Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A survey - hooray (Read 2937 times)
Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

A survey - hooray
Jul 22nd, 2023 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Vote for the next setting. Official SSG survey till the 4th of August.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VCQMCNK

No idea why they didn't use the forum poll feature but a 3rd party side.
Oh well, this doesn't happen that often. And iirc they don't really follow through anyway or we had Kobolds as a player race. Or did Dragonborn win really that time?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Re: A survey - hooray
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2023 at 10:24am
Print Post  
the only right option here is planescape

IP Logged

liljiggy
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2023 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jul 22nd, 2023 at 9:00am:

No idea if you can see how many people have bothered signing up for the new forum but I suspect not very many have.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2023 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Jul 22nd, 2023 at 10:24am:
the only right option here is planescape

You're funny if you think there's actually a choice here.

It's going to be the Gith and Astral Plane. Sev has talked about it for years.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2023 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
I think it's funny how they have finally caught on to the survey monkey trend from more than ten years ago.
Can anyone say cutting edge IT company?
Just waiting for them to try to Rick roll someone.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ͩͩͩͩͩͩ

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2023 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
these people are retards, i voted very unlikely on all becuae its very unlikely i would run this hapster wheel again unless lynabel personally sucked my dick in the front window of macys in newyork on christmas eve
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2023 at 10:40pm by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2023 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Jul 22nd, 2023 at 9:00am:
Vote for the next setting. Official SSG survey till the 4th of August.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VCQMCNK

Oh well, this doesn't happen that often. And iirc they don't really follow through anyway or we had Kobolds as a player race. Or did Dragonborn win really that time?

They didn't put it up on the forum because they don't want feedback.  The survey is just "do you like this? answer 1-5". 

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2023 at 12:06am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jul 22nd, 2023 at 10:40pm:
these people are retards, i voted very unlikely on all becuae its very unlikely i would run this hapster wheel again unless lynabel personally sucked my dick in the front window of macys in newyork on christmas eve

I can't be the only one who would pay to see that.  Right?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2023 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Shinyshoes wrote on Jul 22nd, 2023 at 4:21pm:
Just waiting for them to try to Rick roll someone.

Watch the next live stream.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Shinyshoes
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2023 at 4:12am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 23rd, 2023 at 1:03am:
Watch the next live stream.

Life is too short.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2023 at 5:52am
Print Post  
1% of users use the forum.
100% of users see the launcher.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2023 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 22nd, 2023 at 2:21pm:
It's going to be the Gith and Astral Plane. Sev has talked about it for years.

Sadly.... Myth Drannor, Sigil, Ravenloft would attract more people than Astral Plane.... But there's now 99.99999% chances that we will get Astral Crap because Sev has a hard on about it.

higgildypiggildy wrote on Jul 23rd, 2023 at 5:52am:
1% of users use the forum.
100% of users see the launcher.

You need to revise those numbers... there's less than 100% of users that see the launcher.

Personally I only see it when they create a new "world" ( client_map_X.dat where X is the 'world' number ) because PyLoTRO patcher can't create new world files. And there's all the people that uses the VOK launcher

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #12 - Jul 23rd, 2023 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Anything which gives Sev a boner is probably a better idea than something which doesn't...

Why?

He is one of the few competent people at the company and if he gives up (in his heart) then the game is in deep shit.

I mean look at the Vecna XPAC. It is absolute fucking dogshit. You thought Saltmarsh and Shadowfail were bad? Holy shit I have a Sharn recycled asset patch to sell you.

God bless the silly cunts who give them $100 or some bollucks for a cat mount.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2023 at 10:57am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Killtard
Waterworks Kobold

I love killing tards!

Reply #13 - Jul 23rd, 2023 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jul 22nd, 2023 at 10:40pm:

fag saying faggot stuff

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #14 - Jul 23rd, 2023 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 23rd, 2023 at 8:34am:
Sadly.... Myth Drannor, Sigil, Ravenloft would attract more people than Astral Plane.... But there's now 99.99999% chances that we will get Astral Crap because Sev has a hard on about it.

I'm not a fan of the Gith personally. Never have liked them as a race, and definitely wasn't a fan of their uses in the BG and NWN over the years.

I would hope they're smart enough to notice me constantly reiterating that they should do Kalashtar as a F2P human variant to launch along side the update. Because fuck Gith, give me the actual Eberron race for Psionics.

IP Logged

Hardcore_Girl
Dragon Raider

Hardcore or Go home!

Reply #15 - Jul 24th, 2023 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Its going to be Astral plane and Gith. This survey is for "we listened to our players" crap they can put later on.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #16 - Jul 24th, 2023 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 23rd, 2023 at 8:34am:

To be fair, they did let players chose if to get epic necro or epic gianthold first. All those things may be "viable" or even have some assets ready they will prioritize in releasing/combining. I have nothing against new content as long as they do things properly and by this I mean stick to the original content.

'member haunted halls of Eveningstar and Ravenloft? 'member?

The chances of getting quality are low but not exactly zero.

Quote:
You need to revise those numbers... there's less than 100% of users that see the launcher.

Personally I only see it when they create a new "world" ( client_map_X.dat where X is the 'world' number ) because PyLoTRO patcher can't create new world files. And there's all the people that uses the VOK launcher

Well, well, well...look who's all fancy with a custom launcher and stuff. Fucking hipster nerd  Grin (just kidding you chérie, you know I love you)

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #17 - Jul 24th, 2023 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jul 24th, 2023 at 9:22am:
'member haunted halls of Eveningstar and Ravenloft? 'member?

They had books to follow, and in the case of Ravenloft, I'm certain they had orders from WoTC to strictly follow the book and no deviation allowed. You can play the whole Ravenloft pack following what's written in the Ravenloft 5th ed book.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #18 - Jul 24th, 2023 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 24th, 2023 at 10:33am:
They had books to follow, and in the case of Ravenloft, I'm certain they had orders from WoTC to strictly follow the book and no deviation allowed. You can play the whole Ravenloft pack following what's written in the Ravenloft 5th ed book.

I know, it was the point. Some of the stuff they asked us about are actual pnp material just like the two packs I mentioned.
See, if they have someone to check up on them and constantly remind them to not fuck up, they can actually produce pretty good stuff.

You would think that after the good reviews they got from those packs, they would race to introduce all of them.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #19 - Jul 24th, 2023 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Jul 24th, 2023 at 2:12pm:
I know, it was the point. Some of the stuff they asked us about are actual pnp material just like the two packs I mentioned.
See, if they have someone to check up on them and constantly remind them to not fuck up, they can actually produce pretty good stuff.

You would think that after the good reviews they got from those packs, they would race to introduce all of them.

My guess is WotC being the scum they are; likely also charge a hefty licensing fee for every 'classic module' used in DDO.

Ravenloft was a huge success, but notice that in the years since they only rumble about maybe returning to Ravenloft. And the last time it was seriously mentioned was when Van Richten's guide came out, presumably because they thought they might be able to use a coinciding release to loosen WotC's licensing fee a bit.

I guarantee we only got Vecna due to his resurgence within 5E and the Stranger Things coopting the character.

Which following the trend is why beyond a shadow of a doubt, whatever the survey says, the data will be told to us players as the Astral Sea and Gith. Why because the Gith are the poster child of Baldur's Gate 3, and likely SSG has gotten a lowered price on their inclusion due to all of the hype around BG3.
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2023 at 6:09pm by Edrein »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #20 - Jul 24th, 2023 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 24th, 2023 at 4:26pm:
My guess is WotC being the scum they are; likely also charge a hefty licensing fee for every 'classic module' used in DDO.

Ravenloft was a huge success, but notice that in the years sense they only rumble about maybe returning to Ravenloft. And the last time it was seriously mentioned was when Van Richten's guide came out, presumably because they thought they might be able to use a coinciding release to loosen WotC's licensing fee a bit.

I guarantee we only got Vecna due to his resurgence within 5E and the Stranger Things coopting the character.

Which following the trend is why beyond a shadow of a doubt, whatever the survey says, the data will be told to us players as the Astral Sea and Gith. Why because the Gith are the poster child of Baldur's Gate 3, and likely SSG has gotten a lowered price on their inclusion due to all of the hype around BG3.

great points

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #21 - Jul 25th, 2023 at 12:02pm
Print Post  

The price might not be that hefty, after all WOTC wanted both games to have a Ravenloft extension to support the book sales. They can't really ask for a hefty price when they order things to be done.

Now, it would be strange... The Sword Coast has been Forbidden Land since Neverwinter Online was released. ( and before that bringing Faerun in DDO was not even an option ).
that was the choice of WoTC : Sword Coast and all the shinies there belongs to NWO, Things far away from the Sword Coast can be considered for DDO... That's why we got Eveningstar, and talks of Anauroch...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint