Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bought Isle of Dread last night (Read 4899 times)
liljiggy
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Bought Isle of Dread last night
Dec 4th, 2023 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
When they finally get expansions on sale, it'll usually get me to play for at least another month or two (not enough to put in the time for the God awful grind for the crafting of the month though).  There's a pick your own discount going on right now and I got the far too expensive expansion for 30% off.

Saw that I needed to run an intro quest to access the wilderness area (after waiting 5 minutes of a frozen store to even buy the pack) and logged immediately off.  The past 3 years has been nothing but doubling down on bad ideas or clunky and tired game mechanics, I'm beyond done with this dev "team."

Watched interrogation videos instead.  There's a youtube channel called Explore With Us that's really interesting.  I highly recommend it.

Much better time spent than on DDO.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Bought Isle of Dread last night
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
You can step in the quest and back out to go to the island without running the quest.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Dec 4th, 2023 at 1:01pm:
When they finally get expansions on sale, it'll usually get me to play for at least another month or two (not enough to put in the time for the God awful grind for the crafting of the month though).  There's a pick your own discount going on right now and I got the far too expensive expansion for 30% off.

Saw that I needed to run an intro quest to access the wilderness area (after waiting 5 minutes of a frozen store to even buy the pack) and logged immediately off.  The past 3 years has been nothing but doubling down on bad ideas or clunky and tired game mechanics, I'm beyond done with this dev "team."

Watched interrogation videos instead.  There's a youtube channel called Explore With Us that's really interesting.  I highly recommend it.

Much better time spent than on DDO.

Isn't there a history of running an intro quest or running a wilderness area to get to a main pack of quests?

Sometimes I think it isn't the dev team. It's just us getting old and cranky.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

liljiggy
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Dec 4th, 2023 at 3:58pm:
Isn't there a history of running an intro quest or running a wilderness area to get to a main pack of quests?

Ravenloft and Sharn, right?  Oh, shitty island pack that everyone hates.  Think that's it.  Want to say maybe the Vail for awhile, but they dropped it because it was a crappy mechanic that everyone hated - and even that was just talking to someone before hand to open it up, not even a full quest.

The general consensus on the board for years has been; we shouldn't have to run X to do Y and Z.  Chains that have to be run in order are horrible in general and while it might add to immersive storytelling, all it does is punish (or make it impossible) for late comers to join a party in progress.  Yeah, it's great story telling the first fucking time, but not when you're running the same chain for the 100th time because the game is designed to be grindy.

Point being; this is something we've asked them to step away from (and retroly change in older packs), instead they've doubled down on it over the past 5 years.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2023 at 4:57pm by liljiggy »  

IP Logged

Ferd
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
If you can't complete a 6 second quest on casual to get into the pack you're a tool.

Go group with Nomoron.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Dec 4th, 2023 at 4:57pm:
Ravenloft and Sharn, right?  Oh, shitty island pack that everyone hates.  Think that's it.  Want to say maybe the Vail for awhile, but they dropped it because it was a crappy mechanic that everyone hated - and even that was just talking to someone before hand to open it up, not even a full quest.

The general consensus on the board for years has been; we shouldn't have to run X to do Y and Z.  Chains that have to be run in order are horrible in general and while it might add to immersive storytelling, all it does is punish (or make it impossible) for late comers to join a party in progress.  Yeah, it's great story telling the first fucking time, but not when you're running the same chain for the 100th time because the game is designed to be grindy.

Point being; this is something we've asked them to step away from (and retroly change in older packs), instead they've doubled down on it over the past 5 years.

Meh. There's a way around it. But, it involves buying the top pack for the teleport item. Not the worst sales strategy, imo.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
You’re a whiny cunt.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

liljiggy
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2023 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 4th, 2023 at 10:15pm:
You’re a whiny cunt.

Maybe.

But you've already proven yourself a toady, and that's worse.  I'd much rather be the guy complaining about and refusing to eat a pile of shit than the guy who actually pays for it and wants to eat his shit in peace.

Because that's what it is at this point.  We've long since went from "it's not as good as it used to be" or even "not as good as it could be" to them feeling confident in serving up a plate of pure shit at this point.

Enjoy your meal.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2023 at 10:40am
Print Post  
liljiggy wrote on Dec 5th, 2023 at 4:28am:
Maybe

No, you totally are.

The fuck are you expecting? To run a chain a couple of times and drop all named items and enough crafting materials to fill a couple of bags?

IOD even managed to fix the horrendous crafting of LGS where you don't even need to run end game raid to get end game weapons and stuff (atm). Even goddamn Ravenloft, an expansions regarded by many as the absolute best, has an introductory quest. I managed to craft my first complete weapon running the entire chain a couple of times plus 4 or 5 wilderness runs to hunt for pearls and I still had leftover materials

Gotta agree with Gunga on this one. You're a whiny cunt mate

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2023 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Dec 5th, 2023 at 10:40am:
Gotta agree with Gunga on this one. You're a whiny cunt mate

I'd put this thread about on par with a Gnomeo post. Some basic bitch whining because they don't actually play the game and want instant gratification.

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Dec 14th, 2023 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Yikes. No wonder this forum is reliant on exploits to get anything done.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint