Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rolling a fighter. (Read 7021 times)
woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Rolling a fighter.
Aug 11th, 2010 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Starting a new toon and want to roll a fighter.

But I'm stuck on a desicion between TWF d-axe dwarf or TWF Khopesh human. Thoughts, suggestions, opinions, and arguments wanted.

Thanks.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Rolling a fighter.
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 1:22pm:
Starting a new toon and want to roll a fighter.

But I'm stuck on a desicion between TWF d-axe dwarf or TWF Khopesh human. Thoughts, suggestions, opinions, and arguments wanted.

Thanks.

I have a TWF dorf kensai III, Dreckler. D Axes seem to be easier to come by than khops, to me at least. If you have a bunch of larges, that isn't going to matter, since you will be crafting quickly.

I guess it comes down to how you want to work AP's. Dorf gets the axe enhancements and human gets the versatility.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I have a TWF dorf kensai III, Dreckler. D Axes seem to be easier to come by than khops, to me at least. If you have a bunch of larges, that isn't going to matter, since you will be crafting quickly.

I guess it comes down to how you want to work AP's. Dorf gets the axe enhancements and human gets the versatility.

I'm partial to Dwarfs...purely for irrational reasons.  I just always like playing dwarfs but I agree the Khopesh market can get be a bit harsh.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
I have aquired enough khop's and d-axes in my time to outfit either or fairly well until about lvl 12. So beginning gear is not an issue.

I think whats going to boil down to is whether or not I want to do more damage to crittable mobs/bosses or more damage to non-crittable mobs/bosses.

Question 2: This will be my first TWF build. Is OTWF needed or not. I'm sure it helps in lower lvls but is it nessary in the upper lvls with all the items and buffs I will have going into a quest?
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2010 at 2:57pm by woody »  

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
U want a twf human kensai with ability to tank with 62 intim (more if u go 16 str) 77 turtle ac. Look up my DPS/Intimitank in forums

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Aside from the raid gear and the +4/+3 tomes seems pretty doable. One question though; why the conc-opp item? I have one on my cleric and it does'nt seem to proc enough either hp or sp to make that much of a difference.

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 7:50pm:
Aside from the raid gear and the +4/+3 tomes seems pretty doable. One question though; why the conc-opp item? I have one on my cleric and it does'nt seem to proc enough either hp or sp to make that much of a difference.

the only tome u really need is the +3 dex for twf feats. rest of tomes are gravy. with 34 or even 36 pt builds, the +3 dex isnt even necessary. what i did was to get 2 crap feats and then grind shroud for a +3 dex tome then do 2 feat respec (1 using a shard another using the free lockania respect, this way i save on costs and dun need to wait 3 days)

conc opp item was for the will save mainly (until i got kyosho), but its also very good in tank mode where you in shield block mode can have both the cloak and leviks proccing hp on me. saved my ass many times when i did vod with incompetent healers

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #7 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 9:06pm:
conc opp item was for the will save mainly (until i got kyosho), but its also very good in tank mode where you in shield block mode can have both the cloak and leviks proccing hp on me. saved my ass many times when i did vod with incompetent healers

That makes more sense. At first it just seemed like you put it on there just because you had the extra larges laying around. I will give it a try and see how I like it. Getting burnt out of playing support classes and wanted something where I could just beat on stuff with as little hotbar button pushing as possible. What about OTWF? Is that still needed? Or did you get it to just fill a space?

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
i hate attacking penalties lol

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Aug 11th, 2010 at 10:30pm:
i hate attacking penalties lol

If OTWF is taken more as an OCD thing and is not needed then would it be better to take SF:UMD instead to get a better chance on your UMD rolls?

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Aug 13th, 2010 at 2:30pm:
If OTWF is taken more as an OCD thing and is not needed then would it be better to take SF:UMD instead to get a better chance on your UMD rolls?

actually i ditched ironwill for umd Tongue

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
woody wrote on Aug 13th, 2010 at 2:30pm:

OTWF is almost always a poor feat choice.  Take SF:UMD if it will help.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2010 at 10:16pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #12 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 13th, 2010 at 10:15pm:
OTWF is almost always a poor feat choice.  Take SF:UMD if it will help.

Or both. You can take useful feats, or stack 6 toughness like some. When I TR my fighter/Rogue to Human, I will take 2-3 toughness feats.

Those Djinns in Epic VoN6 are a bitch to hit, I wouldn't drop OTWF on a fighter build after running epics. Just my opinion of course.
Epic Lailait is also a cunt to hit.

I'm also lazy and use a Daxe and Khopesh to bypass Devil boss DR, no min2 yet.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #13 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 9:14am
Print Post  
What type of AC numbers should I be looking at as I progress? What should I be looking for in the mid lvls going through gh and whatnot?

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #14 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 9:17am
Print Post  
What I find daunting when considering TWF on my fighter, is the AH prices on shield wands. Angry

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Aug 16th, 2010 at 9:17am:
What I find daunting when considering TWF on my fighter, is the AH prices on shield wands. Angry

roll a caster, i still have abt 15 fully charged L10 shield wands

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 9:44am
Print Post  
woody wrote on Aug 16th, 2010 at 9:14am:
What type of AC numbers should I be looking at as I progress? What should I be looking for in the mid lvls going through gh and whatnot?

twf? or with shield?

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #17 - Aug 16th, 2010 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Either or will work. I was just wanting to get a general idea of the numbers I shuold be aiming for as I get to certain points in the game with this build.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:13am
Print Post  
So far my Level 11 Dwarf SD with little love (+5 MFP, +4 Mith Tower Shield) self buffs to 52ac.
More with songs, full bark, haste, stance etc.

The only issue is to hit with CE active, use a +5 DA of righteousness most of the time to help here. Then a +3 Holy GA for DPS with PA.

Based on advice from Aranticus, and level 13 should see close to 60 self buffed AC with rituals etc. Slow going though as I have a TR I am about to start.

I plan to tank VoD at 14 Smiley

Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:13am:
So far my Level 11 Dwarf SD with little love (+5 MFP, +4 Mith Tower Shield) self buffs to 52ac.

The only issue is to hit with CE active, use a +5 DA of righteousness most of the time to help here. Then a +3 Holy GA for DPS with PA.

Based on advice from Aranticus, and level 13 should see close to 60 self buffed AC with rituals etc. Slow going though as I have a TR I am about to start.

u just need 56 intim to tank suulo on normal, its not hard

base intim = 17, item = 13, 18 cha = 4, gh = 4, ftr intim = 4, feats = 5, luck = 2, cha skill = 6
total = 51

throw in bard song u hit 53, add in 2 tiers of defender or a higher cha and u nailed it

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #20 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:13am:

Thats good to know. I am doing well on gearing my fighter then. All I am missing is +5 MFP. Using +4 right now. For DPS I am using +3 Flaming burst khop of pg with force crit and +4 Frost Khop of Pg in the off hand. Also have equiped the ring of vemon when in dps mode as it adds sneak attack damage(like a mini tharnes). When I hit lvl 12 I will be swapping the +4 Frost of pg for a +4 flaming burst of pg with force crit. Never having played a melee before when I see the long string of damage numbers when I crit it makes me feel like I am doing something right. Grin

I have a few items I am wanting for the build(Gird, Bloodstone, ect) and am currently building up funds to trade for or farm what I want. I wish I had started this toon earlier when the risa alter was still up. I got two Icy burst kits collecting dust right now.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2010 at 8:51am by woody »  

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #21 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Question on items I want for soloing: Is there an item that has a Displacment or blur clickie or should I stock up on scrolls/wands when my UMD gets high enough?

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 10:19am
Print Post  
smoke2 shroud or get elf marks

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #23 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 10:19am:
smoke2 shroud or get elf marks

Hmm. Might have to make do with scrolls/wands for the time being then. Already got enough shroud items planned and dont know if I want to use the feats for the elf marks(and I'm human Smiley) Thanks for the info.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #24 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Aim for 28UMD at least, 5min shield and Blur wands.

11+4+3+3+5+6= 30
Base+GH+bunny hate+SF UMD+cha+gs cha skills

Displacement scrolls are good too, just long enough for most fights.

Then you are good for fireshield scrolls and stoneskin wands (until min2 or DQ2).

If you manage 32UMD, lvl 11 resist wands and lvl 10 blur/shield wands become more viable.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint