Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Equipment Question (Read 7247 times)
Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Equipment Question
Reply #25 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 8:50am
Print Post  
thats coz ya gimped

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #26 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Addressing the original question of gear, versus the current question of possible other builds.

Keep running (not kidding) Waterworks, STK, Catacombs, Deleras, maybe even Sharn Syndicate, then Phiarlan Carnival.

Q: "But dude, these seem really stupid, why?"

A: The quest chain end rewards.  Some of the named ones can be really nice.  Go to [url]http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=249178]The Loot Thread[/url], look up : Carnifex, Antique Greataxe, Full Plate of the Ringleader, Black Wolfskin Belt/Bracers/Gauntlets, Cloven Jaw War Beads.

All these are low ML items that give benefits greater than regular items of their level.  Most also happen to be Bound to Account, so if you have a shared bank, you farm them on your highest toon, get them, and they are your de-facto hand-me-downs for every toon you roll thereafter.

Other than the named items, almost every other item on these lists will be bound to account, and will have a minimum level lower than normal.  Maybe in Deleras you get a Cha +3 ML:5 Cloak, normally ML:7.  That kind of stuff is nice.

This is assuming you don't mind spending.. I don't know, max time 3-4 hours on your higher level toon zerging through some chains to equip all your future characters with what is necessary, levels 2-7 or so.

As far as gear locations/placements on your toons, one fairly regular configuration *can* be:

Wis Necklace, Cha Cloak, Con Belt, Str Bracers, Dex Gloves.

Any of these can be switched to ring slots, since rings can have any stat associated with them.  Other than named items, bracers are home to Str, +Armor (not stacking with regular armor), and Magical School focus.  The AH should tell you similar.  Gloves is home to Str or Dex, Boots can also have Dex. 

When I'm a little more awake, I might try to put this in a more coherent post/guide.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 4:07am
Print Post  
ddo isnt that hard that you cant speed to L9 without twinking. carnifex i agree is a solid addition.... if you can have it drop in your list.....

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #28 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Aranticus wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 at 4:07am:
ddo isnt that hard that you cant speed to L9 without twinking. carnifex i agree is a solid addition.... if you can have it drop in your list.....

Totally agreed.  The first 10 levels are fairly easy to get to based on one's build; gear is nice, but not a necessity.

That said, I've ended up accumulating these items on favor runs/leveling lowbies, kept them, and most end up being the basis for my new toons' stuff.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

(.)
Waterworks Kobold

Ebading a van XD

Reply #29 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]