Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic TRd Rogue (Read 6205 times)
Theft
Korthos Resident

Habitual.0

TRd Rogue
Jan 3rd, 2011 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
I am thinking once I get my GS items complete and farm a few items from VON and VOD I am going to TR Theft. With a name like Theft you really can;t do anything but a rogue build. This version of him is a well rounded Mechanic. (I made him based on my experience with Pen and Paper) I have since found out that a) a mechanic build is near useless for things other than traps. I still dish out a lot of DPS but, I know going Assassin will give me vorp strikes.

I am trying to decide between Human for the feat, halfling for the DEX and 34 point build, or Drow for the stats but it would be a 30 point build. I know I will be taking improved critical for rapiers and over-sized TWF to not get the penalty. Max out Dex and hive a high INT and need to work on WIS/CHA for use magic device and other WIS skills.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Theft . Judaah
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings. - Diogenes of Sinope

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Re: TRd Rogue
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Theft wrote on Jan 3rd, 2011 at 4:21pm:
I am thinking once I get my GS items complete and farm a few items from VON and VOD I am going to TR Theft. With a name like Theft you really can;t do anything but a rogue build. This version of him is a well rounded Mechanic. (I made him based on my experience with Pen and Paper) I have since found out that a) a mechanic build is near useless for things other than traps. I still dish out a lot of DPS but, I know going Assassin will give me vorp strikes.

I am trying to decide between Human for the feat, halfling for the DEX and 34 point build, or Drow for the stats but it would be a 30 point build. I know I will be taking improved critical for rapiers and over-sized TWF to not get the penalty. Max out Dex and hive a high INT and need to work on WIS/CHA for use magic device and other WIS skills.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you have the Q-staffs ready I would say go for a big stick acrobat. I got to lvl 18 last night and my rahl's might is owning every damn thing in sight.
It's your toon though and have fun with whatever you chose.
Amadeuss is my first rogue, or i might have more suggestions/advice for ya.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Are you going for DPS? or for well-rounded assassin that can still do traps?

IP Logged

Theft
Korthos Resident

Habitual.0

Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Are you going for DPS? or for well-rounded assassin that can still do traps?

I want to be able to do traps as well. I think rogues should all be able to do traps personally.

Theft . Judaah
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings. - Diogenes of Sinope

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Theft wrote on Jan 3rd, 2011 at 9:14pm:
I want to be able to do traps as well. I think rogues should all be able to do traps personally.

well are we taking Epic Traps? or just Elites all around? I think there's a thread in the main forums on Epic Trap DCs

IP Logged

Theft
Korthos Resident

Habitual.0

Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Quote:
well are we taking Epic Traps? or just Elites all around? I think there's a thread in the main forums on Epic Trap DCs

I have not ran across any epic traps. When I do von raid it is normal von5 Normal and evon6, I'm not sure if doing epic traps is all that important. With that said I have only ran about 5 epics quests 3 were von1, the rest von6, is there a use/need for an epic trap smith?

Theft . Judaah

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Theft wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 at 10:14am:
I have not ran across any epic traps. When I do von raid it is normal von5 Normal and evon6, I'm not sure if doing epic traps is all that important. With that said I have only ran about 5 epics quests 3 were von1, the rest von6, is there a use/need for an epic trap smith?

Right now? no.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Theft wrote on Jan 4th, 2011 at 10:14am:

Only for Epic VoN5, but no one does that that I know of....the doors in there are ~90+DC to unlock iirc

IP Logged

Theft
Korthos Resident

Habitual.0

Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
Only for Epic VoN5, but no one does that that I know of....the doors in there are ~90+DC to unlock iirc

Yeah, it's something retarded. So I guess for now my build will be fore anything elite. where DCs are more around the 50 to 60 range.

I am thinking 18 Rogue/2 Monk going for assassin, but is that worth it? I don't lose too much on skills, but as I have never played a monk, what does 2 levels of monk really add besides the wisdom to AC and a few extra skills points if I take the monkey path.

Theft . Judaah

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Theft wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 7:30am:
Yeah, it's something retarded. So I guess for now my build will be fore anything elite. where DCs are more around the 50 to 60 range.

I am thinking 18 Rogue/2 Monk going for assassin, but is that worth it? I don't lose too much on skills, but as I have never played a monk, what does 2 levels of monk really add besides the wisdom to AC and a few extra skills points if I take the monkey path.

A monk feat or two, but the Assassin Capstone is really fucking sexy...might wanna go for it =D

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #10 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Quote:

I think 90 is a a pretty high estimate. 

I run this on Inkdrop on occassion, and don't have any problems with the doors.  My build has spent no feats or AP's on open lock, no +skill green steel items, although it is a dex build.  Basically a finesse rogue with +15 OL item and +5 tools, and I don't recall the doors being an issue at all.  Last time I ran it was about a week ago.

EDIT: The locked chest has a pretty damn high DC.  Somewhere in the high 80's.

Ink
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2011 at 11:47am by Inkblack »  

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #11 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Quote:
A monk feat or two, but the Assassin Capstone is really fucking sexy...might wanna go for it =D

I agree.  The rogue deadly shadows capstone is awesome.  Losing that for a 1 level splash, splash two levels and you also lose 1d6 of backstab damage.  Pure is the way to go.

IP Logged

Theft
Korthos Resident

Habitual.0

Reply #12 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Any Idea on race? Theft is a halfling now and that is what I am leaning towards again. Is Drow or Human a better choice?

Theft . Judaah

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 11:46am:
I think 90 is a a pretty high estimate. 

I run this on Inkdrop on occassion, and don't have any problems with the doors.  My build has spent no feats or AP's on open lock, no +skill green steel items, although it is a dex build.  Basically a finesse rogue with +15 OL item and +5 tools, and I don't recall the doors being an issue at all.  Last time I ran it was about a week ago.

EDIT: The locked chest has a pretty damn high DC.  Somewhere in the high 80's.

Ink

Ya, I ran Amrath flagging with a guildie a few days ago and was able to hit all the doors for the prisoners in A New Invasion... although some of the doors had about a 50ish DC...lol

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Theft wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 12:31pm:
Any Idea on race? Theft is a halfling now and that is what I am leaning towards again. Is Drow or Human a better choice?

Halfling is always a solid choice...human if you really need another feat and extra skill points. Drow is kinda wasted...can't think of anything a Rogue needs Extra CHA for...UMD is easy enough to get, Bluff, Diplo, and Intim are there too, btu you should be able to get them nice and high with skill points alone.

IP Logged

Theft
Korthos Resident

Habitual.0

Reply #15 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Alright, thanks for the help guys!

Theft . Judaah

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #16 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Theft wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 12:31pm:

Lord help me, I can't believe that I'm actually going to say this, but...  you might want to consider Half Elf.  DR3/- and +70 HP from enhancements is pretty damned sexy.

Please note that I am NOT saying that you must take Half Elf.  I'm just saying that it isn't the complete piece of trash that it appeared to be at the introduction of U7.

Edit:  just please don't make your character a HElf if the first life was male.  Male HElves are just wrong.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:34am by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

Theft
Korthos Resident

Habitual.0

Reply #17 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:41am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:33am:
Lord help me, I can't believe that I'm actually going to say this, but...  you might want to consider Half Elf.  DR3/- and +70 HP from enhancements is pretty damned sexy.

Please note that I am NOT saying that you must take Half Elf.  I'm just saying that it isn't the complete piece of trash that it appeared to be at the introduction of U7.

Edit:  just please don't make your character a HElf if the first life was male.  Male HElves are just wrong.

He's a dude.

I just just make a Helf female bard though, just started her last night seeing if I dig it.

Theft . Judaah

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #18 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Theft wrote on Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:41am:
He's a dude.

I just just make a Helf female bard though, just started her last night seeing if I dig it.

I will say that the thing that made me finally take a serious look at Half Elves is when I saw one /taunt two days ago.  Smiley

fnord

IP Logged

Theft
Korthos Resident

Habitual.0

Reply #19 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:49am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:44am:
I will say that the thing that made me finally take a serious look at Half Elves is when I saw one /taunt two days ago.  Smiley

I will have to try that when I get home from work.

Theft . Judaah

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #20 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:33am:

To late...

Grin

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #21 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
depends what you want... max dps pure rogue halfling str based with khops 16str dex and con 10 int if 34 pt... try and fit in active rogue past life its very good.. maybe for ic:s if you only use minII but you lose one of rogues best weapons on trash which is radII which trigger on crit...

if you want well roundedness and survivability while leveling ( this makes tring much less stressful btw if youre pugging) then splash a lvl of monk or two for a bit of an ac bonus and go dex based using rapiers. can also fit active rogue past life in this version too and not lose as much dps...

if you just want pure rogue and dex based i dont understand you because you gain nothing out of it unless you only have nice rapiers/ss Tongue

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Horc.

If you're gonna do something, don't do it half. Thug all the way.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #23 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Razcar wrote on Jan 21st, 2011 at 10:59am:
Horc.

If you're gonna do something, don't do it half. Thug all the way.

Either that or...  I like

In a H-Orc rogue... either assasin or acrobat is still a lot of DPS and solid (one mod point behind taking the start of 20 str but slightly more skillful)... plus Int or Cha still have plenty of skills will even do most traps (even many epic ones) in game and umd heal scrolls and such. If Assasin ... I like staying Pure.

« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2011 at 4:01pm by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #24 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Emili wrote on Jan 22nd, 2011 at 3:56pm:

Either that or...  I like

In a H-Orc rogue... either assasin or acrobat is still a lot of DPS and solid (one mod point behind taking the start of 20 str but slightly more skillful)... plus Int or Cha still have plenty of skills will even do most traps (even many epic ones) in game and umd heal scrolls and such. If Assasin ... I like staying Pure.

Well before they added the Sneak of SHadows capstone there wasnt much of a reason to take those last 2 levels of rogue lol.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint