you get LGS and raid gear from one very specific raid, but that's it.

That being said, some of the old S/S/S epic stuff is actually really good at lvl 20. Its not going to replace your sharn set, but some Sands and Red Fens Epic items might be worth the grind.

As for crafting, sure? ML24 crafted will be better than ML21 KotB and won't take much time/effort to assemble.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2022 at 8:51am
Print Post  
I usually just do borderlands/salt epic set with some fens/sands sets thrown in from 20-29 where I get into legendary stuff.
I used to regear at 26 but decided it wasn't worth the effort. Really the only rewason to get into legendary gear is for running higher skull legendary, if you are just etring, doing r1  legendary, probably not worth even worrying about that.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2022 at 10:27am
Print Post  
I have a crafted 20 set and a crafted 25 set and then just regear at level 29 and 30(32).

don't stress over having the "best" or "most optimized" between 20 and 29.  It's good enough for the crafted to get you to 29.  At that point you can run all level 23 quests and higher at high reapers for reaper xp.

Just get to level 29 as soon as possible which is very easy and quick to do.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2022 at 10:39am
Print Post  
I do the same Binkey.  Sharn gear to 28/29.  I only grab whatever item is needed at 21 and 25 to boost my main ability score.
Since this toon is on the TR train it also helps me travel light when emptying out the TR cache

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #5 - Dec 23rd, 2022 at 11:08am
Print Post  
All three types of Otto's Boxes are currently in the DDO store right now.

Just sayin'.

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2022 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Thanks everyone for the input.

It's a shame that almost all mid level epic loot is just so dull or outdated. I have a ton of ingredients as I hardly ever craft so I think I will dig out all the double augment slot blanks I've been hoarding and craft myself a mid 20's set to suit most builds.

I hadn't spotted the epic red fens stuff, a few bits of that look decent. Nice to have item set bonuses that don't cause too much gear tetris.

Quote:
All three types of Otto's Boxes are currently in the DDO store right now.

I've never used one and I think it would kill the game for me if I did. It's the one thing I wasn't able to dupe back in the day and that's a good thing.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2022 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Eveningstar challenge throwing weapons are still good enough to use if you grind out one of the good configurations. If you don't have any yet, you ought to get one of them at random within about two hours.

As a bonus, that'll also be like 600-700k XP without potions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Dec 26th, 2022 at 10:34am
Print Post  
New chrono set is pretty good at 20.

Sharn + chrono + Epic Voice + a decent sentient weapon is all you need for 20-28

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #9 - Dec 27th, 2022 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Bobbicus wrote on Dec 23rd, 2022 at 11:21pm:
Eveningstar challenge throwing weapons are still good enough to use if you grind out one of the good configurations. If you don't have any yet, you ought to get one of them at random within about two hours.

As a bonus, that'll also be like 600-700k XP without potions.

Are they still spellplague?

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Dec 28th, 2022 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Yeh. Realistically, Snowstar's gonna be a problem to beat, so you probably only care about the daggers.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Dec 29th, 2022 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
I think sharn plus Evoice plus 3 out of 5 chronoscope as 5fs said will work for me. A ring with charisma/insight charisma/festival charisma and something general like sheltering at lvl26 should be worth making to suplement it, or the same in a necklace but with evo focus. For Int casters i've got the 18 int from the memories helm that sees me through.

I don't often play throwers but I do love the spellplague ones. Just feels fun. I had a ton of duped mats so have all the good combinations.

IP Logged

ddocruncher
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Dec 30th, 2022 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Salt Marsh set if you upgrade to Epic is pretty good but a grind

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint