Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Please (Read 7905 times)
JC
My Little Pony

Re: Please
Reply #25 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 5:27pm:
Don't feel bad, it wouldn't occur to me to complain over there either - nobody reads it, and nobody cares. People here at the Vault care.

This place is all about the caring. Every time I log in, I can feel the love.

My brain stopped working for a moment due to how little that made sense.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:11pm by JC »  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 5:27pm:
Don't feel bad, it wouldn't occur to me to complain over there either - nobody reads it, and nobody cares. People here at the Vault care.

This place is all about the caring. Every time I log in, I can feel the love.

btw, since I've got to live with it running through my head now, so do you:

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #27 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 6:46pm:
My brain stopped working for a moment due to how little the maid since.

o i c wat u dyd ther

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #28 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 9:32pm:
o i c wat u dyd ther

brain no works good

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
I haven't got Lam installed on the laptop but imagine this is completely unplayable.

I have to believe that they are going to fix the not showing all 12 party members though.

date=1314029297]If it's the precursor to them actually getting the LUA scripting set up for the UI, I don't care how big it is right now.

I'd be even happier if they'd just rip off the Guild Wars UI though. Being able to scale/move/hide nearly everything on an item by item basis is great. [/quote]

So you are saying that this is the same scripting language used for WOW? Will it mean more user created plugins and bot wars?

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #30 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:27am
Print Post  
I will have to reclaim my desktop from the hubby. Sad thing is my laptop has the better processor. Shocked

IP Logged

DooshCanoe
Waterworks Kobold

team killing f-tard

Reply #31 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 8:27am:
I will have to reclaim my desktop from the hubby. Sad thing is my laptop has the better processor. Shocked

Looks like its finally time to upgrade my 4yo rig.  Works fine for the game mostly, but the poor CPU can't handle any more.

Anyone have suggestions for a decent rig for around $750??

I'll keep my monitor, its not huge, but 24" works for me.

Light a man a fire, keep him warm for the night.  Light a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #32 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
for 750 you can get a gigabyte 990fx (basic run you about 150) - 6 core amd proc for another 150, 16 gb of ram for 120, a 6870 1gb for 140 and a new PS to run this all for another 125 (I like antec personally, a 650 would be fine).
with this setup you will run this game at max settings on your machine no issue, the only thing is if you can put it together....

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Guenalicious
Korthos Resident

Heya ;-)

Reply #33 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
I thought that there was an option to turn off the new numbers??

GuenlittleGuennieGuenmagicGuenaliciousGuendoctor

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
I recall hearing there's a smaller version and you can toggle off sharing your hp/sp with other party members.

Although I can't wait to see your comments at the first 150 hp pugger that joins an epic party.

IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Why are the health bars shorter? Numbers don't help unless you can do subtraction faster than eyeball estimation. I want a UI where the party health bars are just as long as mine.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #36 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
DooshCanoe wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:28am:
Looks like its finally time to upgrade my 4yo rig.  Works fine for the game mostly, but the poor CPU can't handle any more.

Anyone have suggestions for a decent rig for around $750??

I'll keep my monitor, its not huge, but 24" works for me.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/SVM

Note: I grabbed this particular setup from Reddit but you can tweek its as you like.  Building a rig is usually nets better results than any pre-built system.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 1:22pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
And it's really not hard!  You usually put the motherboard into the case with like 3-5 screws, plug in maybe half a dozen things into the board, screw in and attach the drives and go.  If you get a case without the PS already installed, that'll add 4 whole screws.  Tongue

The trickiest part is putting in the processor and adding the heat sink.  Which involves slapping some paste onto a square and then snapping down four clips.  It is slightly harder than eating a cracker with squeezy cheese, but only slightly.  Tongue

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #38 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Just remember you don't need much squeezy cheese (thermal compound) on the processor.  That's the most common mistake I've seen. Just enough to get it spread evenly over the die and you're good to go.  There's plenty of helpful how to guides to installing a processor on these here interwebs also.

IP Logged

woody
Shroud Slacker

Pass the popcorn

Reply #39 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Thermal compound comes in a small tube for a reason. A small amount will go a long way for any job you are using it for. Also if you are handling bare circuit boards remember your ESD devices and take necessary precautions. Really sucks to zap a CCA and turn it into a 500$ doorstop.

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #40 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Hardware is usually a piece of cake if you have any sort hand-eye coordination. Biggest problem I've seen recently is the newer generation of high end video cards are long and don't always fit comfortably in a mid-sized case.

Most common problem I've had was getting all the software drivers to play nice together. To be fair, I haven't built from scratch with Win7. Dunno if the process is better now or no.

woody wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:24pm:
Also if you are handling bare circuit boards remember your ESD devices and take necessary precautions. Really sucks to zap a CCA and turn it into a 500$ doorstop.

Also know that magnets are generally not a good idea around most things with persistent storage. Translated, that means make sure your screwdriver doesn't have a magnet on the end and don't go fishing for lost screws with a magnet on a stick.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:07pm by Bahgoon »  

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #41 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Those magnets are typically not powerful enough to damage an HD or any other computer part.

but if you are the lucky one that it does it sucks.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Last time I did the new MBD and CPU thing the squeeze cheese was pre squeezed. Didn't change my fan so none there either...

Will this new GUI allow for more user written interface tools?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #43 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 1:48pm:
And it's really not hard!  You usually put the motherboard into the case with like 3-5 screws, plug in maybe half a dozen things into the board, screw in and attach the drives and go.  If you get a case without the PS already installed, that'll add 4 whole screws.  Tongue

The trickiest part is putting in the processor and adding the heat sink.  Which involves slapping some paste onto a square and then snapping down four clips.  It is slightly harder than eating a cracker with squeezy cheese, but only slightly.  Tongue 

My current experience with processors is, pre-squeezed.  Sandy-Bridge boards seem to come that way.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
I haven't built one in a long time, never used the esd strap except at CompUSA.  Always used magnetic screwdrivers infact my old cordless 9v drill with a dewalt changable screwdriver was my best buy I ever made for work.  There should be 6 screws on the mainboard sometimes 8 for a larger board, but 6 minimum.  You used to have to put in the standoffs to align the holes as best as possible. 

If your'e building one, take care of your cables.  Make sure you keep them clean and organized.  I can assemble a system in under 10 minutes.  It generally was at least that long to properly route cables though if it was my system.  The volume builds always just did quick bundle jobs to look good and keep airflow clean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint