Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic need a good cleric build/advice (Read 1420 times)
Tspoon
Ex Member

need a good cleric build/advice
Sep 7th, 2010 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
*moved from the guild forum*

need a good cleric build/advice or just some thoughts on spending attribute points and feats.  this would be for a lesser reincarnation.

Pspoon my lvl19 elven cleric is ok, but and old build.  His main problems are 10 con and 15 dex base stats, back when I thougth I wouldn't need a lot of HPs and that I could help out using a paralizing bow (hense the 15dx and elf) 

I probably wouldn't choose elf again were I to TR or roll a new cleric, but I am stuck with elf.  He's got good gear, the reaver gloves, the lorriks set.  I even have a +3 wis tome.  I don't want to TR him, the cleric passive feat is ok, but the other one seems to suck ass.  I just want a healbot, raid and epic potential, relying mostly on BB and destruct as the offense side of things.  Will likely go radiant servant with the empower healing feat, but not use the aura much.

I am thinking of 10 10 14 9 18 11, or int 8 char 12.  I could drop str to 8 but then be vunerable to stat damage...  if someone has a good build to point to, that would be grand.  T
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2010 at 3:53pm by »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: need a good cleric build/advice
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:

The what forum?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:

need a good cleric build/advice or just some thoughts on spending attribute points and feats.  this would be for a lesser reincarnation.

Pspoon my lvl19 elven cleric is ok, but and old build.  His main problems are 10 con and 15 dex base stats, back when I thougth I wouldn't need a lot of HPs and that I could help out using a paralizing bow (hense the 15dx and elf) 

I probably wouldn't choose elf again were I to TR or roll a new cleric, but I am stuck with elf.  He's got good gear, the reaver gloves, the lorriks set.  I even have a +3 wis tome.  I don't want to TR him, the cleric passive feat is ok, but the other one seems to suck ass.  I just want a healbot, raid and epic potential, relying mostly on BB and destruct as the offense side of things.  Will likely go radiant servant with the empower healing feat, but not use the aura much.

I am thinking of 10 10 14 9 18 11, or int 8 char 12.  I could drop str to 8 but then be vunerable to stat damage...  if someone has a good build to point to, that would be grand.  T

Elf is not a terrible race for clerics, but probably not optimal unless you are going for a battle cleric with dual scimitars or the like. 

If you just want a heal bot with some offensive casting, then the 10 str and 10 dex work.  14 con is fine too.  There's not much a cleric needs for skill points, besides concentration, so putting more in INT is kind of a waste.  I guess you could hit balance or jump, but it's not going to do much for the build.  Charisma  has some moderate benefits to your turns, and thus, your DV's.  I'd go 8 INT and 12 CHA vs. 9/11.

The only other line I would consider would be:

14/10/14/8/18/8 and give up on the charisma for a bit better melee ability. 

From there, your feats should be:

Extend
Quicken
Empower Healing
Maximize
Toughness
and then you can choose between:
Mental Tough
Imp Mental Tough
Spell Pen I
Spell Pen II
Weapon Focus/THF/IC Crit (for a more melee focus)

If you want to land your insta-death and cc at higher levels, I'd go with the spell pen feats. 

If you just want to BB, cometfall mostly, I'd go with the mental toughnesses

Enhancements are pretty standard.  Take what you need to get Radiant Servant (if only for the boost to emp healing and the regeneration of turn attempts), max the sp line, the healing % line, the crit healing chance and %, the wand/scroll mastery, any toughness, wisdom bumps, spell pen line, efficient emp  healing. 

Sounds like you have some decent gear.  The usual shroud HP item, Con Opp/wisdom shroud item, and a ToD set should do it. 

Sorry I don't have a fully fleshed build.  Sirgog and Aranticus should have that covered, though.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 at 4:18pm:
The what forum?

The Good For You forum   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Aranticus
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
i usually run the nuker types so i generally go for humans for that extra feat

IP Logged

Nancy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
His main problems are 10 con and 15 dex base stats

Agreed, especially the con.  You'll find that with better con, you can share the healing aura not just between fights but on the periphery of 'em.   Make con a priority.  Even more important as a secondary stat than charisma after you max wisdom.  Dex, don't worry.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Agreed, especially the con.  You'll find that with better con, you can share the healing aura not just between fights but on the periphery of 'em.   Make con a priority.  Even more important as a secondary stat than charisma after you max wisdom.  Dex, don't worry.

Seems like everytime I share my aura people yell at me and wipe it off... except Gawna.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #7 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 6:16pm
Print Post  

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint