Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Drop rates fall since 61.1? (Read 3244 times)
Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Drop rates fall since 61.1?
Sep 17th, 2023 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Maybe I just had insanely, abysmally, inexplicable bad luck but is anyone experiencing EXTREMELY low drop rates lately?

Run I.o.D on legendary and rerolled 2 end chests 3 times for a grand total of 18 chests with potential nameds. Got shit. Absolute zero

Log another toon and run heroic Saltmars. Almost entire chain and several chests rerolled until dry and got a 2 nameds.

All this happening since the patch. Just me?
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2023 at 3:30pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Drop rates sinked since 61.1?
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
According to the motherboards insanely, abysmally, inexplicable bad luck is normal. According to the idiot statisticians over there, something highly unlikely happening on a regular, predictable basis is normal.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
This was proven awhile ago.  When there's an event, you'll see a drop in the loot tables.  They just do an across the board, brunt code that changes all chests, not just the ones being used for the event.

If some chests are going to drop coins or whatever, it cuts into the usual loot.  Even chests that don't drop the event currency will feel the pinch.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Sep 17th, 2023 at 4:17pm:
This was proven awhile ago.  When there's an event, you'll see a drop in the loot tables.  They just do an across the board, brunt code that changes all chests, not just the ones being used for the event.

If some chests are going to drop coins or whatever, it cuts into the usual loot.  Even chests that don't drop the event currency will feel the pinch.

Plausible.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2023 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Sep 17th, 2023 at 6:01pm:
Plausible.

"Proof" and "Proof that makes SSG do work" are two very different things, but it certainly sounds plausible.

Someone could probably write a paper on ow broken the drop rates are on this game. Even after peer review, SSG still would not accept it.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Fort those interested, I'm going to link my thread from last year where I break down the differences before, during and after an event (plus a more detailed break down from someone else to back the findings).  It's also when I discovered higgildypiggildy is as dumb as banana fag.  Maybe dumber. 

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1666029775

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 6:10am
Print Post  
I was hoping on more data but okay. I know better than running into a rabbit hole full of shit and lies by SSG.

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 6:15am
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Sep 17th, 2023 at 4:17pm:

Not a farfetched scenario at all.  Ever since Cove came back with those stupid cove chests that give out useless crap, I've noticed some end chests that give one random lootgen, some plat, and a gem instead of the usual cannith thing, guidl renown and a scroll or something.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2023 at 6:16am by Notanarc »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint