Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ranger/ Sorc (Read 1227 times)
PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Ranger/ Sorc
Aug 30th, 2010 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
I just wanted to ask a general opinion question.  Keep in mind that I’m not a min-maxer, I tend to make character decisions based on what sounds like fun.  At the moment, my highest level toon is at 10. (a pally, whose race shall remain undisclosed due to unwritten code of the forum)  The point is, I know diddly-squat about higher level game play.

I have a toon that’s a ranger/sorc, which I created for the hell of it.  My basic plan is to go ranger-12  sorc-8, with the sorc bit maxed for hot/cold and mainly able to buff, and the ranger bit tempest 2.  My question is, based on this meager information, at what level do you think this toon will completely gimp out?

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Phidius
Korthos Resident

Re: Ranger/ Sorc
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
It will depend greatly on when you take each level.

If you do 1-8 Sorc, then probably level 9-11

If you do 1-12 Ranger, then probably level 13-15.

I got a similar build ( Halfling 12 Ranger/7 Wiz/1 Monk) to 17 before I gave up on him.  My excuse is that it was back during the content drought of 2008-2009 Smiley

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Thanks bunches!  It looks like she can be viable long enough to have a good time, and that's all I was worried about.

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Axeman
Waterworks Kobold

ESAD

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
I really don't understand the reason for Sorcerer on a Ranger.

There is no synergy between the classes.

If a casting ranger is what you want to play then I think Wizard would be a much better build.

I understand your have fun stance, but with Ran/Sorc you are going to be spreading points too thin for the toon to be of any fun, or benefit.

If you just want to experiment then go for it. But if you want to take this experiment to cap I would recommend Wiz.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
I'm just fucking around with it really.  I knew from the get go that the toon would only get so far.  Sorc's get a nice mana boost, and it's fun to be able to camo buff the whole party.  I am more familiar with building sorcs that wizzies.  They suit me better.  Not as versatile, but more power.

That toon is also running with a rogue, and I wanted a doggy right away to take agro.  I like doggies, doggies cute!

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
casters are really good for the self buffs but unfortunately, you are taking a massive dps loss. your damage spells are going to be weak, you wont get tempest III (+% off hand proc) or AAIII (500 vorpal hits). to put it very honestly, you are just 1 away from being a piker

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 2:04am
Print Post  
I know I won't get to Tempest III, that's why it's 12 Ranger, just to get me to II.  I knew this toon would gimp at some point.  I've got other toons to get me to higher levels, if I didn't gimp them by accident, but they are doing well so far.  Guess I'll find out.

IP Logged

(.)
Waterworks Kobold

Ebading a van XD

Reply #7 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint